Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 31443 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 17:30 - Aug 30 with 1855 views34dfgdf54

No loans coming in? on 17:22 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Yes he said the squad was unbalanced but was ok in numbers.
I am pretty sure Clement said the squad was unbalanced as well.
And I read something from Calvahal that stated that transfers were difficult.
They all moan after they have gone.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 17:32]

Carvahal said we struggled because of our position at the time. That’s understandable.

Unless there’s two arrivals tomorrow, DMF and striker, there are no excuses. It’s likely Narsingh, Dyer and Routs are off to further lower wage bill.
No loans coming in? on 17:32 - Aug 30 with 1836 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The side has been "unbalanced" in one way or another since Monk got rid of all the Spanish players.
No loans coming in? on 17:33 - Aug 30 with 1827 viewstrinityann

Maybe Mr Potter was surprised by the high standards of the U-23's players after having more time to study the squad.
No loans coming in? on 17:35 - Aug 30 with 1812 viewsrob

The squad that Potter has to pick his team from is an utter disgrace. Going into a long brutal season with a handful of experienced pros and the rest, kids, is far too risky.

Personally, I think we have been very, very lucky to have had the start that we have had. Truth is, we could go down this season. If you can't see that, you must be fing blind.
No loans coming in? on 17:38 - Aug 30 with 1791 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 17:35 - Aug 30 by rob

The squad that Potter has to pick his team from is an utter disgrace. Going into a long brutal season with a handful of experienced pros and the rest, kids, is far too risky.

Personally, I think we have been very, very lucky to have had the start that we have had. Truth is, we could go down this season. If you can't see that, you must be fing blind.

Why are you quoting me was just repeating what Potter said in his press conference.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 17:38 - Aug 30 with 1784 viewsmagicdaps10

He stated today that he is happy with numbers and then when asked about experience, he said that it is all about quality rather than age.

The question is, does he have the quality in the numbers he has?

There was the opening for the journos.

Reading back through his quotes, it is obvious he is not totally happy and is just keeping quiet about it to the media.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 17:39 - Aug 30 with 1782 viewsrob

No loans coming in? on 17:38 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Why are you quoting me was just repeating what Potter said in his press conference.

Sorry, pressed the wrong reply button :D !
No loans coming in? on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 1773 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 17:11 - Aug 30 by 34dfgdf54

This in spades.

As someone said above, he has said numerous times about his squad needing “support” in the way of transfers and loans, now all of a sudden it’s “oh I checked the numbers this morning and we are fine in terms of numbers in squad”

It’s all complete b*llocks

Yep.

Careful with his words. He has enough players in the squad but the players that are playing in the first team need support.

In my book it means he would like to move some on and get others in. However as the moving on side isn’t going to happen neither is the coming in. It’s one out one in by the sounds of it with any in on lower wages than any out.

If we can see where the gaping holes are I’m sure that Potter is more than capable of knowing where the issues are. So if the current first team isn’t going to get the support that he would like what is he going to do? Exactly what he was brought here to do, work on the training pitch.

We may well see some players playing in unfamiliar roles if we have a run of injuries or players need a rest and the coaching team will be working on that on the training ground.
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 17:54 - Aug 30 with 1702 viewsGixerJack

No loans coming in? on 14:17 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

We've certainly got the numbers if we drag bodies in from the development squad. Quality now is a whole different matter.

Good to see us focussing on development though rather than signing overpaid misfits. I think I'd rather this way round even if it could take a while to get up to speed.

Someone posted a link to a radio interview that Pearlman gave a couple of weeks ago in which he said that we would be "looking from within", in my mind this comment confirmed that the intention was always to develop and promote the youngsters to the first team which will in turn further develop.

