Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Shelvey conundrum 19:24 - Dec 14 with 12026 viewsParlay

As most on here may know, there has been a great debate about the intelligence of Shelvey letting his game down and contributing to him not getting a starting berth. Apparently according to one or two, that opinion of him is wrong.

Today opitomised exactly that for me. He came on and pinged some superb long passes around the park and then undid it with a complete brainless moment where he dropped deep to pick up the ball, so deep he was actually now the last line of defence, plenty of safe areas and open payers to pass to and he tries to beat the striker?! Needless to say he lost the ball and was now a one on one situation and having then to chase back, even then, he dived in from behind and almost gave away a penalty (and certain red card)?!

Space left, space right and even space in behind the defence to Bony.

Superbly naturally talented player but one of the most thoughtless players out there. This is why Monk cannot trust him with a starting berth at present.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 19:26]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:26 - Dec 14 with 4557 viewsJackfath

He made a darting run at one point. Ki didn't pick him out. We lost the ball. Did he break his balls to get back to try to win it? No, he walked, and I mean walked back.

Switches off too often I am afraid. If he could get himself to concentrate on what's what he'd be a super player.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:27 - Dec 14 with 4546 viewsBloodyhills

From sublime to the stupid. I still think though that last season he was our best chance of creating something.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:28 - Dec 14 with 4544 viewsmidswan

Cant argue with any of that.
The Shelvey conundrum on 19:28 - Dec 14 with 4528 viewsGeoffThom

He's not our problem the fullback position is it's our Achilles heel
The Shelvey conundrum on 19:35 - Dec 14 with 4497 viewsicecoldjack

Fair points but surely most of us know that Shelvey is an asset further forward not deep laying?

Jonjo can play every week if Ki or leon sits deep, we all know he doesn't have the self control to play that position, not many do in fairness!

Its why i didnt quite understand leon going off after 55 mins, surely it would have been better for jonjo to start and leon come on to control things later on? or if leon was fit to start then maybe he should have stayed on longer ?

I do begin to wonder if Monk is putting on the likes of Gomis and Shelvey to try and keep them happy as opposed to winning us a game of football tactically.

It made no sense to sub our best defender in Bony when the game was tight and only 6 mins left, Gomis could not have offered us anything at that point, especially not holding it up or clearing headers, didnt make sense.

Is somebody going to write a letter to Garry this week i wonder...
The Shelvey conundrum on 19:38 - Dec 14 with 4467 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Keep knocking JJS .

He will sign another contract soon .

Fu ckin dreadful thread.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:40 - Dec 14 with 4455 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:28 - Dec 14 by GeoffThom

He's not our problem the fullback position is it's our Achilles heel

Oh im not saying he is our problem. I agree our fullbacks are a big part of our defensive lapses.

This thread is just confirming why Shelvey cannot be trusted with a starting berth. As someone said, he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. He just doesn't seem to think... Ever. Or when he does its for 5 mins here and 5 mins there.

He is the most frustrating player we have had id say. So talented but so so brainless.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 4428 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:38 - Dec 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Keep knocking JJS .

Fu ckin dreadful thread.

You disagree then?

By all means, give a counter.

( i hope he does sign a new contract by the way)
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 19:42]

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 4425 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm not convinced we have the right balance in midfield when both Ki and Leon play, particularly at home. Neither gets forward enough and Siggy gets crowded out easily. Both players ' natural instinct is to sit back. Ki is trying to get forward more but Leon gets a nosebleed when he crosses the half way line.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:05 - Dec 14 with 4336 viewsfootball2301

Here we go again p. Rick
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:06 - Dec 14 with 4323 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:38 - Dec 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Keep knocking JJS .

Fu ckin dreadful thread.

He won't
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:07 - Dec 14 with 4317 viewsParlay

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:05 - Dec 14 by football2301

Here we go again p. Rick

Same goes for you mr angry, by all means tell us why we didnt see what we clearly saw. Or why this is a one off and doesnt happen regularly contrary again.. To what we see.

Forum celebrity

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:10 - Dec 14 with 4293 viewsDr_Winston

The Shelvey conundrum on 19:42 - Dec 14 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm not convinced we have the right balance in midfield when both Ki and Leon play, particularly at home. Neither gets forward enough and Siggy gets crowded out easily. Both players ' natural instinct is to sit back. Ki is trying to get forward more but Leon gets a nosebleed when he crosses the half way line.

When all are on their game then our strongest midfield for me is Ki, Shelvey and Sigurdsson. That's not a slight on Leon who has been and always will be a legend (not a term I use lightly) here, but that trio offers more IMO. Ki has been massively impressive so far this season and has done a lot to make me rethink my opinion.

Mind you, when Shelvey's off his game almost anyone would be better in there. That's why I'd like to see us add to the midfield.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:12 - Dec 14 with 4278 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:07 - Dec 14 by Parlay

Same goes for you mr angry, by all means tell us why we didnt see what we clearly saw. Or why this is a one off and doesnt happen regularly contrary again.. To what we see.

P rick
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:14 - Dec 14 with 4251 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:10 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

When all are on their game then our strongest midfield for me is Ki, Shelvey and Sigurdsson. That's not a slight on Leon who has been and always will be a legend (not a term I use lightly) here, but that trio offers more IMO. Ki has been massively impressive so far this season and has done a lot to make me rethink my opinion.

Mind you, when Shelvey's off his game almost anyone would be better in there. That's why I'd like to see us add to the midfield.

Another c nt Briton is finished you moron
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:16 - Dec 14 with 4224 viewsOldjack

Jon Jo raises heartbeats one way or another, he should have started today ,we don't need two defensive mid-fielders ,I blame Monks

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:19 - Dec 14 with 4214 viewsC_jack

A lack of consistency is not a lack of capability.

You've said yourself, he made superb passes, that is evident he has the intelligence, he can either have it, or not, make your mind up (or edit your post)

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:22 - Dec 14 with 4191 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

JJS is off in January apparently. Doesn't want to be here.
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:24 - Dec 14 with 4162 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:22 - Dec 14 by OhRobbieRobbie

JJS is off in January apparently. Doesn't want to be here.

Hahahahaha another idiot knows nothing
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:25 - Dec 14 with 4149 viewsIslander

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:14 - Dec 14 by football2301

Another c nt Briton is finished you moron

"are u shelvey in disguise?"
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:26 - Dec 14 with 4134 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:24 - Dec 14 by football2301

Hahahahaha another idiot knows nothing

Idiot?!

I said 'apparently' as I heard it today from a source inside the club. I don't pretend to know anything more or less, just saying what I heard this morning, so button it before I teach you some manners.
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:26 - Dec 14 with 4130 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:25 - Dec 14 by Islander

"are u shelvey in disguise?"

Yes how did you guess
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:28 - Dec 14 with 4109 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:26 - Dec 14 by OhRobbieRobbie

Idiot?!

I said 'apparently' as I heard it today from a source inside the club. I don't pretend to know anything more or less, just saying what I heard this morning, so button it before I teach you some manners.

What source ? You've made a statement now back it up
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:29 - Dec 14 with 4090 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:28 - Dec 14 by football2301

What source ? You've made a statement now back it up

A member of the coaching staff. I don't even know his name.
The Shelvey conundrum on 20:31 - Dec 14 with 4073 viewsfootball2301

The Shelvey conundrum on 20:29 - Dec 14 by OhRobbieRobbie

A member of the coaching staff. I don't even know his name.

Ol rite ok fair enough it's not true
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024