Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Sadler 17:51 - Jun 9 with 7258 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think it needs its own thread now......

Simon Sadler - the Hong Kong-based businessman thought to be the frontrunner to take over Blackpool Football Club - has set up two new UK-based companies relating to sports.

Rose 123 Investments and Lily 123 Investments were both incorporated on May 29, 2019, according to Companies House.

Both are registered to an address in Altrincham, Cheshire, while a man named Brett Gerrity - thought to be a solicitor - is listed as an interested person in both companies.

Under the nature of business, Rose 123 Investments is described as “activities of sports clubs” while Lily 123 Investments is described as “operations of sports facilities and hotels”.

Sadler, who was born in Bispham and attended Warbreck High, founded Hong Kong-based hedge fund Segantii Capital. It is claimed the hedge fund’s assets are in excess of $1billion.

Sadler, who attended the home game against Peterborough United in April, is thought to be keen to keep current board members Ben Hatton and Michael Bolingbroke at the club.

Receiver Paul Cooper, of Rubin and Partners, told The Gazette on first arriving at Bloomfield Road in February that the entire sale process would likely take three to four months.

It’s understood mid-June is the target the club are working towards, meaning news could be forthcoming in the next week or two.

Sadler was featured in an old article in The Gazette on May 22, 2010 - the day the Seasiders sealed their remarkable promotion to the Premier League with a 3-2 win over Cardiff City in the Championship play-off final.

It included an interview with Sadler, then aged 40, previewing that famous day at Wembley.

The story reads: “Did you know there was a hedge fund on the stock market in Asia named after Blackpool? You do now.

“And the man who operates it is a Seasider who has flown back to the UK to watch the big game.

“Bispham-born Simon Sadler, a former Warbreck High pupil, was a regular in the old West Paddock throughout the 80s, watching the likes of Eamonn O’Keefe and Paul Stewart, as well as his all time favourite Oooh Andy Garner.

“Trips to Bloomfield Road became a bit of a problem though as his banking career flourished and he moved to Moscow and then Hong Kong.

“The 40-year-old operates a hedge fund which is the fifth largest in Asia - Segantii Capital — named after the original tribe of Blackpool and which has a tangerine and white corporate colour.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/hong-kong-based-b

and here's the link to Companies House

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12022758

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Simon Sadler on 17:58 - Jun 9 with 2533 viewsLala

I think you’d stop taking bets on this being our man now.

Assuming that’s the case I’m happy with this. Local lad and all that. I know Oyston was but we can’t tar all with that dirty brush.

Bring it on, a new dawn 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Simon Sadler on 18:02 - Jun 9 with 2531 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If it is Sadler, I'm sure there will be some crying into their gins.

"Bitter & Twisted?, make mine a double"

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Simon Sadler on 18:12 - Jun 9 with 2528 viewsLala

Simon Sadler on 20:02 - Jun 9 with 2509 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, Sadler needs his own thread now.

It's potentially very good but we have few details at the moment.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Simon Sadler on 21:48 - Jun 9 with 2504 viewsjanegallagher

Very happy with that. 👍

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Simon Sadler on 22:03 - Jun 9 with 2499 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Looks like it's Sadler. Gets a from me.

Simon Sadler on 22:43 - Jun 9 with 2490 viewsjanegallagher

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Simon Sadler on 23:18 - Jun 9 with 2478 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

What's that old Chinese Curse? "May you live in interesting times".

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Simon Sadler on 07:02 - Jun 10 with 2456 viewsLala

Excellent. Genuinely excited now.

Simon Sadler on 07:20 - Jun 10 with 2431 viewsHannibal

Wait and see folks. Before getting the bunting out.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Simon Sadler on 11:14 - Jun 10 with 2426 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If these rumours are correct, then the next (& we hope final) stage would be to get the Judge to sign this off? (before summer recess). If so, someone going to have to get their quills sharpened.

Or have I misread the process?

Simon Sadler on 12:54 - Jun 10 with 2396 viewsHannibal

This is Blackpool FC. Anything can and can not happen. I’ll believe something has happened when it appears on the BBC.

Simon Sadler on 14:05 - Jun 10 with 2408 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

I had hoped I'd retired.

Simon Sadler on 14:12 - Jun 10 with 2383 viewsHannibal

Who is this Abel bloke?

He’s been at it for years strenuously, yet in a casual way, trying to appear like some kind of Mystic Meg. This is what he always does:

He says something which in a snapshot of time may seem reasonable yet he is never specific rather cryptic. I challenged him about this years ago and he simply said, I don’t remember the exact phrasing he used, that he sometimes gets inside information from his sources. The information that he comes out with is always widely known too. But it’s as if because he’s saying it, it’s gospel.

It seemed like attention seeking then and it does now.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 14:18]

Simon Sadler on 14:23 - Jun 10 with 2394 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

He is very well connected, or was. And I think he has journalistic contacts. I'd believe him over most of the others who claim to be ITK.

I don't think he needs attention. He just offers insights on things he knows about. And no, I've never met him, to my knowledge.

Simon Sadler on 14:31 - Jun 10 with 2365 viewsHannibal

I’m going to stick my neck out and say it’s not going to be Sadler. It’s not going to be anytime soon.

Let’s see how Mystic Hannibal does?🤔

Simon Sadler on 15:21 - Jun 10 with 2366 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Of all the conspiracy theories flying around at the moment, that listing at Companies House is the first bit of real hard evidence.

Simon Sadler on 16:35 - Jun 10 with 2351 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Sadler on 17:02 - Jun 10 with 2341 viewsROTTWEILERS

Who's Alan Nixon, Red?

I'm pleased that Henry Teh appears to be out of the running. The phrase ' all fur coat and no knickers' springs to mind.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 17:03]

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Simon Sadler on 17:15 - Jun 10 with 2329 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

ROTTS

I believe he's a Sun Journalist.

Simon Sadler on 17:27 - Jun 10 with 2321 viewsROTTWEILERS

Cheers. Not sure why a Sun journo would have the inside track when the obvious dearth of leaked info is causing an identity crisis amongst our own ITK Gods 🤔

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Simon Sadler on 19:07 - Jun 10 with 2304 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Depends who his contacts are.

Simon Sadler on 19:22 - Jun 10 with 2297 viewsspudgun

The journalist in question may not be privy to confidential and sensitive information.

It may not deter him from writing a story though; all he needs is a couple of `sources`.

And there are one or two who like get on their hind legs on t`other side and insinuate that they are ` in the know`.

Is that too obvious...

Simon Sadler on 20:38 - Jun 10 with 2287 viewsspell_chekker

I'm with Spud.

It looks like Sadler but I'm not 100% convinced and will wait for an announcement.

If it is Sadler, I don't know enough about him, or his bid, to get giddy just yet.

Powder being kept dry here.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Simon Sadler on 20:54 - Jun 10 with 2284 viewsspell_chekker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024