Some of these guys have been employed by the club for a number of years playing in the development teams in preparation for the step up to senior football, a season playing at this level will give a damned good measure of which ones we should be keeping for a serious attempt at promotion next season and which ones should be shipped out and replaced.
No loans coming in? on 18:01 - Aug 30 with 1658 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 17:54 - Aug 30 by GixerJack

Someone posted a link to a radio interview that Pearlman gave a couple of weeks ago in which he said that we would be "looking from within", in my mind this comment confirmed that the intention was always to develop and promote the youngsters to the first team which will in turn further develop.

Some of these guys have been employed by the club for a number of years playing in the development teams in preparation for the step up to senior football, a season playing at this level will give a damned good measure of which ones we should be keeping for a serious attempt at promotion next season and which ones should be shipped out and replaced.

Promotion from league 1
No loans coming in? on 18:01 - Aug 30 with 1652 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 17:40 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

Yep.

Careful with his words. He has enough players in the squad but the players that are playing in the first team need support.

In my book it means he would like to move some on and get others in. However as the moving on side isn’t going to happen neither is the coming in. It’s one out one in by the sounds of it with any in on lower wages than any out.

If we can see where the gaping holes are I’m sure that Potter is more than capable of knowing where the issues are. So if the current first team isn’t going to get the support that he would like what is he going to do? Exactly what he was brought here to do, work on the training pitch.

We may well see some players playing in unfamiliar roles if we have a run of injuries or players need a rest and the coaching team will be working on that on the training ground.

Good post can't disagree with any of that.
We are very lucky to have Potter I just hope he isn't hung out to dry.
I do think we are in for a tough season unless he can solve the midfield conundrum as only Fer has impressed there to date.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 1615 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 18:01 - Aug 30 by angryjack

Promotion from league 1

People are so blasé about this division it’s unreal isn’t it?

‘Ah well, we’ll tread water and then go up.’

I imagine that’s what Sunderland thought as well.

Anyone that thinks Potter is doing anything other than putting a brave face on things is genuinely mad. And, I can only assume, hasn’t watched us this season.

Our weakness is plain for all to see. And that’s in the teams that have played, which are pretty much first choice, what on earth will we look like in November, with even an average amount of injuries.

If we don’t bring in the 2 or 3 we so desperately need, it’s an unforgivable disgrace.
No loans coming in? on 18:13 - Aug 30 with 1591 viewsCatullus

No loans coming in? on 18:01 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Good post can't disagree with any of that.
We are very lucky to have Potter I just hope he isn't hung out to dry.
I do think we are in for a tough season unless he can solve the midfield conundrum as only Fer has impressed there to date.

It all depends on what Potter was told and how much of it turned out to be BS. Then it will depend on how much more BS he can handle before he does a Mickey Adams. If Potter does quit we could be stuffed, we'll be lucky to attract Kevin Cullis the way things are.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No loans coming in? on 18:17 - Aug 30 with 1561 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 18:09 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

Anyone that thinks Potter is doing anything other than putting a brave face on things is genuinely mad. And, I can only assume, hasn’t watched us this season.

Our weakness is plain for all to see. And that’s in the teams that have played, which are pretty much first choice, what on earth will we look like in November, with even an average amount of injuries.

If we don’t bring in the 2 or 3 we so desperately need, it’s an unforgivable disgrace.

Can I ask a question please as a Trust member.
Will they be getting access to the accounts to put minds at rest on here.
As I have lost count of the number of posters who have mentioned money going out of the club.
And what is your personal view of the way the club is being run if you don't want to answer no problem.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 18:20]

No loans coming in? on 18:18 - Aug 30 with 1555 viewsFlashberryjack

No loans coming in? on 18:13 - Aug 30 by Catullus

It all depends on what Potter was told and how much of it turned out to be BS. Then it will depend on how much more BS he can handle before he does a Mickey Adams. If Potter does quit we could be stuffed, we'll be lucky to attract Kevin Cullis the way things are.

Maybe Potter wasn't told bullsh*t, but the fans have been.

