Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Winston Lineker 19:05 - Mar 9 with 16529 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Lineker ?
Opinions please.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:26 - Mar 14 with 1303 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:53 - Mar 14 by waynekerr55

We had thw ability pre referendum to send EU migrants back after 3 months if they could not sustain themselves. The austerity years resulted in a choice being made to keep EU migrants on the sausage roll as it was cheaper than a fully staffed border force.

Ironically apprenticeship starts are also down across the piste too and once again the option of scapegoating migrants is chosen over dealing with the real issues. Decades of policy failure have led us here

We are out of the EU, whether you/I like it or not, and you and others can bleat about it as much as you like.

The question is, how do we stop illegal immigrants now, or should we do a Lineker and just let them in ?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:28]

Hello

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:27 - Mar 14 with 1299 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 17:51 - Mar 14 by Boundy

Extension of free movement is happening now with selected skilled workers coming into the UK to fill employment gaps" I note the operative word you use " selected" so a form of vetting has taken place which allows individuals to settle and work here as opposed to non selection which is the case now for many.
Regarding your comment about detention centres > I'm sure the owners of the Copthorne hotel in Cardiff for example would be pleased to hear you call it that .

67 million people in the UK, where's this pressure My local surgery as many others cannot cope with the increased work load right now , dentists not taking on new patients etc , the lack of accommodation , class sizes have never been bigger , social services overwhelmed etc
I'm all for immigration but it has to be controlled so its doesn't have a negative affect on society and why should it , it should never be a race to the bottom

It is for economic migrants.

We know that economic migrants are a net fiscal winner - they generate more money than they take out so support the system.

Those areas of pressure you mention, hospitals, schools, dentists, social services etc are staffed to a significant degree by migrants so again, support the system.

If you want to look at who is draining and putting pressure on the system, look at the million odd unemployed of our own. White disadvantaged British have poor health outcomes, cost a fortune in social care involvements, almost exclusively worst performing across all levels at school.

The irony is if it’s Maths, Physics, or Languages it’s probably a migrant teaching them.
Gary Winston Lineker on 19:30 - Mar 14 with 1281 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 15:47 - Mar 14 by Wingstandwood

Fictitious?

That’s not an example as was asked for of a leftist WOKEY advocating uncontrolled imitation.

That’s that infantile argument saying if you don’t take in a Ukrainian you can support the cause.

Have you ever donated to Barnados? Why didn’t you adopt and orphan?

You and Killy are becoming two sides of the same coin.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:32]
Gary Winston Lineker on 19:44 - Mar 14 with 1240 viewsWingstandwood

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:30 - Mar 14 by Gwyn737

That’s not an example as was asked for of a leftist WOKEY advocating uncontrolled imitation.

That’s that infantile argument saying if you don’t take in a Ukrainian you can support the cause.

Have you ever donated to Barnados? Why didn’t you adopt and orphan?

You and Killy are becoming two sides of the same coin.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:32]

QUOTE: "Reject any immigration system based on incomes, migrants’ utility to business, and NUMBER CAPS/targets."

Rejecting number caps looks darn uncontrolled imo!

https://labourlist.org/2019/09/labour-conference-approves-motion-to-extend-free-

Argus!

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 1222 viewsGwyn737

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:44 - Mar 14 by Wingstandwood

QUOTE: "Reject any immigration system based on incomes, migrants’ utility to business, and NUMBER CAPS/targets."

Rejecting number caps looks darn uncontrolled imo!

https://labourlist.org/2019/09/labour-conference-approves-motion-to-extend-free-

Difficult to cap numbers when you don’t know what arrangements have been made with other countries.

Again, that’s from 2019. Labour under Corbyn. Totally rejected. Also in conference silly season so didn’t even make it into a manifesto.

Nothing better than that? Is this it?

Do you think you may be in a culture war with a fictitious foe?

Good to see you’re still finishing posts with emojis a la Killy.
Gary Winston Lineker on 20:03 - Mar 14 with 1220 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:07 - Mar 14 by Boundy

I'm glad you reminded us that decades of policy failure by both parties has been the cause of where we find ourselves today , Blair's tenure was a social disaster ,whole enclaves formed because too many were allowed to settle here without a structured integration policy ,another political party making use of the plight of innocents just to retain power , nice Mr Blair I think ill vote for him etc

I think you make a point worth discussing. Labour's biggest error was not proceeding will a full throttle Leveson 2. That said, electoral change is needed and perhaps the cluster!@£ of the past decade will help us with this

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:26 - Mar 14 with 1195 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:26 - Mar 14 by Flashberryjack

We are out of the EU, whether you/I like it or not, and you and others can bleat about it as much as you like.

The question is, how do we stop illegal immigrants now, or should we do a Lineker and just let them in ?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 19:28]

It's not bleating it's proving my point. Decades of policy failure and scapegoating have led us here.

And it's a simple solution. Cut out the people traffickers and have safe routes of entry. Properly staff borderforce and cancel the crony contracts with Serco, G4S, Mitie et al. That will be cheaper than bunging people in hotels. Then again that won't provide a topic for a culture war. Lee Anderson said so himself. They can't fight an election on any policy achievement as they've broken everything they've touched.

