Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis 13:18 - Jul 11 with 2125 viewsMrSwerve

Interesting video, Carragher and Neville have been looking at how referees are assessed after a mistake...using the example of the scandalous penalty given against us against Burnley for handball.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 13:31 - Jul 11 with 2062 viewsHighjack

What about all the other scandalous decisions such as the Ali and Rashford dives that only seem to happen to us and other smaller clubs?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 13:40 - Jul 11 with 2038 viewsdickythorpe

And holidays/ stag do's in week before a match!!!
How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 1975 viewsLeonWasGod

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 13:31 - Jul 11 by Highjack

What about all the other scandalous decisions such as the Ali and Rashford dives that only seem to happen to us and other smaller clubs?

Retrospective bans are coming in aren't they? And about time to as it's the player that's the guilty party, no the ref they've conned
How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 1906 viewsJackBaston

Well that's a load of bollocks

1. I saw it was a Burnley hand from the other side of the stadium, I fail to believe that all of his assistants agreed with him either. He says himself, that pride made him stick with his decision when he was worried by the reaction of our players. That's simply not good enough. You're essentially awarding a goal to the opposition, and that potential loss of 3 points could've got us relegated.

2. Unfair critisim of him having his stag do 3 days before!? Are you freaking kidding me!? Gary Neville HIMSELF says during his Salford documentary that having an awards night during the season is stupid, and that the players drinking (which I believe was a Wednesday before a Saturday game) made them lose their weekend fixture. Depending on how much alcohol you consume, depends on how long it takes to leave your system. You can get a DUI driving the day after a night out, imagine how much alcohol was in his system from a 4 day bender!

3. If it was against Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool, we wouldn't have heard the end of it. But against lowly Swansea City the media just laughed it off.

4. There are hundreds of refs in the FA, a blunder of that magnitude should've seen him dropped down to the lower leagues and easily replaced, but the FA have their select few and ignore everyone else
How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:36 - Jul 11 with 1891 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he made a conscious decision to not call a foul on Llorente's blatant push for the winner because he knew he'd made the disastrous earlier mistake.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 1872 viewsGlyn1

Or in one of the final games last season, a penalty not being awarded against Siggurdson despite a blatant handball by him in the penalty box.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:53 - Jul 11 with 1843 viewsFireboy2

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:36 - Jul 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think he made a conscious decision to not call a foul on Llorente's blatant push for the winner because he knew he'd made the disastrous earlier mistake.

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 15:07 - Jul 11 with 1794 viewsDafyddHuw

That mistake could easily have meant the difference between staying up and relegation.

Shrugging it off as human error doesn't wash. There's 4 officials - apparently one saw it wrong and the other 3 didn't have the balls to overrule.
Login to get fewer ads

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 17:40 - Jul 11 with 1606 viewsSPboy

How are referees assessed? Swansea Vs Burnley Penalty analysis on 14:36 - Jul 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

... or because he never saw it (still under the influence) or because none of his assistants saw it either or because it just wasn't a foul
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024