Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English 'yobs' 07:18 - Jun 13 with 8979 viewscaerleon_jack

I used to work with a guy that follows England all over the world. Hasn't missed a game in about 20 years, home or away. I'm still in contact with him through Facebook and his posts over the last 24 hours have been quite interesting. He is a sensible and honest lad, and I would trust what he says implicitly.

The violence that has taken place over the last few days has been planned and organised by Russian gangs, Marsaille ultras and local yobs. They have generally been 'tooled up' and have more often than not targeted groups of England fans that include families who are out eating in local cafes and restaurants. There is no denial that there has not been retaliation from England fans, but the general chain of events is as follows.

Scumbags turn up and attack England fans. England fans react and retaliate. Meanwhile, French police who have watched the attackers congregate and prepare, allow the fighting to begin before showering everyone with tear gas, followed by water cannons. At this point the majority of the attackers run away and the England fans are left with all the chaos around them to shoulder the blame. Of course, the issue with tear gas is that it affects anyone in the vicinity, not just those fighting, so the amount of innocent bystanders (French/English/whoever) who have been left with stinging eyes and difficulty breathing is disgusting, and amongst these are plenty of women and children.

The England fans themselves are incredibly disappointed with the way this has been reported by the English media, they feel that it has been totally misrepresented and that a lot of the good work that has gone on to restore their reputation since Euro 2000 is being destroyed, not just by a local police force who are not interested in protecting them from organised violence, but by a British media that is not presenting the truth.

Be as cynical as you want, but I trust this guy to be telling the truth, and what seems to be happening to the 99% of England fans who are just trying to enjoy this football tournament is disgraceful.

Insert something witty here

English 'yobs' on 07:32 - Jun 13 with 7322 viewsCooperman

He must have stayed in with a good book on Thursday and Friday night then.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

English 'yobs' on 07:34 - Jun 13 with 7318 viewspencoedjack

In the video footage I just watched I saw English fans throwing bottles at the police before the Russians turned up.

They then went to confront the Russians before they got battered.

Are all these English fans scousers playing the victim card ?
English 'yobs' on 08:19 - Jun 13 with 7186 viewsKingsclere_Jack

I am English and was in Marseille and that post is fairly accurate. England fans were by no means innocent and I am not defending their behavior. However, there were two completely different levels of trouble in Marseille. Some England fans were generally getting drunk and getting rowdy and they were the ones who had tear gas used on them for a few nights. They were behaving like idiots but nothing too serious. Again, I am not defending them but it is the sort of thing that is easy to avoid if you do not want to be involved with it.
The Russians, however were really looking for trouble. They were sober and organised and were going round attacking people. There was loads of trouble on the way to the ground. The bar we were in watching the Wales game got hit as Russians. were randomly attacking people outside The bar had women and children in it as well as fans from both countries. (Most fans from both England and Russia are here for a good time and to enjoy themsleves just like the Welsh are!) The police did absolutely nothing to stop it except use more tear gas. It was the worst football trouble I have ever seen and there were only six arrests which says a lot.
English 'yobs' on 08:53 - Jun 13 with 7074 viewsLandore_Jack

The French response is to ban alcohol near venues and fan zones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36513700

#backtojack

English 'yobs' on 08:58 - Jun 13 with 7064 viewsPrivate_Partz

English 'yobs' on 07:34 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

In the video footage I just watched I saw English fans throwing bottles at the police before the Russians turned up.

They then went to confront the Russians before they got battered.

Are all these English fans scousers playing the victim card ?

From the video footage? I would sooner listen to people who are there. All reports are saying that the police are nowhere to be seen and just randomly tear gas when it kicks off. In the UK we have worked wonders in preventing football hooliganism. I say UK as it was every bit as bad in Wales as well.
The response of the international media is predictable but for the British media to do the same is inexcusable. There are ten of thousands of English fans out there. There are bound to be a few idiots though many were identified and prevented going in the first place.
On all occasions England fans have been attacked. They did not move out of their compound in the ground. They did not go into the suburbs of Marsaile to attack their ultras nor did they search out and target Russian fans in their areas.
They have been targeted and attacked because of past reputations by yobs looking for a scrap. N Ireland have already had a taste of it and it will not surprise me if Wales do not get the same treatment unless the French security up their game.
That French geezer has a bloody cheek calling for England to be banned when his country and their yobs are very bit as culpable as the Russians.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 9:02]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