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:32 - Mar 14 with 1193 viewsSullutaCreturned

You know, we can argue about who is better or worse but don't most of us know that the real truth is for the last 50 years bith party's are guilty of incompetence, negligence, self serving greed and stupidity

We are in this position because of both Labour and Tory, not just because of the tories.

The change we need will not happen because both party's existence as they are right now depends on the status quo. Neither party will make the changes needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:45 - Mar 14 with 1171 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:26 - Mar 14 by waynekerr55

It's not bleating it's proving my point. Decades of policy failure and scapegoating have led us here.

And it's a simple solution. Cut out the people traffickers and have safe routes of entry. Properly staff borderforce and cancel the crony contracts with Serco, G4S, Mitie et al. That will be cheaper than bunging people in hotels. Then again that won't provide a topic for a culture war. Lee Anderson said so himself. They can't fight an election on any policy achievement as they've broken everything they've touched.

Come on mate, you haven't stopped bleating since the brexit vote.

And how do you achieve the solution of cutting out the people traffickers ?

Hello

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:53 - Mar 14 with 1158 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:45 - Mar 14 by Flashberryjack

Come on mate, you haven't stopped bleating since the brexit vote.

And how do you achieve the solution of cutting out the people traffickers ?

Really? When have I bleated?

And to stop the trafficking interpol will know who these are.

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:22 - Mar 14 with 1131 viewsmajorraglan

Gary Winston Lineker on 13:07 - Mar 14 by Wingstandwood

Who? The many WOKE lefty loons out there who cannot even understand the most basic common sense, critical thinking and junior school level maths that goes along the lines of e.g. "you cannot pour a pint into a half pint glass" or "you cannot put twenty people into a taxi cab".

BTW I warned on here about what would happen a few years back and was proved 100% correct. Not exactly rocket science or something to brag about, because many millions could predict that also. You would have to be seriously thick or politically warped not to foresee the upcoming case of "the bleeding bloody obvious".

Basic common sense seen in engineering e.g. load (weight) bearing capacity.....Military/Brigade H.Q forward planning e.g. logistical supply and accommodation to facilitate/sustain a deployment.....Big business e.g. balancing the figures and having a supply chain to equal demand.

You see its bleeding bloody obvious that soon, there will not be enough hotels left to house unsustainable numbers in a country where the population has increased by the equivalent of FORTY SWANSEA sized populations. Where are they going to go then?

Year 2,000 U.K population 58,890,000 year 2023 U.K population 68,843,000. By the end of the year it'll be over TEN MILLION!!!!! Happened under Labour and Tories!

Many want unlimited numbers of incomers and for it to be applicable to anyone and everyone from overseas, despite the fact that there will be nowhere to put them and when hotel availability runs dry. Oh and they do not even want processing. FFS seriously!!!!

QUOTE: "On its final day, Labour conference has approved a radical policy motion advocating the extension of free movement, the closure of all detention centres and the awarding of equal voting rights to all UK residents."

I was referring to posters on here who were advocating leaving all and sundry in.

You mention woke lefty loons, there’s plenty of captains of industry who want to lift the lid on immigration for relatively unskilled low paid jobs. We’ve got plenty of people in this country who deliberately make benefits a career choice and others who loved to be up skilled to get a better job.
Immigration last year was the highest it’s ever been - even exceeding the EU freedom of movement years. Leaving the EU has made it harder to deport/ “export” immigrants.

Immigration needs to be managed effectively and controlled, we need to have a sensible system which delivers for the country and those looking to come here.

We’ve not built enough houses, not invested in schools, doctors, hospitals, infrastructure such as roads, water and sewerage, energy generation and so on. We’ve also failed to invest in developing an effective Border Force to process applications and take action against those whose continued presence is declined.
Gary Winston Lineker on 21:43 - Mar 14 with 1112 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:53 - Mar 14 by waynekerr55

Really? When have I bleated?

And to stop the trafficking interpol will know who these are.

So you haven't moaned about brexit on here before, yeah.

Hello

Gary Winston Lineker on 07:31 - Mar 15 with 1043 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:43 - Mar 14 by Flashberryjack

Oh yeah back in the day, faur point. I wouldn't call this thread bleating but I was definitely guilty back in the day 👍

Gary Winston Lineker on 19:48 - Mar 16 with 925 viewsKilkennyjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:43 - Mar 14 by Flashberryjack

Well of course, its a really really stupid idea.

It will never work.
It can never work.

People were lied to.
The liars need jail time.

Here is Mogg ….

Liar. But the truth outs in the end.

Beware of the Risen People

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:55 - Mar 16 with 887 viewsReslovenSwan1

Gary Winston Lineker on 20:26 - Mar 14 by waynekerr55

Let the predominantly male immigrant earn their supper. Offer three year contacts to join the British army and automatic residency for all those that complete the contact including conflict if required. This may appeal to some. Drivers, mechanic cooks etc. If it was me I would take it in a shot. In this way costs of looking after immigrant would be offset from the defence budget.

