Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 31274 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 18:50 - Aug 30 with 1751 viewsjackportis

What’s this new recruitment guy get up to.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

No loans coming in? on 18:56 - Aug 30 with 1706 viewsLeonWasGod

No loans coming in? on 18:26 - Aug 30 by bonymine

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/confirmed-ipswich-finalise-deal-for-experience

Would have been a decent experienced signing at this level imho

That gets us back for signing CCV; their fans were gutted they lost out to us there. Walters is a superb signing at this level, although maybe a year too late as he's getting on a bit? But if fit he'll cause teams all sorts of problems. Possibly not our priority though - I'd rather add a decent DM and backup to Socks.
No loans coming in? on 18:59 - Aug 30 with 1688 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 18:47 - Aug 30 by Fireboy2

And?

Lets be fair, whatever they told them was clearly a load of horse shit.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No loans coming in? on 19:00 - Aug 30 with 1682 viewsmagicdaps10

Out of curiosity, what time does the loan window close tomorrow?

Ps
Where the fook IS Sean Clare?

No loans coming in? on 19:04 - Aug 30 with 1666 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 18:09 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

People are so blasé about this division it’s unreal isn’t it?

‘Ah well, we’ll tread water and then go up.’

I imagine that’s what Sunderland thought as well.

Anyone that thinks Potter is doing anything other than putting a brave face on things is genuinely mad. And, I can only assume, hasn’t watched us this season.

Our weakness is plain for all to see. And that’s in the teams that have played, which are pretty much first choice, what on earth will we look like in November, with even an average amount of injuries.

If we don’t bring in the 2 or 3 we so desperately need, it’s an unforgivable disgrace.

I totally, totally disagree and don't mind going against the grain in saying that.

The games I have been watching are showing a vibrant brand of football played with heart and spirit. Celina desperately needs a goal and should've had 4 or 5. It's this sort of development process that's going to hopefully make him a top drawer player.

The squad is pretty strong for this league I would say. Yes, there are certain areas we could do with strengthening in but the squad hasn't been finalised yet. We don't know who may still come in and perhaps, more importantly, who might stay.

I know it's the done thing on here to slag our football club off on the slightest of issues, bur until Saturday comes we won't know who Potter's got to choose from in full. This may still include Dyer, Routs, Narsingh and Bony. And if they are still here every single one of them will be a class above your average Championship player.

And this division is gruelling but it's severely lacking in quality and that's what Potter is interested in. He doesn't want to go out there and play Football Manager like Magic facing flaps or the like, he prefers to bring players through and get the best out of them. Nobody would have been championing Conner Roberts 6 months ago but the way he's coming on, not many will want him dropped now. The same could be said of McBurnie, and yes, he can blow hot and cold but the boy knows where the goals are and will get better and better. Joe Rodon has come in and not looked out of place and the youngsters Tuesday night did themselves and the Club proud.

And Lisa, if you don't know Potter, have never spoken to him or even met him, I don't know where you're getting that rubbish from. The games we have played have showed us to be a team learning on the job, a little inconsistent here and there, which will be expected.

Maybe instead of the obvious vendetta you have you could channel some of this energy into putting the masses right when you constantly hear of fans claiming the Board are up to no good or that they're siphoning money out of the Club, because if you have no evidence of this, the fact you just pass over the oh-so-many of these posts without comment is disturbing.

Down with the pitchfork and show some balance if you may.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No loans coming in? on 19:06 - Aug 30 with 1640 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 18:17 - Aug 30 by thornabyswan

Can I ask a question please as a Trust member.
Will they be getting access to the accounts to put minds at rest on here.
As I have lost count of the number of posters who have mentioned money going out of the club.
And what is your personal view of the way the club is being run if you don't want to answer no problem.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 18:20]

Well that's a spooky coincidence mate. I've just asked Lisa for a comment on this, and it's this she should be commenting on, not the work Potter's putting in on the training ground.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No loans coming in? on 19:09 - Aug 30 with 1623 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 18:30 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

The Trust does get access to accounts (management accounts).

They contain quite a lot of information (more detailed than the annual accounts) and so money leaving the club (in an asset stripping type way) would be spotted within relatively short order.

Also, the supporters director has regular meetings with the club’s FD at which questions can be raised. Questions are also raised and answered if any arise from review of the accounts.

We have asked a number of quite detailed questions about this transfer window and it’s effect on the financial position and currently await response. When response is received, we’d be better placed to answer the last bit of your post and update members accordingly.

In my personal view, there was an obvious need to reset the finances this season. High earners needed to be moved on and the financial gap between PL income and Championship income closed.

