Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 31442 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 15:13 - Aug 30 with 2151 viewsmagicdaps10

It is a sorry state of affairs.

Looking at the squad, it is thin but 2 positions are being screamed out for, a centre half and a Defensive midfielder. Last year we were crying out for a RB and no 10, it was obvious to most and they ignored that, lessons are not being learned!!!

I just hope Potter is bluffing the media but I wouldn't be surprised that he is not.

How the obvious is being ignored is unreal, killing the club and as stated, how these idiots stick up for the clowns behind it all, it is just baffling.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 15:15 - Aug 30 with 2137 viewsLoyal

No loans coming in? on 14:09 - Aug 30 by angryjack

If true it's disgraceful,these Yanks need to f@ck off sharpish,I really hope we go down if it means getting rid these kants,think Potter been sold down river as well,don't think he would have come here if he knew it was this bad

Already had a few nutters on the pit h. It's only a matter of time before it's a few hundred. Then take your pick. A quick sprint then it's chaos.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

No loans coming in? on 15:21 - Aug 30 with 2092 viewscostalotta

Potter wanted signings but will not speak out in public.

If he continues to do a reasonable job, which given the circumstances will actually be a fantastic job, he will be off the first offer he gets. And he will get a few I’d imagine.

There’s only one way our club seems to be heading at the moment. And whilst the yanks are here and the sell outs shielding them that will not change.

Sleepwalking into relegation was a phrase banded about here a few seasons ago. Well, we could be sleep walking right into the shite the way we’re going.

Put the club for sale and ph ck off please. Oh, don’t worry about the lights (you’ll more than likely sell them anyway) but do take those scumbag sell outs with you.
No loans coming in? on 15:23 - Aug 30 with 2077 viewsN_T_J

No loans coming in? on 14:55 - Aug 30 by shandyjack

or maybe just maybe, Potter is happy with the squad as it sits with Bony in it. 28 players in the squad is quite big tbh, if Bony stays then i think we will only be short 1 CM, and if thats Mulumbu then happy days.

Mulumbu signing for Celtic on a 2 year contract
No loans coming in? on 15:24 - Aug 30 with 2064 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 15:15 - Aug 30 by Loyal

Already had a few nutters on the pit h. It's only a matter of time before it's a few hundred. Then take your pick. A quick sprint then it's chaos.

They must have a lot of faith in Potter, if things are not good around November time then I fully expect the screw to be turned and the nasty level to rise.

I bet Jenkins is cacking it.

No loans coming in? on 15:28 - Aug 30 with 2047 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 15:23 - Aug 30 by N_T_J

Mulumbu signing for Celtic on a 2 year contract

Never were interested !
No loans coming in? on 15:33 - Aug 30 with 2007 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No loans coming in? on 14:55 - Aug 30 by shandyjack

or maybe just maybe, Potter is happy with the squad as it sits with Bony in it. 28 players in the squad is quite big tbh, if Bony stays then i think we will only be short 1 CM, and if thats Mulumbu then happy days.

Have you actually looked at those 28 players
The current team is lasted as
Nordfeldt - GK
Benda - GK
Mulder - GK
Olsson - D
van der Hoorn - D
Carter-Vickers - D
Rodon - D
Roberts - D
John - D
Naughton - D
Montero - MF
Fer - MF
Celina - MF
Narsingh - MF
Dyer - MF
Carroll - MF
Routledge - MF
McKay - MF
Grimes - MF
Fulton - MF
Byers - MF
Dhanda - MF
Bony - S
McBurnie - S
Asoro - S
Baker-Richardson - S
That is 26 players, 12 over 25 including 3 we are trying to off load and 14 under 25.
So if they off loaded Dyer, Routledge & Narsingh it would 9 over 25s v 14 under 25s.
If no older replacements come in it will be 9 v 17, not exactly experienced and balanced.
This is going to be a baptism of fire for all those youngsters that have never been out on loan to get adult play under their belts.
It is a good job they took part in the CheckerTrade trophy over the last 2 years, so they have some experience of playing against hardened pro players.
We have to hope that Potter can get the best out of them without breaking or burning out too many of them.
No loans coming in? on 15:34 - Aug 30 with 2010 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 15:24 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

They must have a lot of faith in Potter, if things are not good around November time then I fully expect the screw to be turned and the nasty level to rise.

