Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday 09:27 - May 22 with 2931 viewsSTID2017

1 - Nice to see the Swans fans applaud Robson-Kanu in recognition of his contribution to the Wales Euro effort
2 - Nice to see WBA fans sportingly applaud the under 23's as they went past them
3- Their drummer and that "Indian" type chant thunderclap that was raised on their corners and freekick sent a shiver down the spine and silenced the home crowd.
4-Their overall support was brilliant yesterday, especially considering it was a "dead rubber"
5- Mike Dean was awful (again)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:30 - May 22 with 2343 viewsoldcob

I thought Mike Dean had a decent game yesterday.
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:34 - May 22 with 2322 viewsSTID2017

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:30 - May 22 by oldcob

I thought Mike Dean had a decent game yesterday.

I just felt he should have hurried their keeper up a lot of the time.
Also made a big fuss about where our goal kick was taken, ordering it to be taken from the left hand side, in spite of the shot going wide of the right hand post.
Also that business with Ollson in the first half seemed as if it was getting out of hand, where as he should have gone over and calmly taken control.

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:36 - May 22 with 2311 viewsPegojack

I thought Nordfelt was well dodgy on the high ball yesterday and made a complete dog's breakfast of the corner from which they scored. On the positive side, a great close range blocking save from Evans in the dying minutes. What was this business of 'resting' Fab, anyway? Just to see what Nordfelt's made of? In which case, the jury's out.

Was the nipper who came on at the start of the lap of honour and did the brilliant comedy routine one of Leon's kids, or one of Curt's grandchildren?
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:41 - May 22 with 2282 viewsWxmJax

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:34 - May 22 by STID2017

Also made a big fuss about where our goal kick was taken, ordering it to be taken from the left hand side, in spite of the shot going wide of the right hand post.
Also that business with Ollson in the first half seemed as if it was getting out of hand, where as he should have gone over and calmly taken control.

If Dean insisted that it was taken from a specific place then a foul or an offside must have occurred. Goal kicks can be taken from ANYWHERE in the six yard area regardless of where the ball went out of play.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:42 - May 22 with 2277 viewsSTID2017

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:36 - May 22 by Pegojack

I thought Nordfelt was well dodgy on the high ball yesterday and made a complete dog's breakfast of the corner from which they scored. On the positive side, a great close range blocking save from Evans in the dying minutes. What was this business of 'resting' Fab, anyway? Just to see what Nordfelt's made of? In which case, the jury's out.

Was the nipper who came on at the start of the lap of honour and did the brilliant comedy routine one of Leon's kids, or one of Curt's grandchildren?

Agree with the Nordfelt comments.
I too felt he was lost and Fabianski would have had that.
I think that little kid was Leon's
I felt they could have maybe introduced the players then the staff to get a quick round of individual applause.
Nice to see how many stayed as well.

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:44 - May 22 with 2270 viewsSTID2017

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:41 - May 22 by WxmJax

If Dean insisted that it was taken from a specific place then a foul or an offside must have occurred. Goal kicks can be taken from ANYWHERE in the six yard area regardless of where the ball went out of play.

It seemed like a shot from around the edge of the 18 yard box - I didn't notice anything, but you may be right.

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:51 - May 22 with 2238 viewsJack_y_Jwc

1. Are you taking the pi55? Williams, Ramsay & Allen all get booed at the Liberty but Kanu get a round of applause, I found it uncomfortable

2. Agreed

3. Again, strange - they chant "what the f was that" after our Icelandic clap during a Siggy corner and then they do effectively the same thing

4. Agreed

5. Didn't think he did much wrong, but then there wasn't much for him to do

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:58 - May 22 with 2210 viewsSTID2017

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:51 - May 22 by Jack_y_Jwc

1. Are you taking the pi55? Williams, Ramsay & Allen all get booed at the Liberty but Kanu get a round of applause, I found it uncomfortable

2. Agreed

3. Again, strange - they chant "what the f was that" after our Icelandic clap during a Siggy corner and then they do effectively the same thing

4. Agreed

5. Didn't think he did much wrong, but then there wasn't much for him to do

All the other games had a lot riding on them, where as yesterday didn't (in respect of we'd have stayed up even if we'd lost - still wanted and needed to win of course)
Anyway why is being sporting such an old fashioned idea ?
Apparently the opposition fans were applauding Kane's goals yesterday and at Leicester because they appreciated seeing a class player, over and above club loyalties.

Login to get fewer ads

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 10:04 - May 22 with 2188 viewsDevz00

Not sure if Fab was injured or not as he wasn't on the bench.

Yeah it looked like one of Curts grandchildren.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 10:50 - May 22 with 2080 viewsSPboy

It must be very difficult for Nordfelt who has hardly played at all. Yes he did fail on that corner but where was the marking? He was hesitant on a couple of crosses but he made a couple of good saves. I think with regular games Nordfelt should be able to step up.

