Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 11:55 - Feb 7 with 3979 viewsSwansTrust

The minutes of the Swans Trust Board meeting held on Monday, 9th January 2017 are now available on our website...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:08 - Feb 7 with 3259 viewsPegojack

The most interesting part of these minutes:

"Queens Counsel — obtaining a second opinion — Trust Board agreed to obtain a second opinion. Agree estimated cost up to £5,000 going forward. Our Legal Affiliate, Dai Little to follow through and update us by the next meeting. Also agreed that we should set a time limit that we require a definitive opinion from the QC. If a strong case in our favour agreed that it has to be discussed by our Membership and voted upon by them."

Come on, boys, let's get on with it!

I hope one or two sellouts are starting to twitch in the wallet department.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 14:10]
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:10 - Feb 7 with 3248 viewsjacabertawe

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:08 - Feb 7 by Pegojack

"Queens Counsel — obtaining a second opinion — Trust Board agreed to obtain a second opinion. Agree estimated cost up to £5,000 going forward. Our Legal Affiliate, Dai Little to follow through and update us by the next meeting. Also agreed that we should set a time limit that we require a definitive opinion from the QC. If a strong case in our favour agreed that it has to be discussed by our Membership and voted upon by them."

"Twitch"? I hope they are stocking up on absorbent pads.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:21 - Feb 7 with 3231 viewswaynekerr55

Nearly 30 bags spent on legal fees.

Will be interesting to see how much the sell outs may have to stump up.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:36 - Feb 7 with 3208 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:21 - Feb 7 by waynekerr55

Nearly 30 bags spent on legal fees.

Will be interesting to see how much the sell outs may have to stump up.

Well I bloody well hope the club won't fund them

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 3131 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 14:36 - Feb 7 by monmouth

Well I bloody well hope the club won't fund them

Not a chance.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 16:19 - Feb 7 with 3077 viewsswancity

Still in the dark after spending £24000 on legal fees? With another £5000 set aside. Hopefully see some positive moves soon. Good luck with it. What's the current Trust relationship with Jenkins like at the moment then?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 16:53 - Feb 7 with 3040 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 16:19 - Feb 7 by swancity

Still in the dark after spending £24000 on legal fees? With another £5000 set aside. Hopefully see some positive moves soon. Good luck with it. What's the current Trust relationship with Jenkins like at the moment then?

Well as you'll know shareholder prejudice is a difficult aspect to prove. We're probably spending 500 - 1000 quid per hour +VAT so easy to see how costs escalate.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 17:26 - Feb 7 with 3009 viewsStarsky

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 16:19 - Feb 7 by swancity

That's more than we paid for our record signing Ronnie Rees

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 17:54 - Feb 7 with 2980 viewsDafyddHuw

What was wrong with the first opinion?

Were the Trust told to go ahead and sue?
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:12 - Feb 7 with 2957 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 17:54 - Feb 7 by DafyddHuw

Pragmatic approach perhaps?

If the two barristers give the same opinion then that will clarify what needs to be done

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:13 - Feb 7 with 2956 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 17:54 - Feb 7 by DafyddHuw

Now whatever your persuasion, that is a very interesting question indeed. Why is a second opinion necessary?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:17 - Feb 7 with 2946 viewsswancity

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:12 - Feb 7 by waynekerr55

Pragmatic approach perhaps?

If the two barristers give the same opinion then that will clarify what needs to be done

So Firm 1 get paid £24000 yes 24 thousand pounds for advice but theyre not sure if it's correct so get a second opinion. Is that what your saying?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:41 - Feb 7 with 2899 viewsVetchfielder

I don't know where the £24k figure comes from but if that's correct then spending an additional £5k suggests to me that the first opinion says we have a case and that the second opinion is just to give us a bit more confidence on the outcome. If we've spent £24k and were predicting £50k for a second opinion , then it would tell me we didn't like the first opinion.

This is really good news and I hope the selling Directors and Bulk Vending Systems are getting nervous.

Well done to the Trust for keeping this issue alive despite the improving situation on the field.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:46 - Feb 7 with 2885 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:17 - Feb 7 by swancity

So Firm 1 get paid £24000 yes 24 thousand pounds for advice but theyre not sure if it's correct so get a second opinion. Is that what your saying?