English 'yobs' on 09:06 - Jun 13 with 7025 viewsLeonisGod

English 'yobs' on 08:19 - Jun 13 by Kingsclere_Jack

I am English and was in Marseille and that post is fairly accurate. England fans were by no means innocent and I am not defending their behavior. However, there were two completely different levels of trouble in Marseille. Some England fans were generally getting drunk and getting rowdy and they were the ones who had tear gas used on them for a few nights. They were behaving like idiots but nothing too serious. Again, I am not defending them but it is the sort of thing that is easy to avoid if you do not want to be involved with it.
The Russians, however were really looking for trouble. They were sober and organised and were going round attacking people. There was loads of trouble on the way to the ground. The bar we were in watching the Wales game got hit as Russians. were randomly attacking people outside The bar had women and children in it as well as fans from both countries. (Most fans from both England and Russia are here for a good time and to enjoy themsleves just like the Welsh are!) The police did absolutely nothing to stop it except use more tear gas. It was the worst football trouble I have ever seen and there were only six arrests which says a lot.

Informative post thanks. This and the OP paint a picture of 2 different types of violence that people are quick to lump together. Neither are acceptable, but the mindless drunk English idiots and organised Russian gangs are different problems and may well need different approaches to sort out. I can't see how restricting alcohol sales, for example, is going to have any effect on the Russian gangs.
English 'yobs' on 09:16 - Jun 13 with 6997 viewsStarsky

They'll all be voting Brexit now.

It's just the internet, init.

English 'yobs' on 09:18 - Jun 13 with 6985 viewspencoedjack

English 'yobs' on 08:58 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

From the video footage? I would sooner listen to people who are there. All reports are saying that the police are nowhere to be seen and just randomly tear gas when it kicks off. In the UK we have worked wonders in preventing football hooliganism. I say UK as it was every bit as bad in Wales as well.
The response of the international media is predictable but for the British media to do the same is inexcusable. There are ten of thousands of English fans out there. There are bound to be a few idiots though many were identified and prevented going in the first place.
On all occasions England fans have been attacked. They did not move out of their compound in the ground. They did not go into the suburbs of Marsaile to attack their ultras nor did they search out and target Russian fans in their areas.
They have been targeted and attacked because of past reputations by yobs looking for a scrap. N Ireland have already had a taste of it and it will not surprise me if Wales do not get the same treatment unless the French security up their game.
That French geezer has a bloody cheek calling for England to be banned when his country and their yobs are very bit as culpable as the Russians.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 9:02]

That would be the same English fans who set a pub on fire on Thursday night ?

Yes the video footage !!!!! Its OK foe English fans to throw bottles at the french police(who obviously were then) that is just 'drunken rowdy behavior' ?
Login to get fewer ads

English 'yobs' on 09:18 - Jun 13 with 6985 viewsJethroJack

If its the Russians' fault, it'll be interesting to see if there's any bother on Thursday in Lens.
Bordeaux was bloody brilliant 😁
English 'yobs' on 09:27 - Jun 13 with 6947 viewsPrivate_Partz

English 'yobs' on 09:18 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

That would be the same English fans who set a pub on fire on Thursday night ?

Yes the video footage !!!!! Its OK foe English fans to throw bottles at the french police(who obviously were then) that is just 'drunken rowdy behavior' ?

How did the pub get on fire? Have you examples of English fans marching out to attack other fans? Yes they were drinking in their own areas taking over establishments as their own. Very similar to Swans fans around Wembley etc. Listen to the reports of people on the ground and ignore the Daily Mail. As I have said there are bound to be nutters when there are tens of thousands there but decent policing can prevent trouble from the off.
If Russian and French ultras are rampaging all over you and kicking out brutally when the police do nothing but stand behind their riot shields, tear gas and water cannon then trouble is bound to ensue. It is not justifiable but bound to happen never the less.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

English 'yobs' on 09:36 - Jun 13 with 6913 viewsheadcleaner

So let's get this straight those drunken no marks singing about German bombers, hating the French and leaving the EU then throwing bottles at the police were not English? ?? Or is this acceptable 'soft'hooliganism? Sure ok behaviour then whilst taking it to the next level and not just bouncing about amongst the broken glass is a step too far?

Reap what you sew. Imagine this if you can. Leicester Square in london is full of several thousand foreign football fans all singing about hating the English, rejoicing in london being bombed and throwing bottles by the hundred. What would the locals think and how long would it be before the plod and locals stepped in. It certainly wouldn't happen for 3 nights on the trot.

Sure Russian nutters are on the next level but England being innocent victims just doesn't stack up.