Jenkins won't be bothered he will just walk away has made his money.
The Yanks will stay away as well.
The only ones in the box will be the Trust the way it's going.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 15:36 - Aug 30 with 1984 viewsdcd14

I wish the journos in the press conferences would stop pussy footing around.

They ask about signings and just accept the response, I wish they would press more.

Useless.
No loans coming in? on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 1955 viewsHugeEnkins

It would seem that this has been the plan all along. Potter must have looked at our attacking (lack of) options, bearing in mind that the entire 1st team were pretty much leaving, and said "get me McKay, Celina, Dhanda, Asoro" with the extremely limited funds. He was always going to have to rely on the 'youth' to rise to the challenge. Bony still being here was probably unexpected and whether he stays remains to be seen. Landing CCV from spurs is the only 'bonus' for us. Everything else has been 'the plan' since we got relegated and will continue to be like this until our youthful squad matures. If anyone else leaves, it won't be a huge surprise now. If anyone else joins, it will be a massive shock. All we can do now is get behind the squad and hope they perform. If we are top half come Christmas, maybe the old classic Big Nose "maybe one or two signings" will be heard from the board. Otherwise, that's it for a while.
No loans coming in? on 15:40 - Aug 30 with 1954 viewsElmo

GP nurturing the prodigious U23 talent is an excellent way forward.

Exciting, entertaining times ahead. The season so far is testament to that.

Shareholders will have signed up 100% to this strategy
No loans coming in? on 15:41 - Aug 30 with 1954 viewsjackal

Absolutely gutted? - yes.
Surprised? - no.

What state will this club be in once the fvcking Yanks have bled it dry and finally fvcked off? -
Fvck knows.
No loans coming in? on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 1950 viewsAce_Jack

No loans coming in? on 14:49 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Unless they can mature quite a bit, I doubt if they are good enough, although defensively we are doing reasonably well.
But even there we are pretty light.
Our problem since Michu & Bony has been a prolific goal scorer and as yet that hasn't changed.
Which means we will probably losr quite a few games by just one goal because although we contain the other side for most of the game we still aren't taking our chances well enough.

T'was ever thus
No loans coming in? on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 1947 viewsN_T_J

No loans coming in? on 15:24 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

I was talking to a old chap at the game Tuesday, and he was telling me Jenkins mum and dad wont talk to Jenkins anymore after what he done with the club. (God knows if its true) and he was telling me something about 437 staff, but I didnt know what he was on about. But he said that the board can get done for fraud if they get caught.

Again he totally lost me in his rambles. Lovely chap though.
No loans coming in? on 15:53 - Aug 30 with 1869 viewsCaptain_Sham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45358606

Its just a ride.

No loans coming in? on 15:54 - Aug 30 with 1862 viewsCaptain_Sham

No loans coming in? on 15:21 - Aug 30 by costalotta

Potter wanted signings but will not speak out in public.

If he continues to do a reasonable job, which given the circumstances will actually be a fantastic job, he will be off the first offer he gets. And he will get a few I’d imagine.

There’s only one way our club seems to be heading at the moment. And whilst the yanks are here and the sell outs shielding them that will not change.

Sleepwalking into relegation was a phrase banded about here a few seasons ago. Well, we could be sleep walking right into the shite the way we’re going.

Put the club for sale and ph ck off please. Oh, don’t worry about the lights (you’ll more than likely sell them anyway) but do take those scumbag sell outs with you.

"Potter wanted signings but will not speak out in public. "

Ok Graham, say no more.

What a load of bollox.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 15:55]

Its just a ride.

