Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? 09:55 - Apr 2 with 5907 viewsdantheswansman

So i have just bought a load of new parts for my new gaming rig, i7-7700K , Z270F motherboard, 16GB of corsair vengence lpx ram etc etc .
But i have never ever built a PC before and was wodering if there was anyone on here competent in building PC`s....

Would appreciate it if you could call over and help me build this PC. Well i say help me build,What i mean is ,you build it and i look on and learn.

Thanks

Dan
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:58 - Apr 2 with 5035 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 10:25 - Apr 2 with 4995 viewsdickythorpe

Started off with "So"........
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 10:25 - Apr 2 with 4995 viewsyescomeon

You had a look on youtube. There is more than likely a tutorial online.

Is it not just a matter of putting the right bits in the right places. You could look up the motherboard and see what goes in where.

Upthecity!

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 11:00 - Apr 2 with 4966 viewsskippyjack

I would dan.. but considering I'm practically half brain dead due to incompetent half witted f*cking Neanderthals.. I might not be able to pull it off..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 14:56 - Apr 2 with 4930 viewsdantheswansman

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:58 - Apr 2 by WarwickHunt

Do me a favour? Keep your sarky comments to yourself.
Got nothing helpful to say then say nothing. Prick
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:25 - Apr 2 with 4915 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 14:56 - Apr 2 by dantheswansman

Do me a favour? Keep your sarky comments to yourself.
Got nothing helpful to say then say nothing. Prick

Don't shoot!

Twàt.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:29 - Apr 2 with 4904 viewsDanWelsh86

A) That CPU is completely overkill. Take it back for the i5, unless you're doing graphic design.
B) The RAM is overkill unless you're overclocking it
C) Having a K model CPU is silly unless you're overclocking it
D) You've bought a set up capable of overclocking, however seem to have not bought a decent cooling solution on air or water
E) What's the case
F) What's the GPU
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 16:56 - Apr 2 with 4820 viewsDafyddHuw

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 10:25 - Apr 2 by dickythorpe

Well done.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 19:47 - Apr 2 with 4760 viewsyescomeon

Have you checked the PSU you is up to it too?

Upthecity!

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:10 - Apr 2 with 4738 viewsdantheswansman

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:29 - Apr 2 by DanWelsh86

A) That CPU is completely overkill. Take it back for the i5, unless you're doing graphic design.
B) The RAM is overkill unless you're overclocking it
C) Having a K model CPU is silly unless you're overclocking it
D) You've bought a set up capable of overclocking, however seem to have not bought a decent cooling solution on air or water
E) What's the case
F) What's the GPU

CPU is not overkill , I do video production and music production
Ram is same as above , 16GB is nothing for Rendering 4k footage
Overclocking is something i could do somewhere down the line if i need
My cooler i am keeping from my current rig which is a BeQuiet Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler.

The case is a Coolermaster CM 690 II Case
And i have a gtx 780ti in there now but only until my 1070 comes from ebay sometime next week.
And the PSU is a Coolermaster 600W Silentpro PSU
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:29 - Apr 2 with 4724 viewsjack2jack

Bloody hell ,didn't know Paul Clement was an android
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:35 - Apr 2 with 4715 viewsHighjack

If anyone is stupid enough to call over Dan's house to fix his computer he'll have your knickers round your ankles and will be cooking your spleen before you can say floppy disk.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 07:58 - Apr 3 with 4648 viewsdantheswansman

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:25 - Apr 2 by WarwickHunt

Don't shoot!

Twàt.

Go back to the corner you Jellyfish. I call you Jellyfish because they also lack a brain.Dribbling piece of sewer scum.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:10 - Apr 3 with 4609 viewsNogginthenog

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 10:25 - Apr 2 by dickythorpe

Sheesh, after all my exhortations.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:13 - Apr 3 with 4607 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 07:58 - Apr 3 by dantheswansman

Go back to the corner you Jellyfish. I call you Jellyfish because they also lack a brain.Dribbling piece of sewer scum.

Aye aye - Mario's had a double espresso.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 9:22]
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:22 - Apr 3 with 4590 viewsperchrockjack

Jellyfish have feelings

Much misunderstood

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 11:18 - Apr 16 with 4468 viewsdantheswansman

"Jellyfish do have a very simple type of nervous system known as a nerve net. They have nerve cells in the their tissue, but these are not concentrated into anything like a brain"

Much like the posters who replied to me on this thread.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 4424 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If you cannot do it then pay someone to do it. There are many PC shops in Swansea.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:05 - Apr 16 with 4397 viewsAnotherJohn

I've done a few, but don't want to risk messing up somebody else's project. All I'd suggest is that you get an anti-static wrist band and earth yourself before handling the more sensitive components, Probably the final setting up is harder than putting the building blocks together. My son's gaming machine has an i7 with GTX970 and SSD, and your parts look good to me.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:24 - Apr 16 with 4380 viewsShaky

What is you plan for disk drives?

If you intend to just swap the drive (s) over at best you are likely to get a corrupt system, and at worst Windows 10 may not be properly authenticated due to the the new hardware based profiling.

in which case you need to consider how to back up your data before you do anything.

And If that involves buying a new disk you may as well also buy a new case, a power supply, and a cheap copy of windows Pro from eBay then you have your old machine intact you can back up to in future.

Then:

1. Install PSU.
2. Screw in standoff mounts into the case having checked where the holes are located on the motherboard.
3. Position motherboard and screw in.
4. Insert CPU into socket.
5. Attach CPU fan (check it has thermal compound pre-applied otherwise do that.
6 Insert RAM
7. Insert Video Card.
8. Install drives and attach via leads.
9. Plug PSU leads in to motherboard (2x) and video card, attach power/indicator leads from case to motherboard (see instructions)
10. That's it!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 4359 viewsSTID2017

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 13:56 - Apr 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If you cannot do it then pay someone to do it. There are many PC shops in Swansea.

Most sensible thing I've seen you post on here.
Seriously - my respect !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 08:49 - Apr 17 with 4237 viewsShaky

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 15:54 - Apr 16 by STID2017

Most sensible thing I've seen you post on here.
Seriously - my respect !

If you have the skillz to change a fuse in a plug and read basic instructions it is a doddle.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 09:56 - Apr 17 with 4197 viewsZZoric

tough ask......building Paul Clement's...... self-confidence / game management plan / effective use of a #10.....??
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:08 - Apr 17 with 4117 viewsDanWelsh86

Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:10 - Apr 2 by dantheswansman

CPU is not overkill , I do video production and music production
Ram is same as above , 16GB is nothing for Rendering 4k footage
Overclocking is something i could do somewhere down the line if i need
My cooler i am keeping from my current rig which is a BeQuiet Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler.

The case is a Coolermaster CM 690 II Case
And i have a gtx 780ti in there now but only until my 1070 comes from ebay sometime next week.
And the PSU is a Coolermaster 600W Silentpro PSU

The CPU is still overkill, unless you're doing serious modelling and rendering it's not efficient from a price/performance perspective. But it's your wonga and I can understand regardless why you want it.

16GB is ample unless again you're doing some serious stuff.

The cooler is great.

I have a 1070 also, good choice.

The PSU is plenty and a good make.

Enjoy the build, there'll be plenty of time to play it when we can't stream us vs Burton Albion next season.
Anyone on here competent in building PC`s ? on 21:26 - Apr 17 with 4099 viewsjedijack

I'm gob smacked people weren't clambering over each other to help the OP out with this.

Seems like such a nice chap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024