Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning 21:30 - Aug 30 with 5908 views_

What can we say....

The evidence is there; we're 9 out of 9 and this is the first time since 1923 that we've won our first 4 games, Carling Cup taken into consideration.

I thought we were superb from the off today; it was hard to justify otherwise with Nathan Dyer being put through by Siggy just after the minute mark. Ok, Nath isn't the best finisher in the "group" as evidenced by his 2nd but that bucked the trend completely. You don't put them bye better than that!!

Then we looked liked we were going to drop a big howitzer on them as the next few minutes were akin to T2C ridiculing Teabag Prosser, Queen Dickcock and Tony Sanctimony Twenty Five Bellies... Bit alas that was not to be...

Scoring so early meant we had the momentum (and arguably a bit of luck with their slip for our first goal) it also meant we had to play our way back into the game after the euphoria any 2nd minute goal would give you.

This was ok for the first 10 or so minutes afterwards, we were still buzzing from the goal. But then they started applying the same sort of pressure Burnley did last week and we were resorting to long, Hollywood passes from our midfield duo.

This was alarming in the main until for whatever reason, Monk hopefully, or perhaps Rangel, who was absolutely legendary today in his majestic performance, started to play the ball back; sideways, along the front of midfield and just in front of their first line of defence.

This.... This was the tipping point of the game.

That 20 or 30 pass move ended up with a cross in the box which was cleared only to JJS, who in turn crossed it over for Bony, where on the basis of a challenge from the header ended up with Wayne Routledge, who let's face it won't score many better.

That little episode in the game set us up for what came after.

There's no getting away from the fact we've probably played the bottom 5 until now, but that means nothing. These 9 points will mean so much for us in maintaining our EPL position and being ready to go again for a 5th consecutive season.

Tell me this...

How have we become so much better than a good, at least, 7 to 10 established Premier League clubs?

That, has a lot to do with our Board - Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in particular. It's times like today that make you think just that...

There's tougher times ahead, but on the pi55 tonight, I can't help feeling like that.

Up the Jacks....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:38]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:34 - Aug 30 with 2908 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Have to say that Gylfi was far superior to anyone else on the pitch today. I initially didn't want him back but I think he's now at least twice the player he was when he left here. Absolutely brilliant

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 2861 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:40 - Aug 30 with 2815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:38 - Aug 30 by Darran

I think you're making a bit of a tw*t of yourself now Darran. Turn it in there's a good lad

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 2777 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:40 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're making a bit of a tw*t of yourself now Darran. Turn it in there's a good lad

This is the question?

Would any of the posters who had concerns take so much pleasure as this lazy layabout if things went pear shaped?

I can only imagine dicks like that would have fallen by the wayside many, many, MANY times before with the sh 1 t we've been used to watching...

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:44 - Aug 30 with 2766 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:40 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

You've been doing that for months.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:47 - Aug 30 with 2735 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:44 - Aug 30 by Darran

You've been doing that for months.

You've been doing that ever since you refuse to work but spend a good 8 plus working hours on a data entry site like this. Can you imagine what an employer would give for such 24/7 overtime dedication ??

Shame

Shame

Shame

Don't let Dickcock tell you you can't work.... Embarrassing.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:50]

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:48 - Aug 30 with 2726 viewsHighjack

"Ok, Nath isn't the best finisher in the "group" as evidenced by his 2nd"

It went in.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:49 - Aug 30 with 2710 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:47 - Aug 30 by _

You've been doing that ever since you refuse to work but spend a good 8 plus working hours on a data entry site like this. Can you imagine what an employer would give for such 24/7 overtime dedication ??

Shame

Shame

Shame

Don't let Dickcock tell you you can't work.... Embarrassing.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:50]

Why aren't you out on the piss tonight then?

Login to get fewer ads

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:50 - Aug 30 with 2690 viewsItchySphincter

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:34 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Have to say that Gylfi was far superior to anyone else on the pitch today. I initially didn't want him back but I think he's now at least twice the player he was when he left here. Absolutely brilliant

Fair play Brynnie.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:51 - Aug 30 with 2677 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:48 - Aug 30 by Highjack

"Ok, Nath isn't the best finisher in the "group" as evidenced by his 2nd"

It went in.

