Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking for your opinion 15:44 - Feb 12 with 1734 viewsDavillin

We have been sliding downward in certain ways recently, although still in the top ten, and I have been trying to figure out why, without attacking any persons -- players, manager, staff, or Board.

I have concluded that we have abandoned one of our trademark "secrets" -- bringing in players who will fit in seamlessly with our players, and introducing them into the playing XI slowly and patiently.

The slide started, I believe, when and because we brought in a raft of new players and put time straight into the team. Against West Ham, for example, we started with only five of our long-time "regulars" who know our "style" from long experience, the rest newcomers.

I am NOT criticising any of them, just pointing out that we have lost continuity.

Is it possible to get it back? Possibly.

Your views, please?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Looking for your opinion on 15:53 - Feb 12 with 1706 viewsLeonisGod

We've been a bit 'iffy' for a lot of the season, long before the West Ham game. In terms of style anyway, even though we were grinding out results. I suspect cumulative fatigue and an increasingly weary squad with little strength in depth is a big part too. But an element of what you say is true as well. We have to play the likes of Naughton and Cork if they are going to be the future and can;t expect them to gell straight away.
Looking for your opinion on 15:54 - Feb 12 with 1701 viewsjack247

The nagging doubt for me is that Garry seems to want to put his own stamp on the team. The only major problem with the way we played under Laudrup was apathy. If we carried on that style but Garry fired the players up and got them giving 110% every game, I don't think we would have gone too far wrong. I think having one of the best strikers in the league has masked a few deficiencies that are now being exposed.
Looking for your opinion on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 1647 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Looking for your opinion on 15:54 - Feb 12 by jack247

The nagging doubt for me is that Garry seems to want to put his own stamp on the team. The only major problem with the way we played under Laudrup was apathy. If we carried on that style but Garry fired the players up and got them giving 110% every game, I don't think we would have gone too far wrong. I think having one of the best strikers in the league has masked a few deficiencies that are now being exposed.

I have to agree with some of that from the very start Monk would say in interviews etc .

It's the way "I " do things
The way "I" want to do things
How "I " can improve him / them .

He's certainly trying to do things his way .

Now he's worked under some very good managers here and taken all the training drills in and concepts , perhaps he can't put it all across .?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Looking for your opinion on 17:17 - Feb 12 with 1626 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry to disagree what we are not doing is just scoring enough goals.
Season For Goals/Match against Goals/Match
2012/13 1.24 1.34
2013/14 1.42 1.42
2014/15 1.12 1.32

We have gone from Michu 18 PL Goals in 2012/13 to Bony 16 Pl Goals in 2013/2014 to Bony 9 goals in the first half of the 2014/15 season to ZERO goals by a striker in the 5 games since then.
Gomis has a worse Goals/Minutes played than Ki, Shelvey, Sygi and that (so called crap) Dyer. He also has No Assists whereas all the rest except, Emnes who has only played 277 minutes, have at least 1.
His Shot Accuracy (26%) is also the worst out of all them as well and not even as good as Emnes (75%).

But keep repeating the Mantra
He WILL get better with more game time

It is now 983 Minutes he ahs played and counting, but I am sure the Mantra will work and produce the miracle that GM needs.
Looking for your opinion on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 1614 viewsApeShit

Looking for your opinion on 17:17 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

2012/13 1.24 1.34
2013/14 1.42 1.42
2014/15 1.12 1.32

We have gone from Michu 18 PL Goals in 2012/13 to Bony 16 Pl Goals in 2013/2014 to Bony 9 goals in the first half of the 2014/15 season to ZERO goals by a striker in the 5 games since then.
Gomis has a worse Goals/Minutes played than Ki, Shelvey, Sygi and that (so called crap) Dyer. He also has No Assists whereas all the rest except, Emnes who has only played 277 minutes, have at least 1.
His Shot Accuracy (26%) is also the worst out of all them as well and not even as good as Emnes (75%).

It is now 983 Minutes he ahs played and counting, but I am sure the Mantra will work and produce the miracle that GM needs.

Blame Gomis then, even though I have no idea why we signed him because he doesn't suit the way we play.
Looking for your opinion on 17:34 - Feb 12 with 1602 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He has had 43 shots and no goals, hardly not suiting our game.
The only goal is from a header.
It is time to stop making excuses, in the PL he can't cut it.
Looking for your opinion on 17:59 - Feb 12 with 1574 viewsicecoldjack

Looking for your opinion on 17:34 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

I'm tending to think this way too. Gomis is finding it a bit too hard IMO, the pace is probably catching him out.

