Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist 22:09 - Jan 26 with 1947 viewsComeonyouSwans

Emanuele Giulianelli gave an interesting insight into Guidolin, his personality, style of management and preferred tactics - including his preference of a midfield who can press and of the 3-defender based formation.

You can listen to the interview at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06yn7r9 or read his comments at http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=432258

It was refreshing to see such a positive approach on Sunday at Everton - particularly in the first half, the higher press which helped us win the penalty and how we were more confident on the ball with better movement. A good confident start from him, we had to rely on some huge misses from Everton but we always have to expect pressure at Goodison - I don't expect we'll be under the same amount of pressure at West Brom.

"He wants to have a midfield full of players that are able to press the ball and the opponent. He likes to go and attack but always being careful. A lot of times it starts from the wingers. The wingers are [required] to do a lot of jobs and one of the two wingers is often more defensive and the other one is sometimes a striker that is put very wide - especially on the left."

"For example, at Vicenza, he had only one centre forward, and on the left there was Marcelo Otero who was really a striker but was used as a left midfielder because he was able to get in between the lines and to serve the centre forward or to score himself."

"So he knows very much about tactics. He has done the four line defence but he knows very well the three line defence. In fact, I think that he will try in the next period to do the three line in Swansea if it will be possible because in these last experiences he has always tried this [three at the back]. He is a man able to do a lot of tactics."
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 22:15 - Jan 26 with 1878 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Any more threads like this and posters here may start to feel postive!

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 23:29 - Jan 26 with 1674 viewsjasper_T

Fede played right of a 3 at Napoli, and Ash has done the central job for Wales. Jordi's crying out for gametime and has an alright left foot, but maybe Taylor might suit the system better, or even Kingsley.

He's got the tools here if that's the way he wants to go.
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 23:32 - Jan 26 with 1658 viewsLoyal

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 22:15 - Jan 26 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Any more threads like this and posters here may start to feel postive!

Jammy as fck on Sunday we were 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 00:38 - Jan 27 with 1578 viewslovejuicejack

He's a keeper I say.
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 10:19 - Jan 27 with 1299 viewsDewi1jack

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 00:38 - Jan 27 by lovejuicejack

He's a keeper I say.

Don't tell our board that.

They'll flog Lukasz and Kris mun.

Seriously though.
I agree with you, with what I've read and been messaged by italians about him, it does appear we have a gem.
I'd love him to take up an option for the extra year.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 10:24 - Jan 27 with 1284 viewsJACKARSE

Lets not get ahead of ourselves .... one step at a time ... lets see if he can outsmart Pulis tactically on Tuesday ......
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 11:13 - Jan 27 with 1172 viewsDafyddHuw

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 23:32 - Jan 26 by Loyal

Jammy as fck on Sunday we were 😂

Yeah we were. Made up for that wânk ref who saw us down to 10 men against Sunlun.
Swings and roundabouts.
You hope that over the course of a season the luck evens itself out.
An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 12:37 - Jan 27 with 1053 viewsjacksfullaces

An interesting insight into Guidolin from an Italian journalist on 11:13 - Jan 27 by DafyddHuw

Yeah we were. Made up for that wânk ref who saw us down to 10 men against Sunlun.
Swings and roundabouts.
You hope that over the course of a season the luck evens itself out.

absolutely. even stevens. be worth reminding this when the inevitable add 9 points for the 3 shocking refs that robbed us of points this season to get our real position starts. we are roughly where we deserve to be and had a bit of rough and a bit of smooth in that time (thinking the point at home to everton was pretty lucky too)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024