"hopefully 3 loans coming in" some f*cker's lying.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No loans coming in? on 18:18 - Aug 30 with 1554 viewsFireboy2

Spot on lisa

Im resigned to the fact that potter was lied to (like so many others) and they were never going to get any loans in to replace the expensive failures

They always had the intention of promoting from within even if it does send us down

The sooner these fvcking hedge fund cvnts are gone the better

Even if we are in league 2
No loans coming in? on 18:22 - Aug 30 with 1516 viewsawayjack

Agree. GP is paying lip service to his employers. He’s smart enough to see we’re 3-4 players short of a competive squad. It’s naive - no actually stupid - not to plan for injuries. Rodon and Roberts have already stepped up which is brilliant - but expect another 3-4 U23 to also step is just naive. This is a hugely competitive championship not league 1/2.
No loans coming in? on 18:25 - Aug 30 with 1500 viewsjackrmee

Swear we are in administration!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No loans coming in? on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 1495 viewsbonymine

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/confirmed-ipswich-finalise-deal-for-experience

Would have been a decent experienced signing at this level imho

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

No loans coming in? on 18:30 - Aug 30 with 1466 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 18:17 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Can I ask a question please as a Trust member.
Will they be getting access to the accounts to put minds at rest on here.
As I have lost count of the number of posters who have mentioned money going out of the club.
And what is your personal view of the way the club is being run if you don't want to answer no problem.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 18:20]

The Trust does get access to accounts (management accounts).

They contain quite a lot of information (more detailed than the annual accounts) and so money leaving the club (in an asset stripping type way) would be spotted within relatively short order.

Also, the supporters director has regular meetings with the club’s FD at which questions can be raised. Questions are also raised and answered if any arise from review of the accounts.

We have asked a number of quite detailed questions about this transfer window and it’s effect on the financial position and currently await response. When response is received, we’d be better placed to answer the last bit of your post and update members accordingly.

In my personal view, there was an obvious need to reset the finances this season. High earners needed to be moved on and the financial gap between PL income and Championship income closed.

However, there was never the expectation that any reset would leave a threadbare or unbalanced squad. As at now, we have 24 hours or so to see if that’s the case.
No loans coming in? on 18:31 - Aug 30 with 1457 viewsFlashberryjack

No loans coming in? on 18:25 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

Swear we are in administration!

We will be before the yanks, sneaky beaky and the penny slotter f*ck off.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No loans coming in? on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 1449 viewsLandore_Jack

Have the Trust spoke with the owners and Jenkins regarding new signings?

#backtojack

No loans coming in? on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 1441 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 18:32 - Aug 30 by Landore_Jack

Have the Trust spoke with the owners and Jenkins regarding new signings?

Yes.
No loans coming in? on 18:47 - Aug 30 with 1355 viewsFireboy2

No loans coming in? on 18:32 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

Yes.

And?
No loans coming in? on 18:48 - Aug 30 with 1355 viewsthornabyswan

No loans coming in? on 18:30 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

The Trust does get access to accounts (management accounts).

They contain quite a lot of information (more detailed than the annual accounts) and so money leaving the club (in an asset stripping type way) would be spotted within relatively short order.

Also, the supporters director has regular meetings with the club’s FD at which questions can be raised. Questions are also raised and answered if any arise from review of the accounts.

We have asked a number of quite detailed questions about this transfer window and it’s effect on the financial position and currently await response. When response is received, we’d be better placed to answer the last bit of your post and update members accordingly.

In my personal view, there was an obvious need to reset the finances this season. High earners needed to be moved on and the financial gap between PL income and Championship income closed.

However, there was never the expectation that any reset would leave a threadbare or unbalanced squad. As at now, we have 24 hours or so to see if that’s the case.

Thanks for the reply my view is unless anybody goes out nobody will come in.
Which when you consider the number of players who have already gone is shocking really.
Especially after Pearlman indicated he would be surprised if there were no incomings.
They are taking the pi$$ out of everyone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024