However, there was never the expectation that any reset would leave a threadbare or unbalanced squad. As at now, we have 24 hours or so to see if that’s the case.

So they are NOT taking money out of the Club??!!

Can you post that in a separate thread and make it a sticky then?!

This should be done but it seems you or Phil are happy for this myth to perpetuate. I think it's more than a bit fishy from you lot.

No loans coming in? on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 1615 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 19:06 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

Well that's a spooky coincidence mate. I've just asked Lisa for a comment on this, and it's this she should be commenting on, not the work Potter's putting in on the training ground.

And I’d already answered it. Before you mentioned it.

As I have done on several occasions in the past few weeks.

Doesn’t make the squad any less threadbare though does it.

Which is, after all, the subject of this thread. Although you’ll have to show me where I mentioned work on the training ground.
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 19:17 - Aug 30 with 1572 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 19:11 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

And I’d already answered it. Before you mentioned it.

As I have done on several occasions in the past few weeks.

Doesn’t make the squad any less threadbare though does it.

Which is, after all, the subject of this thread. Although you’ll have to show me where I mentioned work on the training ground.

As the Trust's financial affiliate and long time member of this site you have let countless and I mean COUNTLESS posts go by without correcting anyone. I've seen you posting messages directly after with no comment to correct these fans, why is this?

Start a thread, be communicative, tell us what you can because the Trust, bar Phil sticking something out there, is very quiet again.

Speak to us FFS. You've mentioned you've asked some questions, what are they, again FFS?? Why is this difficult.

Put something out there for us and start a thread with it....!!! Oh, and make sure you state quite clearly that you see the management accounts monthly and there IS NO ASSET STRIPPING or monies being removed.

Come on Lisa, seriously, just do it.

No loans coming in? on 19:21 - Aug 30 with 1546 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 19:04 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

I totally, totally disagree and don't mind going against the grain in saying that.

The games I have been watching are showing a vibrant brand of football played with heart and spirit. Celina desperately needs a goal and should've had 4 or 5. It's this sort of development process that's going to hopefully make him a top drawer player.

The squad is pretty strong for this league I would say. Yes, there are certain areas we could do with strengthening in but the squad hasn't been finalised yet. We don't know who may still come in and perhaps, more importantly, who might stay.

I know it's the done thing on here to slag our football club off on the slightest of issues, bur until Saturday comes we won't know who Potter's got to choose from in full. This may still include Dyer, Routs, Narsingh and Bony. And if they are still here every single one of them will be a class above your average Championship player.

And this division is gruelling but it's severely lacking in quality and that's what Potter is interested in. He doesn't want to go out there and play Football Manager like Magic facing flaps or the like, he prefers to bring players through and get the best out of them. Nobody would have been championing Conner Roberts 6 months ago but the way he's coming on, not many will want him dropped now. The same could be said of McBurnie, and yes, he can blow hot and cold but the boy knows where the goals are and will get better and better. Joe Rodon has come in and not looked out of place and the youngsters Tuesday night did themselves and the Club proud.

And Lisa, if you don't know Potter, have never spoken to him or even met him, I don't know where you're getting that rubbish from. The games we have played have showed us to be a team learning on the job, a little inconsistent here and there, which will be expected.

Maybe instead of the obvious vendetta you have you could channel some of this energy into putting the masses right when you constantly hear of fans claiming the Board are up to no good or that they're siphoning money out of the Club, because if you have no evidence of this, the fact you just pass over the oh-so-many of these posts without comment is disturbing.

Some valid points there, some!

Alot of it is so far of the mark that most would wet their pants in astonishment.

Have a fooking snickers Res!

No loans coming in? on 19:22 - Aug 30 with 1541 viewsOldjack

Who's the div that said we have a strong squad ?,when we have to play players with broken bones

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No loans coming in? on 19:25 - Aug 30 with 1527 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No loans coming in? on 19:17 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

As the Trust's financial affiliate and long time member of this site you have let countless and I mean COUNTLESS posts go by without correcting anyone. I've seen you posting messages directly after with no comment to correct these fans, why is this?

Start a thread, be communicative, tell us what you can because the Trust, bar Phil sticking something out there, is very quiet again.

Speak to us FFS. You've mentioned you've asked some questions, what are they, again FFS?? Why is this difficult.

Put something out there for us and start a thread with it....!!! Oh, and make sure you state quite clearly that you see the management accounts monthly and there IS NO ASSET STRIPPING or monies being removed.

Come on Lisa, seriously, just do it.