Wales fans have some yobs but they didn't rear their ugly heads and behaved with great credit. Why is it always England?
English 'yobs' on 09:39 - Jun 13 with 6903 viewspencoedjack

English 'yobs' on 09:27 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

How did the pub get on fire? Have you examples of English fans marching out to attack other fans? Yes they were drinking in their own areas taking over establishments as their own. Very similar to Swans fans around Wembley etc. Listen to the reports of people on the ground and ignore the Daily Mail. As I have said there are bound to be nutters when there are tens of thousands there but decent policing can prevent trouble from the off.
If Russian and French ultras are rampaging all over you and kicking out brutally when the police do nothing but stand behind their riot shields, tear gas and water cannon then trouble is bound to ensue. It is not justifiable but bound to happen never the less.

The start of that video shows England fans throwing bottles at the French police before any Russians turned up ...... They then confront the Russians before they realise they have bitten off more than they can chew.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 9:41]
English 'yobs' on 09:44 - Jun 13 with 6865 viewsAl_Bundy

Funny how violence has started between large numbers of lads with no club/country colours anywhere to be seen.
English 'yobs' on 09:53 - Jun 13 with 6847 viewsLeonisGod

English 'yobs' on 09:39 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

The start of that video shows England fans throwing bottles at the French police before any Russians turned up ...... They then confront the Russians before they realise they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Jesus wept. What's wrong with people? Should be easy enough to identify plenty in that lot and give them life banning orders from clubs and nation.

Interesting video though; obviously produced with a certain agenda in mind (I'm not denying English fans were being pr1cks and deserve to be dealt with by the authorities, but this is obviously a propaganda video for the Russian gangs).

That encapsulates what others have said - the English were being drunk ar5eholes (lots of posturing from fat middle-aged wannabes, as you see in cities across the UK on the average weekend); the Ruskies were an organised gang with only one thing on their (very small) minds.
English 'yobs' on 09:56 - Jun 13 with 6836 viewsPrivate_Partz

English 'yobs' on 09:39 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

Well the first thing I would say is the video starts with the street already strewn with missiles. It has kicked off long before that. In this country where supporters gather the police monitor the situation and go in and remove chavs causing trouble. Virtually all reports are saying the police are nowhere to be seen. It therfore escalates. Their response then is to stand behind riot shields and fire tear gas and water cannon thereby harming innocent supporters as well.
Then the Russinas arrive...... They just turn up to protect the French police then? Where was the policing to prevent that happening?
A police presence from off and preventative measures to keep rival fans apart, especially when there is history between them and in an area known for violence,then most of this could have been avoided.
The blame for me lies with poor organisation (many on here questioned having Marsaille as a venue for these matches), poor policing and crowd control, the Russion yobs, French ultras and a few hundred English yobs allowed to run riot. To target all English fans against this background is unfair and all football supporters in the UK will be tarnished by this image. A bit of perspective is needed in the reporting and questions asked as to why these incidents were allowed to escalate out of control. It was avoidable.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 9:57]

English 'yobs' on 09:58 - Jun 13 with 6825 viewsraynor94

English 'yobs' on 09:44 - Jun 13 by Al_Bundy

Funny how violence has started between large numbers of lads with no club/country colours anywhere to be seen.

In all fairness, you need to look at the pics from the bars in the old port first day/ night of trouble, Leeds, Exeter and Grimsby large flags hanging, the minority there were looking for trouble from the time they arrived

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

English 'yobs' on 10:07 - Jun 13 with 6793 viewsLeonisGod

English 'yobs' on 09:56 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

Well the first thing I would say is the video starts with the street already strewn with missiles. It has kicked off long before that. In this country where supporters gather the police monitor the situation and go in and remove chavs causing trouble. Virtually all reports are saying the police are nowhere to be seen. It therfore escalates. Their response then is to stand behind riot shields and fire tear gas and water cannon thereby harming innocent supporters as well.
Then the Russinas arrive...... They just turn up to protect the French police then? Where was the policing to prevent that happening?
A police presence from off and preventative measures to keep rival fans apart, especially when there is history between them and in an area known for violence,then most of this could have been avoided.
The blame for me lies with poor organisation (many on here questioned having Marsaille as a venue for these matches), poor policing and crowd control, the Russion yobs, French ultras and a few hundred English yobs allowed to run riot. To target all English fans against this background is unfair and all football supporters in the UK will be tarnished by this image. A bit of perspective is needed in the reporting and questions asked as to why these incidents were allowed to escalate out of control. It was avoidable.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 9:57]

Yep, it's obviously staged.

But then there are obviously beered up English tvvats, behaving like, er tvvats. Whether provoked or not, it's very embarrassing to come from the same island as those half-wits. And we know there was trouble before the Russians came on the scene.

