Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is There Intelligent Life Out There 22:33 - Nov 18 with 8532 viewsLord_Bony

Dr. Brian Cox seems to think so...maybe 30 billion earth like inhabitable planets in our galaxy alone...remember there are countless billions of galaxies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0276pxp/human-universe-3-are-we-alone

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 22:57 - Nov 18 with 2761 viewsParlay

Id say with certainty that there is.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:02 - Nov 18 with 2751 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This is incredible stuff

So it's a big yes from me .

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-universe-is-scary?s=mobile

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:09 - Nov 18 with 2748 viewsacejack3065

I I'd wager that we aren't alone but the Universe is so mind-bendingly large the chances of us encountering that life are almost impossible.

I love Brian Cox documentaries but his voice starts to grate on me after about half an hour. The stuff he does with Dara O'Brien is pretty good too.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:19 - Nov 18 with 2732 viewsLord_Bony

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:09 - Nov 18 by acejack3065

I I'd wager that we aren't alone but the Universe is so mind-bendingly large the chances of us encountering that life are almost impossible.

I love Brian Cox documentaries but his voice starts to grate on me after about half an hour. The stuff he does with Dara O'Brien is pretty good too.

Yes but you're thinking of space travel in present conventional terms.

There is a great deal that science is only just beginning to understand,including many plausible theories that vast distances can be covered in a short time.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:24 - Nov 18 with 2728 viewscentrestandswan

the bigger question is ,Is there Intelligent Life on Planet Swans.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:32 - Nov 18 with 2718 viewsBanosswan

If 45 miles can evolve things known as Cardiff supporters, think what 45 billion miles could do. Actually, following that regression equation wouldn't be good.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:38 - Nov 18 with 2712 viewsmacthejack

It's basically mathematically certain that there is some sort of life out there in the universe.
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:18 - Nov 19 with 2669 viewsChippy69

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:19 - Nov 18 by Lord_Bony

Yes but you're thinking of space travel in present conventional terms.

There is a great deal that science is only just beginning to understand,including many plausible theories that vast distances can be covered in a short time.

FFS and you had the fu cking front to call me boring,you wa nker
stay off the pc and go and watch star wars you simple c unt

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Login to get fewer ads

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:22 - Nov 19 with 2661 viewsskippyjack

Obviously life is out there.. there is a 1 in centillion chance we're the only planet with oxygen.. so it's a long shot that we're the only ones.. anyone who believes there isn't is deluded.. the bookies always win mun.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:23 - Nov 19 with 2660 viewsParlay

Just because we have only just managed to get to space in the last century, doesnt mean other life in other places have only just done it. Humans tend to think in terms of what they know, for example in this thread "the chances of us encountering it is slim".

A twin planet in another solar system may have beings that are billions of years further down the developmental road than we are, their planet may be billions of years older than ours and if evolution is true on other planets as it is on ours then the stuff they could do would probably boggle our minds.

We have only gone to space in the last century. Other life forms may have done it millions of years ago.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:28 - Nov 19 with 2650 viewsJackfath

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:23 - Nov 19 by Parlay

Just because we have only just managed to get to space in the last century, doesnt mean other life in other places have only just done it. Humans tend to think in terms of what they know, for example in this thread "the chances of us encountering it is slim".

A twin planet in another solar system may have beings that are billions of years further down the developmental road than we are, their planet may be billions of years older than ours and if evolution is true on other planets as it is on ours then the stuff they could do would probably boggle our minds.

We have only gone to space in the last century. Other life forms may have done it millions of years ago.

But if they went into space years ago, why haven't they visited us?

Or perhaps they have.....

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:37 - Nov 19 with 2644 viewsdameedna

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 23:38 - Nov 18 by macthejack

It's basically mathematically certain that there is some sort of life out there in the universe.

It is mathematically certain that at some point everything will happen but it won't because it is equally certain that nothing will happen
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:48 - Nov 19 with 2638 viewsClydachjack

Greys, Zeta Reticule, majestic 12, The Greada Treaty..
Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:54 - Nov 19 with 2635 viewsParlay

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 00:28 - Nov 19 by Jackfath

But if they went into space years ago, why haven't they visited us?

Or perhaps they have.....

We as humans have been here for circa 195,000 years. Our universe is 13.8 BILLION years old. Meaning that 99.99999999% of the universe's lifespan happened before humans came along. We have no idea what has gone on prior and barely know whats going on now. We may well have been visited by other life forms.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:02 - Nov 19 with 2610 viewsHighjack

I saw that documentary and he seemed to say that it's almost certain there is life out there, but he also said that complex, intelligent life is very very uncommon or even unlikely. This is based on the fact that all complex organisms came from the chance freak coming together of two types of bacteria that sort of ingested each other but somehow survived, and went on to multiply into multi cell organisms. This has only happened once in 5 billion years that the Earth has been here. He also went on to say about the 'evolutionary bottlenecks' that benefitted us that were unlikely to happen elsewhere.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:03 - Nov 19 with 2607 viewsHighjack

He also said things can only get better, so don't rule anything out yet.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:09 - Nov 19 with 2604 viewsMrSwan

Think we could do with a bit of help from them if there is they can show Richard Branson how to make a proper space shuttle.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:38 - Nov 19 with 2596 viewsParlay

The scale of stuff out there is just beyond comprehension. We are one galaxy of millions, each galaxy having its own set of planets.

You could fit 1.3 million earths into our sun for example - thats ridiculous to think.... Yet there is a sun that is 100 million times bigger than our sun. Just nuts. And that is only of what we know which is pretty limited.

There are more stars in space than there are of grains of sand on every single beach on earth.

Forum celebrity

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 07:39 - Nov 19 with 2535 viewsShonky

As Parlay said, Humans tend to think in terms of what they know, as they would, and also tend to assume that they are intelligent enough to comprehend the complexities of the universe, as they have to to avoid utter desolation, when that may not be the case.
We are like fleas on a dogs a-hole arguing about what colour the dogs eyes are.

Its just a ride...

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 07:39 - Nov 19 with 2534 viewsepaul

They should build a stargate

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 08:01 - Nov 19 with 2525 viewsmonmouth

Give it another few days and you'll all be pining nostalgically for the accounting thread.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 08:07 - Nov 19 with 2520 viewsPonderosa

Hasn't everyone seen ET?

And we're still f*cking debating this??????

Bring The Missus

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 09:04 - Nov 19 with 2485 viewsepaul

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 08:07 - Nov 19 by Ponderosa

Hasn't everyone seen ET?

And we're still f*cking debating this??????

or the clangers

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 09:28 - Nov 19 with 2466 viewsWolfie

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 02:03 - Nov 19 by Highjack

He also said things can only get better, so don't rule anything out yet.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 09:34 - Nov 19 with 2460 viewsWarwickHunt

Is There Intelligent Life Out There on 08:01 - Nov 19 by monmouth

Give it another few days and you'll all be pining nostalgically for the accounting thread.

The accountancy thread is positively bursting with sexual tension.

This one is like eavesdropping on stoned sixth formers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024