You are in the know. Instead of shouting her down come up with some info yourself for a change

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

No loans coming in? on 19:27 - Aug 30 with 1515 viewsLeonWasGod

Nicely put, but early indications and a couple of humbling matches suggest we're not quality for this league, yet. We're average at full strength. And that included 3 points where we benefitted from Fede at the back.

But there's definite improvement on the entertainment value. So we're going in the right direction. It's obvious we're short in certain areas though (mostly through the spine, which is not good).
No loans coming in? on 19:29 - Aug 30 with 1504 viewsElmo

The Trust sees the management accounts and presumably Forecasts.

What's in the current Forecast and Plan for 2018/19 ?
No loans coming in? on 19:35 - Aug 30 with 1460 viewsThornburyswan

No loans coming in? on 19:00 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

Out of curiosity, what time does the loan window close tomorrow?

Ps
Where the fook IS Sean Clare?

5PM tomorrow, so 21 hours & 25 mins for Huw not to do anything!
No loans coming in? on 19:36 - Aug 30 with 1450 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 19:27 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

Nicely put, but early indications and a couple of humbling matches suggest we're not quality for this league, yet. We're average at full strength. And that included 3 points where we benefitted from Fede at the back.

But there's definite improvement on the entertainment value. So we're going in the right direction. It's obvious we're short in certain areas though (mostly through the spine, which is not good).

So we're average at full strength?

And who are at full tilt? Leeds? They look to be the clear pace-setters to me, and for the most of the game we played them off the park and were without doubt the better side.

Average? No, we're more than decent and with so much room for further progression.

No loans coming in? on 19:37 - Aug 30 with 1440 viewsTheResurrection

Come on Lisa, where are you?? You don't need to send some silly whatsapp messages to ask if you can tell us some news.

Just get on with it?!!

No loans coming in? on 19:39 - Aug 30 with 1421 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 19:29 - Aug 30 by Elmo

The Trust sees the management accounts and presumably Forecasts.

What's in the current Forecast and Plan for 2018/19 ?

Last info I’ve seen is for June so before most transfer movements and before forecast for next season had been done. Not seen anything more recent.

Which is why I can only comment on what I’ve seen and I’m not prepared to speculate or extrapolate about anything subsequent to that. However much people don’t like it.
No loans coming in? on 19:41 - Aug 30 with 1408 viewsswan65split

I am away working, just heard the snippet in the news about Potters conference.

Only thing I have to say is the Silence is deafening from the Owners/HJ

Fingers double crossed, going to exciting or nerve wracking.

get behind the youngsters, get stuck into the Twots!
No loans coming in? on 19:42 - Aug 30 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

No loans coming in? on 19:37 - Aug 30 by TheResurrection

Come on Lisa, where are you?? You don't need to send some silly whatsapp messages to ask if you can tell us some news.

Just get on with it?!!

I’m not even on whatsapp Chris.

I am, however, on holiday with my family, so do me a favour and stop being such a prat.
No loans coming in? on 19:44 - Aug 30 with 1370 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 19:35 - Aug 30 by Thornburyswan

5PM tomorrow, so 21 hours & 25 mins for Huw not to do anything!

Huw struggles with getting one over the line on the last day, no way will we see anymore than one tomorrow.....more likely none.

Will put all our eggs in getting rid of players first that it will be too late in the day to get any in.

I just hope Potter gets the best out of what he gas and there are no injuries.

No loans coming in? on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 1347 viewsmagicdaps10

No loans coming in? on 19:42 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

I am, however, on holiday with my family, so do me a favour and stop being such a prat.

Chris Pratt

No loans coming in? on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 1348 viewsFlashberryjack

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No loans coming in? on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 1346 viewsDarran

A vibrant brand of football my arse.

I’ll be honest here,when my kids were young and they’d say we didn’t deserve to win or didn’t deserve to draw on our way home from a game I’d put them right in the picture.
I’ll give you two examples.
If one of my kids had said we didn’t deserve three points against Preston on their second half showing I’d ask them how many goals Preston had scored then I’d ask them how many goals we had scored.

If one of my kids had said we didn’t deserve a point against Birmingham I’d ask them how many goals Birmingham had scored then I’d ask them how many goals we had scored.

But vibrant? Fuçking hell your getting scarier by the day. We all support the same team but some of us are honest and some are just downright deluded.

How many more times do you have to be wrong before you realise we are in a massive mess?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No loans coming in? on 19:48 - Aug 30 with 1329 viewsTheResurrection

No loans coming in? on 19:42 - Aug 30 by londonlisa2001

So you managed to find time to slag the Club off but all of a sudden it's just a bit much to put the hysterical fans right about their outlandish claims of asset stripping.

Now can you stop being a bloody madam and start a regular thread and communicate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024