Yes, as these things can't be taken lightly. QC 2 will review the evidence from sols. & QC 1, hence the smaller costs as the ground work is done.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:48 - Feb 7 with 2876 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:41 - Feb 7 by Vetchfielder

I don't know where the £24k figure comes from but if that's correct then spending an additional £5k suggests to me that the first opinion says we have a case and that the second opinion is just to give us a bit more confidence on the outcome. If we've spent £24k and were predicting £50k for a second opinion , then it would tell me we didn't like the first opinion.

This is really good news and I hope the selling Directors and Bulk Vending Systems are getting nervous.

Well done to the Trust for keeping this issue alive despite the improving situation on the field.

I hope that really is true. That would be the ideal outcome. Is staying up, Americans working with us and those snakes left skint!

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:50 - Feb 7 with 2874 viewsGlyn1

That sounds about right. Get a first opinion, then get a second one to do a quality assessment / try to pick holes in it, as the opposing team of lawyers will try to do.

But what exactly is our goal at this point? We're building bridges with the new owners (or they're building bridges with us) so is the intention to sue the previous regime for damages? Or will we be suing the new owners?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 18:51]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:56 - Feb 7 with 2851 viewsVetchfielder

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 18:50 - Feb 7 by Glyn1

That sounds about right. Get a first opinion, then get a second one to do a quality assessment / try to pick holes in it, as the opposing team of lawyers will try to do.

But what exactly is our goal at this point? We're building bridges with the new owners (or they're building bridges with us) so is the intention to sue the previous regime for damages? Or will we be suing the new owners?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 18:51]

Or maybe both Glyn ?

Time will tell who we will go after, if anybody, but I'm in the mood to take it all the way.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 19:24 - Feb 7 with 2814 viewsNeathJack

That's how I read it too.

Far better to spend £5k now getting confirmation from a second opinion than take it to court without doing so and find out the original opinion was flawed.

No guarantees even with a second opinion obviously but wise to be vigilant on the possibility of the advice received to date.
Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 19:39 - Feb 7 with 2784 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pay enough lawyers enough money and they'll tell you whatever it is they need to to keep the cash flowing.

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:11 - Feb 7 with 2719 viewsswancity

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 19:39 - Feb 7 by exiledclaseboy

Pay enough lawyers enough money and they'll tell you whatever it is they need to to keep the cash flowing.

There is some truth to that but it seems that the extra £5000 could be money well spent in this instance.
Pleased that the pot is still boiling.
I asked earlier: what is the situation now in terms of their (Trust) relationship with Huw Jenkins. He must know that he's on thin ice ? Anyone know? Are they best buddies or merely tolerating each other or.......?

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:12 - Feb 7 with 2717 viewswaynekerr55

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:11 - Feb 7 by swancity

There is some truth to that but it seems that the extra £5000 could be money well spent in this instance.
I asked earlier: what is the situation now in terms of their (Trust) relationship with Huw Jenkins. He must know that he's on thin ice ? Anyone know? Are they best buddies or merely tolerating each other or.......?

I think it's a 'watch this space' on that front. If it were down to me that sneaky cūnt would have his p45 now.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:15 - Feb 7 with 2709 viewsswancity

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:12 - Feb 7 by waynekerr55

I think it's a 'watch this space' on that front. If it were down to me that sneaky cūnt would have his p45 now.

On what front ? I'm asking what their relationship is like now?

It's not only a P45 though is it. Could be a long legal battle ahead with a nasty and costly outcome.

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:18 - Feb 7 with 2697 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:11 - Feb 7 by swancity

Yes I know.

They have a working relationship.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:31 - Feb 7 with 2667 viewslonglostjack

QC second opinion worth the money. Not least for the reputation of the first lawyer. Hope the strong case is confirmed and we go for the jugular. What the sellers did was plain wrong.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:32 - Feb 7 with 2665 viewsswancity

Swans Trust Board Minutes - January 2017 on 20:18 - Feb 7 by Darran

Yes I know.

They have a working relationship.

So tolerating each other scruff?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024