So every goal is a good finish?

Debate?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:52 - Aug 30 with 2652 viewsHighjack

He passed it in accurately through the keepers legs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:53 - Aug 30 with 2635 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:51 - Aug 30 by _

Debate?

If it crosses the line yes.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:54 - Aug 30 with 2626 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:52 - Aug 30 by Highjack

He passed it in accurately through the keepers legs.

A good finish then..?

A goal is always a good finish, but there's a difference.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:57 - Aug 30 with 2573 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:34 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Nah, he's the same player, you've just been forced to revise your opinion of him, and the 'came back twice the player' route is a convenient one...

Same for those who state Ki 'developed' whilst slogging it out in a mental Sunderland team as a way to accept he's back and still...as good a footballer as he was when he was here initially...

..or those who claimed Bony 'came good' in the second half of last season...

If Sinclair was to come back and chip in with an inevitable few goals, he will also have come back 'developed..twice the player...' and so on....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:59 - Aug 30 with 2555 viewsCatullus

Now here's the thing, we are all enjoying it and long may it last.

But it's only 4 games. It could go horribly wrong. Hopefully we're sitting here in 6 games still not beaten and over halfway to 40 points!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:59 - Aug 30 with 2551 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:57 - Aug 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Nah, he's the same player, you've just been forced to revise your opinion of him, and the 'came back twice the player' route is a convenient one...

Same for those who state Ki 'developed' whilst slogging it out in a mental Sunderland team as a way to accept he's back and still...as good a footballer as he was when he was here initially...

If Sinclair was to come back and chip in with an inevitable few goals, he will also have come back 'developed..twice the player...' and so on....

He's not going to like that but I agree.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 22:05 - Aug 30 with 2496 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I feel a little treacherous for having a pop at a fellow Brynmill boy (St Albans Rd, born and bred)...

Let's compromise and say Gylfi has come back 1.3 times the player he was last time;)

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 22:19 - Aug 30 with 2424 viewsParlay

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:57 - Aug 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Cant argue with that and thought it myself.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 00:05 - Aug 31 with 2248 viewsDrizzy

Do we really need an essay of cliché-ridden @rsedribble after every game, Chrissy?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 00:10 - Aug 31 with 2232 viewsbluenile

Debate?

Or in your case mass debate.........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:02 - Aug 31 with 2153 viewsSwansNZ

Debate?

That one certainly was.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:19 - Aug 31 with 2108 viewsBanosswan

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:54 - Aug 30 by _

A good finish then..?

A goal is always a good finish, but there's a difference.

Nathan's was a good finish, costa's first for Chelsea was a lucky one. There's the difference.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:38 - Aug 31 with 2085 viewsDavillin

I agree with your post, but I'd add that you might include the fact that Gylfi's skills -- mental and physical -- are far more suited to Swansea's way of playing, the mental and physical skills of his teammates, and the nature of Swansea's team cohesiveness.

I believe also that the same can be said of Ki.

I remember Leon's brief exile in the wilderness of Sheffield, and that he returned to a team where his skills fit perfectly, in the same way.

And all of that is an integral part of the club's philosophy. Thank goddess!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:39 - Aug 31 with 2083 viewsHighjack

LEON did come back from Sheffield with a bad neck after watching the ball sail over his head for the best part of 6 months.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:40 - Aug 31 with 2083 viewsBanosswan

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:38 - Aug 31 by Davillin

I agree with your post, but I'd add that you might include the fact that Gylfi's skills -- mental and physical -- are far more suited to Swansea's way of playing, the mental and physical skills of his teammates, and the nature of Swansea's team cohesiveness.

I believe also that the same can be said of Ki.

I remember Leon's brief exile in the wilderness of Sheffield, and that he returned to a team where his skills fit perfectly, in the same way.

And all of that is an integral part of the club's philosophy. Thank goddess!

Do you think that guns would benefit our style of play in any way?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024