Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? 17:36 - Jul 2 with 7893 viewsJokeren1943

With players like Shelvey, Michu, Pozuelo and Guzman that all are very aggressive and play on the central midfield, do we need another aggressive midfielder (Gylfi) or could we use the money (8-10 million) better in another position (or keep them)? :).

[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 17:49]
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 17:39 - Jul 2 with 5192 viewsTom1912

Only if Michu leaves.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 17:42 - Jul 2 with 5177 viewsLeonisGod

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 17:39 - Jul 2 by Tom1912

Only if Michu leaves.

^ this. Although we probably won't see Poz again judging on his disappearance act last season. Gylfi is also very different type of player to Shelvey.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 17:44 - Jul 2 with 5163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yes and no. I'm not one who thinks we should look back and while Gylfi suited Rodgers' style of play I think we're looking to be a bit more dynamic and incisive. I'd love Ravel Morrison here but sadly that's all gone a bit quiet.
As for Michu and Poz I think they're going anyway so if we sign JDG and keep Pablo too I think we're fine in that department.
It's the CDM that we're desperate for with Canas seemingly edging towards the exit door as well

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 18:09 - Jul 2 with 5069 viewsHuw57

YES

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 18:32 - Jul 2 with 4991 viewsdobjack2

De Guzman isn't ours and there is no certainty he will be back: pozuelo looks like he has no future here and none of us know the full story with michu. If the club think we need another midfielder of this type then who am I to argue.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 20:54 - Jul 2 with 4862 viewsItchySphincter

If we lose Michu and JDG there would almost certainly be a starting place for a player like Gylfi who to me at least seems kind of a mix of the two. Shelvey and Leon would probably be the other two with the likes of Canas and Poz being their backup if they're still here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:04 - Jul 2 with 4831 viewsScoobyWho

Michu is going, JDG isn't a swans player, Poz hasn't been seen for months. The answer is a resounding yes, we do need him. And of course he is far better than Poz and JDG.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:15 - Jul 2 with 4780 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:04 - Jul 2 by ScoobyWho

Michu is going, JDG isn't a swans player, Poz hasn't been seen for months. The answer is a resounding yes, we do need him. And of course he is far better than Poz and JDG.

Most of what you wrote there is boIIocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 4760 viewsAnotherJohn

Could work out at the right price, but is still a gamble. Gylfi had good moments at both Hoffenheim and Spurs, but in both cases managers decided he wasn't what they wanted to take the team forward. I would rather manage any sales one by one, and wait for Levy to realise that the new manager wants to unload GS. We are probably looking at others as well in any case.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 4734 viewskyswans

Think I'd rather see the money go toward a physically imposing holding midfielder. Rodwell from Man City comes to mind, although he may be too expensive.

We have a good amount of attacking options, and I'm satisfied there if Michu stays and is fit. If that's not the case, then I'm up for Gylfi.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:46 - Jul 2 with 4669 viewsjackforever

Cant get over some of the negative comments about gylfi the lad carried us for the time he was here and is without doubt one of the best players I have ever seen in a swans shirt. He scores and creates and is exactly what we need. Imagine bony getting on the end of his crosses. As jdg isnt our player, poz is now where near up to it unless he grows a set, michu if we are brutally honest has done next to nothing for 18months and there are massive question marks about his desire to stay and his fitness. Do we really need a top class international goal scorimg creative attacking midfielder? Do we need to ask the question?
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:53 - Jul 2 with 4639 viewsraynor94

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:46 - Jul 2 by jackforever

Cant get over some of the negative comments about gylfi the lad carried us for the time he was here and is without doubt one of the best players I have ever seen in a swans shirt. He scores and creates and is exactly what we need. Imagine bony getting on the end of his crosses. As jdg isnt our player, poz is now where near up to it unless he grows a set, michu if we are brutally honest has done next to nothing for 18months and there are massive question marks about his desire to stay and his fitness. Do we really need a top class international goal scorimg creative attacking midfielder? Do we need to ask the question?

This, brilliant post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 22:16 - Jul 2 with 4562 views3swan

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:46 - Jul 2 by jackforever

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 22:48 - Jul 2 with 4455 viewsPozuelosSideys

A couple of things.

For all the positives to Gylfi's game, one thing he doesnt have is lots of pace. Whether or not Monks sees this as a problem or not remains to be seen. But we are desperate for somebody who can deliver a good set piece consistently. We were woeful at that last year.

Also, Pablo's agent is the Crazy Turk. Cant see us doing business with him again.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 22:53 - Jul 2 with 4442 viewsDavillin

Says it all, and well.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 23:06 - Jul 2 with 4411 viewsLeonisGod

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 22:48 - Jul 2 by PozuelosSideys

A couple of things.

For all the positives to Gylfi's game, one thing he doesnt have is lots of pace. Whether or not Monks sees this as a problem or not remains to be seen. But we are desperate for somebody who can deliver a good set piece consistently. We were woeful at that last year.

Also, Pablo's agent is the Crazy Turk. Cant see us doing business with him again.

Gylfi = Pablo x 2

We do ok for pace in other departments. Gylfi offers the quality on the ball that Pabs has with the added bonus of a goal threat. I'd be as happy as larry to see him back here (along with everyone else by the looks of it).
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 23:11 - Jul 2 with 4388 viewsRuDeMan1970

Spot-on!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 08:20 - Jul 3 with 4214 viewsJokeren1943

Ohhh that is tooo easy.

What is the point in taken a stand which no one disagree on.

This is not a discussion if Gylfi is any good (and as far as I can see, no one in this thread do not think Gylfi is a great player).

If you think Gylfi should be a starter as central midfielder who do you want to put on the bench instead among the starting eleven (Shelvey, Britton, Michu).
[Post edited 3 Jul 2014 8:21]
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:06 - Jul 3 with 4135 viewsScoobyWho

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:15 - Jul 2 by ItchySphincter

Most of what you wrote there is boIIocks.

So JDG is a swans player ?
Pozeuelo played since Feb ?
And Gyfli isn't as good as Pozeuelo ?

The only bolo ks I read is your reply.

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:07 - Jul 3 with 4132 viewsScoobyWho

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 21:18 - Jul 2 by AnotherJohn

Could work out at the right price, but is still a gamble. Gylfi had good moments at both Hoffenheim and Spurs, but in both cases managers decided he wasn't what they wanted to take the team forward. I would rather manage any sales one by one, and wait for Levy to realise that the new manager wants to unload GS. We are probably looking at others as well in any case.

He kept us in the premier league, nothing too shout about mind.

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:23 - Jul 3 with 4092 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:07 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

What? All on his own?

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:39 - Jul 3 with 4057 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:06 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

So JDG is a swans player ?
Pozeuelo played since Feb ?
And Gyfli isn't as good as Pozeuelo ?

The only bolo ks I read is your reply.

'far better than JDG' was bollocks. You also said 'Michu is going'. It looks possible but you don't know for certain.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 11:15 - Jul 3 with 4012 viewstomdickharry

Great post.
Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 11:34 - Jul 3 with 3973 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He had a great impact when he was here and he suited us at the time but our style of play has moved on from then. That's all.

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 3950 viewsAnotherJohn

Gylfi - Do we really need another attacking midfielder? on 10:07 - Jul 3 by ScoobyWho

That was then and now is now. Gylfi could work out (at the right price) as I said. But if he is so good why did Hoffenheim let him go and why are Spurs about to do the same?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024