Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City possible Champions League ban 09:56 - May 14 with 1400 viewsHannibal

I picked up on this a while ago and it’s coming back to haunt them it seems.

FFP rules allegedly broken by turning a net loss into a profit by inflating a sponsorship deal.

Naughty naughty if true.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48265079
[Post edited 14 May 2019 9:56]

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Man City possible Champions League ban on 10:11 - May 14 with 1394 viewsspudgun

Let`s hope the investigation is carried out diligently and any necessary action taken if required.

The chances of that happening? Really?

FIFA, EUFA, EFL, MSG - all opaque, unconstitutional and self-serving...

Man City possible Champions League ban on 10:12 - May 14 with 1391 viewsHannibal

Yes and I’m sure no back handers will come into play as hush money...

Man City possible Champions League ban on 10:21 - May 14 with 1388 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Agree should throw the book at them, however can anyone have faith or trust in UEFA.

Also have a slight problem how they can say what the going rate is for a commercial sponsorship deal.

All the so called big clubs are at it. Remember Real Madrid selling their training ground for an insane amount to the city council then renting it back on a 99 year lease for literally peanuts.

Anyone any idea what UEFA does with the money raised by fines?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Man City possible Champions League ban on 11:50 - May 14 with 1368 viewsspell_chekker

Is it to do with money spent on transfer fees or wages?

Which particular cases are being referred to?

They haven't spent all that much, in football terms, for a couple of years and I would have thought there were a fair few other teams who pay even sillier money than City.

Throw the book at the lot of them I say.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Man City possible Champions League ban on 15:51 - May 14 with 1359 viewsjanegallagher

I believe from an ardent city fan at work that the account was hacked and the info leaked.

Oh and the American who went to the Burnley game I was telling you about, he loved it. Said he got friendly with a family from Burnley who took him drinking. Hot bens are now his favourite tipple He said the atmosphere was amazing.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Man City possible Champions League ban on 16:27 - May 14 with 1351 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Part of the problem UEFA has with these very rich owners is if they come down too hard on them they'll just take their clubs off and form their own super league. So many American, Middle East and Asian owners now, they could set up a league on the lines of the NFL and even play matches in foreign countries.

Another problem here is how does a government attract foreign investment from countries or very wealthy individuals by claiming your open to business on one hand, then tell them they cant spend this or that on the club they own. They will just bugger off with their money and find some other club/league/country to invest in.

I know I'm playing Devil's advocate here, and it's a bit of a stretch to talk about a world super league at the moment, but in a global economy, dominated by state owned companies, and extremely wealthy individuals use to getting their own way, can only be a matter of time before something blows up.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Man City possible Champions League ban on 17:26 - May 14 with 1344 viewsspell_chekker

There've been rumours of a breakaway super league for a few years now.

It's only a matter of time.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Man City possible Champions League ban on 09:53 - May 16 with 1321 viewsHannibal

‘Manchester City say they are "disappointed, but regrettably not surprised" after being referred to Uefa's club financial control body.

BBC Sport reported this week that Uefa investigators want City banned from the Champions League for a season if found guilty of breaking financial rules.

Chief investigator Yves Leterme has made his recommendation to Uefa but it is not known if he supports a ban.

City said "the accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false".’

Man City possible Champions League ban on 11:20 - May 16 with 1317 viewsspell_chekker

I'd like to know more about it.

"Financial irregularities" - They could be more specific (what, where, when).

Man City possible Champions League ban on 11:23 - May 16 with 1314 viewsHannibal

Read all about it here. It came from an expose in ‘De Spiegel’.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-exposed-bending-the-rules-t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024