I just hope the player can prove me wrong, nothing would make me happier
Looking for your opinion on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 1566 viewsazjack

Right now Swansea is the epitome of a mediocre mid table PL team...out of the cups, probably safe from relegation and seemingly going through the motions. GM can rattle on all day about overcoming complacency but unfortunately that's just human nature. Setting points totals for the team (and individuals) is like offering free coffees at Starbucks to a multi millionaire.
No player wants to lose a game and most professionals will try their best but its the rare individual - or team - that gives their all under all circumstances.
At the end of the day these players receive a very nice pay packet, win or lose. Imagine what might happen if there were no such thing as a guaranteed contract and their income (or at least a sizable chunk of it) was directly related to their performance. Imagine if the fans who pay their money to "support " these players actually did get a say in how they were rewarded?
How long do you think Gomis would be taking home 70,000 pounds each week?

Rant over...but to answer the OP's question, I think a lack of motivation is at the root of the problem - and that's not easily addressed by a rookie manager. No criticism of GM...JMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking for your opinion on 18:28 - Feb 12 with 1533 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Looking for your opinion on 17:34 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Well that's another thing he must be cutting it in the premier league if he is creating that many chances for him to be in .

He's just not taking them .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Looking for your opinion on 18:39 - Feb 12 with 1510 viewsDafyddHuw

Nice first 11, shame about the football
Looking for your opinion on 18:57 - Feb 12 with 1490 viewsClinton

Gomis is overweight. Fundamentally decent player, just needs to get a bit nimbler to get the on end of the many crosses that are going begging. He's not on the pace as someone says above.
Losing Siggy for three matches was a blow and before that he was carrying an injury. When he comes back hopefully he will be fit and firing.
One last point. I can't see us scoring a classic "swans will tear you apart" goal any time soon. GArry clearly wants a traditional British personnel and the 'pace and power' game that accompanies it.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Looking for your opinion on 20:50 - Feb 12 with 1421 viewsPozuelosSideys

Looking for your opinion on 17:17 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

2012/13 1.24 1.34
2013/14 1.42 1.42
2014/15 1.12 1.32

Nope. Our problems run far deeper than just not scoring goals.

People have had their fingers in their ears and singing lalalalala to themselves for months. Piss poor performances plastered over by the odd win and clean sheet.

Bony's exit has shown us to be the under-performing side we are, and the fantastic player he is.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Looking for your opinion on 21:04 - Feb 12 with 1399 viewslibertine

I think our season has been a lucky one the bottom teams have been doing quite badly and the differences between the top and the bottom are massive.

Who the hell made the decision on Gomis????

we should have got a PL striker in the January window.

But its a difficult time to get a striker and the cost a lot of money in January

On sheeeit we just sold when for 10 m under value.

bad show
Looking for your opinion on 00:49 - Feb 13 with 1308 viewsDavillin

Looking for your opinion on 18:57 - Feb 12 by Clinton

Gomis is overweight. Fundamentally decent player, just needs to get a bit nimbler to get the on end of the many crosses that are going begging. He's not on the pace as someone says above.
Losing Siggy for three matches was a blow and before that he was carrying an injury. When he comes back hopefully he will be fit and firing.
One last point. I can't see us scoring a classic "swans will tear you apart" goal any time soon. GArry clearly wants a traditional British personnel and the 'pace and power' game that accompanies it.

Do you think Gylfi will get the start against Man. U.?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Looking for your opinion on 09:34 - Feb 13 with 1203 viewsZut_Alors

Looking for your opinion on 18:07 - Feb 12 by azjack

Right now Swansea is the epitome of a mediocre mid table PL team...out of the cups, probably safe from relegation and seemingly going through the motions. GM can rattle on all day about overcoming complacency but unfortunately that's just human nature. Setting points totals for the team (and individuals) is like offering free coffees at Starbucks to a multi millionaire.
No player wants to lose a game and most professionals will try their best but its the rare individual - or team - that gives their all under all circumstances.
At the end of the day these players receive a very nice pay packet, win or lose. Imagine what might happen if there were no such thing as a guaranteed contract and their income (or at least a sizable chunk of it) was directly related to their performance. Imagine if the fans who pay their money to "support " these players actually did get a say in how they were rewarded?
How long do you think Gomis would be taking home 70,000 pounds each week?

Rant over...but to answer the OP's question, I think a lack of motivation is at the root of the problem - and that's not easily addressed by a rookie manager. No criticism of GM...JMO.

Good post.
Looking for your opinion on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 1175 viewsperchrockjack

I m still upset

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024