I'd kick out all nations who've been involved in trouble straight away - so England, Russia and France. I'd ban them from Euro club competitions for 3 years and also strip Russia of the World Cup. It would never happen, but unless a hard line is taken against all countries involved in hooliganism, this will never go away.

It's a disgrace. You never see this at the Olympics, rugby tournaments or the cricket. Why does football have to attract complete idiots?
English 'yobs' on 10:10 - Jun 13 with 6780 viewsLandore_Jack

English 'yobs' on 09:58 - Jun 13 by raynor94

In all fairness, you need to look at the pics from the bars in the old port first day/ night of trouble, Leeds, Exeter and Grimsby large flags hanging, the minority there were looking for trouble from the time they arrived

What about the Nice Ultras that attacked Polish and Northern Ireland fans? Both sets of fans were having a great time until these thugs turned up.

#backtojack

English 'yobs' on 10:11 - Jun 13 with 6771 viewspencoedjack

English 'yobs' on 10:07 - Jun 13 by LeonisGod

Yep, it's obviously staged.

But then there are obviously beered up English tvvats, behaving like, er tvvats. Whether provoked or not, it's very embarrassing to come from the same island as those half-wits. And we know there was trouble before the Russians came on the scene.

I'd kick out all nations who've been involved in trouble straight away - so England, Russia and France. I'd ban them from Euro club competitions for 3 years and also strip Russia of the World Cup. It would never happen, but unless a hard line is taken against all countries involved in hooliganism, this will never go away.

It's a disgrace. You never see this at the Olympics, rugby tournaments or the cricket. Why does football have to attract complete idiots?

For private to try to deflect the blame from the English is laughable ....

You are right it wont happen .... I cant imagine many countries fans wanting to travel to the Russia WC after watching these videos.
English 'yobs' on 10:19 - Jun 13 with 6743 viewsraynor94

English 'yobs' on 10:10 - Jun 13 by Landore_Jack

What about the Nice Ultras that attacked Polish and Northern Ireland fans? Both sets of fans were having a great time until these thugs turned up.

Who mentioned Nice? Al made the point about club colours, I just pointed out they were there, the night the English wrecked bars And abused locals, in Marseille

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

English 'yobs' on 10:24 - Jun 13 with 6723 viewsLeonisGod

English 'yobs' on 09:27 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

It wasn't on fire apparently.

"To Sky Sports’ credit, on Saturday morning they sent a reporter to the bar that was “on fire”. There was no fire. No fire damage. And while the barmaid seemed a little shaken, she confirmed nobody had been hurt in the previous night’s incident. The truth then, was a flare was thrown at fans in the bar. That provided the “flaming” backdrop beamed around the world and shared online."

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/06/euro-2016-a-return-to-the-dark-ages-and-th
English 'yobs' on 10:41 - Jun 13 with 6659 viewsHighjack

English 'yobs' on 10:10 - Jun 13 by Landore_Jack

They didn't look very nice to me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

English 'yobs' on 14:55 - Jun 13 with 6426 viewssa3swan

English 'yobs' on 10:41 - Jun 13 by Highjack

They didn't look very nice to me.

Scary stuff. Some Russians were wearing England shirts to blend in.

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/russian-hooligans-savage-organised-england-fans-marseille-euro-2016
English 'yobs' on 16:15 - Jun 13 with 6305 viewsLoyal

English 'yobs' on 14:55 - Jun 13 by sa3swan

Scary stuff. Some Russians were wearing England shirts to blend in.

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/russian-hooligans-savage-organised-england-fans-marseille-euro-2016

Shit reporting.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

English 'yobs' on 16:33 - Jun 13 with 6264 viewsFieryJack

Kingsclere, Caerleon & Private Partz - agree with all you say.

On a side note, I remember being surprised to read - about 20 years ago - some interviews with "hardcore" hooligans from various English club sides (Stoke, Chelsea, Newcastle amongst many others) who, whilst supporting England, would never follow England abroad because they considered their followers to be lightweights on the whole. In fact, they more or less derided their compatriots as being largely middle class & not proper hooligans at all. This makes more sense to me now.

It explains why, for example, the vast majority of England flags that I've seen on display over the years are from such hotbeds of thuggery (joke) as Cheltenham, Basingstoke, Bingley, Broadstairs etc.

Put another way: what do you think would have happened if those Russian fans, at the end of Saturday night's game, instead of wading into seats occupied by mainly affluent, middle class, family-oriented English fans, had instead tried to trespass into an away end full of Liverpool or Leeds or West Ham or Cardiff (pick your own club) fans?

They would, I wager, have met a far more violent reaction, and would have ended up being run back into their own seats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024