No loans coming in? on 15:55 - Aug 30 with 1855 viewsDarran

No loans coming in? on 15:42 - Aug 30 by N_T_J

I was talking to a old chap at the game Tuesday, and he was telling me Jenkins mum and dad wont talk to Jenkins anymore after what he done with the club. (God knows if its true) and he was telling me something about 437 staff, but I didnt know what he was on about. But he said that the board can get done for fraud if they get caught.

Again he totally lost me in his rambles. Lovely chap though.

Well that’s utter nonsense about his mum and dad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No loans coming in? on 15:57 - Aug 30 with 1843 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 15:53 - Aug 30 by Captain_Sham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45358606

He’s referring to squad numbers... that’s the mount of players at his disposal. Now, players in this context doesn’t distinguish between quality, development stage, readiness, age, experience etc.

But you know that don’t you.
No loans coming in? on 15:57 - Aug 30 with 1842 viewsAngelRangelQS

No loans coming in? on 15:33 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Have you actually looked at those 28 players
The current team is lasted as
Nordfeldt - GK
Benda - GK
Mulder - GK
Olsson - D
van der Hoorn - D
Carter-Vickers - D
Rodon - D
Roberts - D
John - D
Naughton - D
Montero - MF
Fer - MF
Celina - MF
Narsingh - MF
Dyer - MF
Carroll - MF
Routledge - MF
McKay - MF
Grimes - MF
Fulton - MF
Byers - MF
Dhanda - MF
Bony - S
McBurnie - S
Asoro - S
Baker-Richardson - S
That is 26 players, 12 over 25 including 3 we are trying to off load and 14 under 25.
So if they off loaded Dyer, Routledge & Narsingh it would 9 over 25s v 14 under 25s.
If no older replacements come in it will be 9 v 17, not exactly experienced and balanced.
This is going to be a baptism of fire for all those youngsters that have never been out on loan to get adult play under their belts.
It is a good job they took part in the CheckerTrade trophy over the last 2 years, so they have some experience of playing against hardened pro players.
We have to hope that Potter can get the best out of them without breaking or burning out too many of them.

There is a slight gap in the centre of midfield, a huge hole up front if Bony goes and ideally we could probably do with one or two older players in the spine. Other than that the squad isn't as bad as some are making out.

There is a real pathway for some of these youngsters this season now - not just the ones who are in and around the first team already but some others too.
No loans coming in? on 15:59 - Aug 30 with 1827 viewsCaptain_Sham

Stop projecting your histrionic pant wetting mania onto our manager. If he doesn't share the view of the recidivist dribbling fkwits, then that's quite a relief.

Its just a ride.

No loans coming in? on 16:02 - Aug 30 with 1790 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 15:59 - Aug 30 by Captain_Sham

Stop projecting your histrionic pant wetting mania onto our manager. If he doesn't share the view of the recidivist dribbling fkwits, then that's quite a relief.

Ooohhh your hard!

#teamcockwhomble

No loans coming in? on 16:02 - Aug 30 with 1785 viewsDarran

No loans coming in? on 16:02 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Ooohhh your hard!

#teamcockwhomble

you’re.

No loans coming in? on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 1757 viewscostalotta

No loans coming in? on 15:59 - Aug 30 by Captain_Sham

Not projecting anything. The club board and chairman and doing that all by themselves.

Just adding a bit of context to what it was your promoting or trying to spin. Potter is not going to come out and say we’ve not got the quality needed for xyz. But, he’s suggested plenty of times weaknesses in the squad, replacements that might be needed, he even wanted woods and one or two others.
No loans coming in? on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 1758 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 16:02 - Aug 30 by Darran

you’re.

Apologies Dar, out and about whilst posting quickly.

You enjoy pointing that error out to me now and again.

No loans coming in? on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 1749 viewsDarran

No loans coming in? on 16:05 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Apologies Dar, out and about whilst posting quickly.

You enjoy pointing that error out to me now and again.

Apology accepted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024