Farm work, fruit collecting other virtuous activity would gain points and a fast track to residency. If you help Nation the nation will help you being the mantra. Not come here for a free lunch.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:25 - Mar 17 with 811 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:55 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Let the predominantly male immigrant earn their supper. Offer three year contacts to join the British army and automatic residency for all those that complete the contact including conflict if required. This may appeal to some. Drivers, mechanic cooks etc. If it was me I would take it in a shot. In this way costs of looking after immigrant would be offset from the defence budget.

Farm work, fruit collecting other virtuous activity would gain points and a fast track to residency. If you help Nation the nation will help you being the mantra. Not come here for a free lunch.

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. I was just saying we need ro properly staff the border force and actually bleeding process applications. Open up legal routes and we cut off most of the boats.

Ask yourself why the Tories aren't doing that.

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:30 - Mar 17 with 804 viewsonehunglow

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:55 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

So you would accept men into jobs including the military without knowing their backgrounds

Wow

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:42 - Mar 17 with 789 viewsFlashberryjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:25 - Mar 17 by waynekerr55

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. I was just saying we need ro properly staff the border force and actually bleeding process applications. Open up legal routes and we cut off most of the boats.

Ask yourself why the Tories aren't doing that.

So what would you suggest happens to immigrants if their application fails after entering the country illegally ?

As for border staff, you can have as many as you like in the channel, all they are doing is picking them up and dropping them off in Dover, and with a combination of ECHR and human rights lawyers it's become almost impossible to deport them.

Hello

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:32 - Mar 17 with 739 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 18:42 - Mar 17 by Flashberryjack

So what would you suggest happens to immigrants if their application fails after entering the country illegally ?

As for border staff, you can have as many as you like in the channel, all they are doing is picking them up and dropping them off in Dover, and with a combination of ECHR and human rights lawyers it's become almost impossible to deport them.

The border force process the applications. If they aren't granted asylum they're deported. Something like 1% of applications have been processed in the past year.

If due process was being followed, there would be no basis on which the ECHR could force people to stay here. That's what needs to be dealt with. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than putting people up in hotels.

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:54 - Mar 17 with 730 viewsonehunglow

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:32 - Mar 17 by waynekerr55

The border force process the applications. If they aren't granted asylum they're deported. Something like 1% of applications have been processed in the past year.

If due process was being followed, there would be no basis on which the ECHR could force people to stay here. That's what needs to be dealt with. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than putting people up in hotels.

Quite why some posters are beastly to you,beats me.

I believe brexit was catastrophic and said so. I whinged and whined for sure in the same way that others do over such mundane matters .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gary Winston Lineker on 11:21 - Mar 18 with 656 viewswaynekerr55

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:54 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Quite why some posters are beastly to you,beats me.

I believe brexit was catastrophic and said so. I whinged and whined for sure in the same way that others do over such mundane matters .

Au contraire, I don't think anyone has been beastly. There's so much information swilling around no wonder most people don't know what's going on.

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:56 - Mar 30 with 530 viewsGwyn737

I see nobody has mentioned Lineker being exonerated around his tax affairs in a blow to Venn diagram of people who dislike celebrities with opinions, want migrant boats sunk in the channel and prefer MOTD with no pundits or commentary.
Gary Winston Lineker on 22:11 - Mar 30 with 517 viewsDr_Parnassus

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:56 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

I see nobody has mentioned Lineker being exonerated around his tax affairs in a blow to Venn diagram of people who dislike celebrities with opinions, want migrant boats sunk in the channel and prefer MOTD with no pundits or commentary.

Same could be said about Trumps taxes, strange you never mentioned them.

In a blow to pink haired, thousand gender supporting people who want everyone to think the same as their crazy doctrine or support their castigating from society or even murdered if recent reports are to be taken into account.

For someone who claims to be a teacher, your one eyed approach to life is scary. You should be supporting an open dialogue to exchange views instead of promoting your rubbish on here.

And after all that is said - Lineker is still a hypocritical moron, complaining from his ivory tower despite showing the levels of knowledge and understanding of a topic akin to festering Forest toadstool.

If that offends… tough I guess.

https://unherd.com/thepost/gary-lineker-doesnt-understand-the-holocaust/

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Gary Winston Lineker on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 516 viewsKilkennyjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 21:56 - Mar 30 by Gwyn737

Tidy post that …. 🧨

Gary Winston Lineker on 22:16 - Mar 30 with 515 viewsKilkennyjack

Gary Winston Lineker on 22:11 - Mar 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Same could be said about Trumps taxes, strange you never mentioned them.

In a blow to pink haired, thousand gender supporting people who want everyone to think the same as their crazy doctrine or support their castigating from society or even murdered if recent reports are to be taken into account.

For someone who claims to be a teacher, your one eyed approach to life is scary. You should be supporting an open dialogue to exchange views instead of promoting your rubbish on here.

And after all that is said - Lineker is still a hypocritical moron, complaining from his ivory tower despite showing the levels of knowledge and understanding of a topic akin to festering Forest toadstool.

If that offends… tough I guess.

https://unherd.com/thepost/gary-lineker-doesnt-understand-the-holocaust/

You misspelled Johnson in your post ….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024