Fabianski is not flawless but when he comes for the ball he generally gets there. His shot stopping technique is not the best
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 15:10 - May 22 with 1833 viewsJohnw102

A goalkeeper needs game time to build a relationship with the defence, training is not enough. Thought he did ok under the circumstances.
Applauding an opposition player is a no no from me until after the 90 mins.
Their fans were among the best all season.
Mike Dean was not that bad, had a lot worse.
Fab on his way? Hope not, but!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 15:45 - May 22 with 1738 viewsElward

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 15:10 - May 22 by Johnw102

A goalkeeper needs game time to build a relationship with the defence, training is not enough. Thought he did ok under the circumstances.
Applauding an opposition player is a no no from me until after the 90 mins.
Their fans were among the best all season.
Mike Dean was not that bad, had a lot worse.
Fab on his way? Hope not, but!!

Fabianski was helping out with Tremmel in the warm up. Looked fine to me
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:02 - May 22 with 1693 viewsPegojack

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 15:45 - May 22 by Elward

Fabianski was helping out with Tremmel in the warm up. Looked fine to me

It said on Radio Five he was being 'rested' but no more info than that.
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:10 - May 22 with 1684 viewsHighjack

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:02 - May 22 by Pegojack

Perhaps he went a bit nuts in Ibiza.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:17 - May 22 with 1660 viewsDafyddHuw

Robson-Canoe got applauded?
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:17 - May 22 with 1661 viewsploppy

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:02 - May 22 by Pegojack

PC said in his post match interview that Fab was rested to give KN his chance for being so professional all season. That's all.
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:21 - May 22 with 1653 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Didn't any of you guys blaming Nordfeldt for the goal notice the WBA forward who deliberately blocked him in?
None of our players picked up on it and blocked the WBA player from closing down Nordfeldt as is usual in those circumstances.
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:22 - May 22 with 1650 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 10:50 - May 22 by SPboy

It must be very difficult for Nordfelt who has hardly played at all. Yes he did fail on that corner but where was the marking? He was hesitant on a couple of crosses but he made a couple of good saves. I think with regular games Nordfelt should be able to step up.

Fabianski is not flawless but when he comes for the ball he generally gets there. His shot stopping technique is not the best

I thought Nordfeldt and Ollson pretty equally shared the blame for the goal.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:24 - May 22 with 1636 viewsPegojack

A slight change of focus, this is from yesterday, but it's a quote from the Hull City forum in a thread discussing the John Terry 26th minute incident.

The poster was slating Moyes for going along with it so meekly and telling his team to put the ball out of play, instead of telling Chelsea where to shove it. He summed Moyes up as follows, in what I thought was a nice turn of phrase:

"There's nothing left of Moyes now is there. He's been well and truly emptied, doesn't even look like blood flows through him now.

A completely passive, defeated husk stuck in the U-bend of football. Someone shove the brush down there and end it. "
[Post edited 22 May 2017 16:27]
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:04 - May 22 with 1550 viewsEasternJack

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:17 - May 22 by DafyddHuw

Robson-Canoe got applauded?

Anyone who can't appreciate how ridiculously good this goal was (particularly at that level) is a lost cause.

Guaranteed to be a moment many of us will recall decades from now.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:04]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:08 - May 22 with 1528 viewsEasternJack

Yep - Nordfelt didn't help his cause yesterday. A fairly shaky performance with his positioning on a few occasions, including obviously the goal. He also took some unnecessary risks with possession/distribution at times.

Fab's position is safe for now.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:29 - May 22 with 1466 viewsploppy

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 16:21 - May 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Didn't any of you guys blaming Nordfeldt for the goal notice the WBA forward who deliberately blocked him in?
None of our players picked up on it and blocked the WBA player from closing down Nordfeldt as is usual in those circumstances.

The WBA player (Brunt, I think) was in front of KN and didn't block KN's movement towards the ball at all. KN just misjudged the flight of the ball and was caught in no-man's land. Olsson didn't cover himself in glory either. KN was equally uncertain in the second half when a Christ Brunt corner landed pretty much on the six yard line. He got away with that one. Good save at the end but otherwise rather dodgy, I thought.
A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:35 - May 22 with 1449 viewsMrSwerve

1 - f*ck him
2 - f*ck em
3 - f*ck em
4 - f*ck em
5 - f*ck him

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:37 - May 22 with 1444 viewsLeonWasGod

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 17:35 - May 22 by MrSwerve

1 - f*ck him
2 - f*ck em
3 - f*ck em
4 - f*ck em
5 - f*ck him

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 18:04 - May 22 with 1380 viewsMuteswan

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday on 09:34 - May 22 by STID2017

I think the goal kick problem was the ball was moving not stationary, twice 🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024