Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge signs new Swans contract 10:43 - Jan 26 with 9237 viewsLandore_Jack

Winger pens deal until 2019

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/wayne-routledge-signs-new-swanse

#backtojack

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:44 - Jan 26 with 4259 viewsDr_Winston

Incoming!

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:45 - Jan 26 with 4228 viewsmonmouth

LMAO

Tin hats on.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 4213 viewsDr_Winston

A potential 3 year deal for a 32 year old winger who is already noticeably slower than he used to be makes no sense at all, regardless of whether you're pro or anti Routs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:48 - Jan 26 with 4207 viewsTheResurrection

Great news and great servant to our Club. We'll be needing to call on Routledge's intelligence and discipline and I'd say Clement was a big part of this extension.

Well done Routs.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 4181 viewsDafyddHuw

Why do we never learn from past mistakes?
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 4179 viewsSmellyplumz

The 32 yr old said " Im a rubbish footballer and the club are spineless so it was a no brainer"

32! surprised Sunderland where not in for him.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 4165 viewsSoberBaker

AMOW

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 4161 viewsTheResurrection

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:47 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

A potential 3 year deal for a 32 year old winger who is already noticeably slower than he used to be makes no sense at all, regardless of whether you're pro or anti Routs.

It's 2 years and if he's still making the required amount of appearances in the latter year he will have deserved the extra one.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:50 - Jan 26 with 4146 viewsSmellyplumz

This is a one eye on the championship signing. nice one Huw, thats one less you`ll have to find you c6nt.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:51 - Jan 26 with 4146 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:50 - Jan 26 by TheResurrection

It's 2 years and if he's still making the required amount of appearances in the latter year he will have deserved the extra one.

That's why I said potential three years.

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:51 - Jan 26 with 4138 viewsDarran

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:51 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

lol

Strange decision imo.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 4130 viewsmagicdaps10

Great servant but a contract that if fulfilled will see him to his 34th birthday is quite incredible.

I think these contracts are being given out in fear that the player/s will walk away for nothing come the end of their current contract. Look upon it as giving them an extra year or two than what the player or agent thinks they will get on the same or similar terms.

Amazed with this contract extension given to Routledge personally.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 4128 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:49 - Jan 26 by DafyddHuw

Why do we never learn from past mistakes?

Jenkins is The Messiah. He doesn't make mistakes...
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:53 - Jan 26 with 4129 viewsTheResurrection

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:51 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Yeah and missed the big gaping caveat conveniently.

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:53 - Jan 26 with 4126 viewsOldjack

ffs What's going on ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:54 - Jan 26 with 4108 viewsSoberBaker

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:52 - Jan 26 by magicdaps10

Great servant but a contract that if fulfilled will see him to his 34th birthday is quite incredible.

I think these contracts are being given out in fear that the player/s will walk away for nothing come the end of their current contract. Look upon it as giving them an extra year or two than what the player or agent thinks they will get on the same or similar terms.

Amazed with this contract extension given to Routledge personally.

Same here and it begs the question on whether he's taken a pay cut?

Plus a relegation clause.

AMOW

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:56 - Jan 26 with 4083 viewsKerouac

I've always liked him as a player but the deal doesn't make much sense, obviously he can't play on the wing in the Premier League for another couple of years.

I've been saying for 2 seasons now that we need to convert him to a more central role, either as a no. 10 (which is my preference as he is creative) or could he be taught how to play a Leon type role?

Anyway, glad for him. He has been a big part of our side in the Premier.
I just hope that we see new wingers come in who make and score goals on a more consistent basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 4062 viewsGriffting

It's all about timing with this club aye.
Do this at the end of the season and perhaps people don't care as much.
Don't do it when you're supposed to be working hard on bringing players in to help stave off relegation.
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 4062 viewsWandererJack

He's been very poor this year but every manager has picked him week in, week out since Sinclair left.
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 4046 viewsTrundle10

Not a lover of Routledge however, the management we have employed for the past few seasons has nullified the potency of many of our players. I have never been of the opinion we have had a crap squad just managers who have not played to its strengths..... food for thought.
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:59 - Jan 26 with 4028 viewsOldjack

Three players that need replacing Routts ,Taylor Dyer

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 11:00 - Jan 26 with 4020 viewsSmellyplumz

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:59 - Jan 26 by Oldjack

Three players that need replacing Routts ,Taylor Dyer

Yup

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 11:03 - Jan 26 with 3989 viewsLegend83

It's pretty clear that Clement tactical approach requires players who actually understand how to play football, as individuals and with each other.

As opposed to the occasionally exciting, usually disastrous method we had got into of deploying athletes and tricksters in the hope they would "make something happen".

It's unfortunate Wayne isn't 5 years younger but I can completely understand why Clement would want him part of the squad for the forseable future (whether in the PL or Championship).
Routledge signs new Swans contract on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 3946 viewsmagicdaps10

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 11:03 - Jan 26 by Legend83

It's pretty clear that Clement tactical approach requires players who actually understand how to play football, as individuals and with each other.

As opposed to the occasionally exciting, usually disastrous method we had got into of deploying athletes and tricksters in the hope they would "make something happen".

It's unfortunate Wayne isn't 5 years younger but I can completely understand why Clement would want him part of the squad for the forseable future (whether in the PL or Championship).

Well rather than giving him a contract for possibly up to 3 years, shouldn't Huw and his scouting staff be working hard to bring in a younger replacement for Routledge?!?

Can see how it would be hard to get a younger upgrade on a similar style of player like Routledge, must be very difficult to get one that is available for 5m or less!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 11:10 - Jan 26 with 3927 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Routledge signs new Swans contract on 10:56 - Jan 26 by Kerouac

I've always liked him as a player but the deal doesn't make much sense, obviously he can't play on the wing in the Premier League for another couple of years.

I've been saying for 2 seasons now that we need to convert him to a more central role, either as a no. 10 (which is my preference as he is creative) or could he be taught how to play a Leon type role?

Anyway, glad for him. He has been a big part of our side in the Premier.
I just hope that we see new wingers come in who make and score goals on a more consistent basis.

I've been saying that for a while, specifically the Leon part.

Love WR's heart and intelligence, and he shows very good skill from time to time, but he's nowhere near the pace and level we need out of a wing. Not much of an attacking threat at all.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024