Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader 19:44 - Dec 18 with 411 viewsjanegallagher

Seems Keir Starmer is seriously considering throwing his hat in the ring.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 19:54 - Dec 18 with 402 viewsROTTWEILERS

Was just about to start my own thread on this. I voted for Liz Kendall last time when I had a vote on it but, apart from Long-Bailey, haven't seen who's in contention this time around.

I fear yet another pathetic circle jerk involving Momentum, the unions and some of the most arrogant, aloof and out-of-touch activists that have ever graced any mainstream party.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:05 - Dec 18 with 395 viewsspudgun

Please not Long-Bailey. The person with the least baggage and the widest appeal to the masses; hopefully someone from the centre of the party. Whilst I like Cooper, Reeves and Phillips, Starmer looks an earnest safe pair of hands....

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:08 - Dec 18 with 392 viewsjanegallagher

She reminds me of that character off Harry Potter. Moaning myrtle.

This is who I would like to see return

https://www.thejc.com/news/news-features/any-plan-to-save-us-from-brexit-sorry-b
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 20:11]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:21 - Dec 18 with 379 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Problem they've got is most people you've mentioned are remainers, and what you'd call part of the London wine and cheese nibbles party set. It's why I'd leave Corbyn as leader for the next year, until we see what happens with the EU next December.

At the moment with Bojo's majority, there's not much you can do or say as the Opposition

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:22 - Dec 18 with 377 viewsImperial

Please let it be someone not tainted by being part of any previous inner circle.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 367 viewsLala

Not Emily Thornberry!

White van man wasn’t her finest moment and will come back to haunt her, and the party.

Am studying the others over time. No clear front runner for me yet.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 367 viewsspudgun

There is a lot to be said for a new broom. Can’t see Momentum allowing it; probably be Long -Bailey with Richard Bergen as deputy...

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:48 - Dec 18 with 364 viewsjanegallagher

That’s a recipe for another ten years of Tory rule spud.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 20:51 - Dec 18 with 361 viewsspudgun

I fear so, Jane....

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:10 - Dec 18 with 355 viewsROTTWEILERS

As soon as JC declared a "period of reflection", everyone knew he was getting his ducks in a row.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:13 - Dec 18 with 350 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

They are snookered all ways, really :

* All the (relatively) sensible ones (Benn, Kinnock, Nandy,Cooper) are on the right of the party, or "tainted" by association with serial winner Blair, or both.

* Conversely, the likely candidates who would appeal to the Party Membership are probably beyond the pale as far as the wider electorate is concerned (Long-Bailey, Lavery, Gardiner, Burgon)

* Another group (Starmer, Thornberry) aren't popular with the activists, or particularly able

* one (Phillips) has wider appeal, but is reviled by the far left and very inexperienced

I think Rayner is probably the one who is least flawed on the above tests, but she seems to be lining up to be RLB's running mate, rather than go for the top job.

Dan Jarvis might be a wild card, but again, is completely unproven. I doubt he can be worse than the usual suspects though. They are as talentless, and lacking in gravitas, as any Shadow Front Bench I can remember. Which means they are probably well matched with a lot of the real Cabinet, unfortunately.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 21:16]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:20 - Dec 18 with 340 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Problem is Rotts if you have a new leader before the Council/Mayoral in May, which will be very messy for both Labour and the Lib Dems, you're back to crisis mode. Remember the Tories with William Hague, Ian Duncan Smith and Michael Howard.

Can't see David Miliband becoming leader. Not an MP, ran away when beaten by his brother and too close to Blair.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:23 - Dec 18 with 338 viewsROTTWEILERS

Jewish though

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 335 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yeah, strange how the Daily Mail never mention how they gatecrashed a Miliband family funeral by pretending to know the deceased, looking for a (anti Jewish) story a few years back.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:34 - Dec 18 with 329 viewsjanegallagher

if Blair had been running for PM he’d have given Johnson a run for his money

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 322 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Doubt it Jane. It's changed since 1997, Brexit and Populism/Nationalism have changed the political landscape. Plus the little thing of the Iraq War.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 22:07 - Dec 18 with 319 viewsjanegallagher

Think people would much sooner back a moderate labour leader than a loony left like Corbyn.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 22:31 - Dec 18 with 313 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not a fan of Corbyn, always be a protest politician never a party leader.

However if we're talking moderate, at least he didn't throw out his critics, unlike someone who got rid of Ken Clarke (49 years a Tory MP), Greening, Gauke etc....

People are angry and feel left behind, so Nationalism/Populism is the first port of call for the opportunist politician and the disaffected voter.

Farage/Trump/Cummings et all, opened the door, Bojo kicked it down and ran through it first.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 04:49 - Dec 19 with 305 viewsspell_chekker

I was going to bring his name up.

Was that Miliband any good?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 10:44 - Dec 19 with 293 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

David Miliband had a reputation in Government as being one of the very few Ministers who was cleverer than his senior Civil Servants. He did give some people the runaround.

The problem with him was that he had a butterfly mind, and kept flitting from one thing to another. He was not renowned as a finisher/completer.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 22:40 - Dec 19 with 270 viewsImperial

I watched the first session of parliament today. It looked more like the SNP were the official opposition.

Labour have a long journey ahead to get back to being a credible opposition never mind forming a government.

There must be a true statesman somewhere in the party.

Who would you like to see as next Labour Leader on 23:58 - Dec 19 with 267 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

They need to keep Corbyn out of the public eye as much as they can. His anger and petulance have been palpable in all his public appearances today, and it does him I(and them) no good.

In fact I cannot understand why they want to take nearly three months over choosing a Leader. There are significant council elections and London Assembly/Mayoral elections on 7 May. It won't give the new incumbent long to make a difference. Not that they should need it in London, of course.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024