Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 7406 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 23:26 - Apr 5 with 537 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

For Spell....

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 04:07 - Apr 6 with 531 viewsspell_chekker

Working on Sunday Lala?

I'll admit, I did a couple of hours work to clear the decks for this week.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 12:15 - Apr 6 with 525 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lytham Update :- Shopping Day

Delivery guy arrived this morning, finally got the essentials, Coco Pops, Easter Eggs, Strawberry Trifle.... etc....

However bit short on bog roll, so will soon have to share my cat's litter tray.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 12:43 - Apr 6 with 517 viewsspudgun

Over Wyre report:

Turning a little fractious over here with self-appointed village vigilante `Crumble Queen` upping her game and now challenging `vermin carrying outsiders` with a pitch-fork.

Quickly turning Royston Vasey...

Lockdown on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 500 viewsspell_chekker

Week 3 of the lockdown is coming to a close. Tomorrow sees the start of week 4.

On today's bike ride (15.72 kms at an average speed of 13.75 km/h - not fast as we've only got small diametre wheeled bikes, the type you can fold up and put in the boot of the car) I noticed that there was more activity out there since the first couple of days of the lockdown.

The weather's not that nice today so it's not that which is making a difference. Perhaps people are gradually getting sick of being cooped up.

Lockdown on 10:23 - Apr 7 with 478 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lythan Update :- The Cooking Files

Decided to do a Curry in the slow cooker yesterday after the shopping arrived. After catching up on three episodes of Homeland, a strange aroma started to waft from the kitchen.

When I finally arrived in the kitchen it took me a couple of minutes to work out that I had actually forgot to put a full loaf of bread away, and had left the loaf next to the slow cooker, which had then managed to slow toast most of the loaf.

Lockdown on 10:49 - Apr 7 with 469 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Slow cookers are quite devious like that. Give 'em an inch, and they'll burn a slice, as my Gran probably used to say.

We haven't been over the doorstep since Sunday, but an interesting thing happened at Sainsbury's. Having queued patiently for 25 minutes (!!), they wouldn't let me and La Reborn go in together, and I was sent to wait outside (it was bit like being back at school). We are re-thinking our policy in the light of this.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 462 viewsspudgun

Reduced to collecting one`s own groceries?

Don`t tell us you have furloughed the servants?*

This crisis is certainly weeding out the parvenus.

*Plenty of scope for euphemistic comeback there...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 11:48]

Lockdown on 12:00 - Apr 7 with 455 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

My advisors tell me that being seen in the grocery arena plays well with our key demographic.

And I would never dream of having "servants". It's very 19th century. Nowadays it is thought more appropriate to have executive assistants. And we do give them accommodation, in the closet under the ground floor staircase.

Lockdown on 17:54 - Apr 7 with 440 viewsspell_chekker

My days work at home via the internet and TEAMS is done.

Bike ride. Check.
Exercises in the house. Check.

I've started taking online salsa classes with my partner. They'll be calling me 'hips', don't you know?

Week 4 has started and I'm expecting lockdown to be extended by the end of it.

Lockdown on 18:04 - Apr 7 with 434 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sadly, starting to look very grim in France. Paris now banning outdoor exercise between 10am and 7pm.

Lockdown on 19:21 - Apr 7 with 421 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Always worth checking out any wholesalers that will have stock they can't supply to restaurants, cafes, etc.... anymore.

Lockdown on 06:28 - Apr 8 with 403 viewsspell_chekker

It is looking rather grim in France.

We're now 22 days into the lockdown and the thing isn't slowing down. Still, it's still well short of the predicted hundreds of thousands dead that we had at the start.

Bad news about outdoor exercise being banned. Where I am, there aren't many people at all outside for exercise.

Lockdown on 10:35 - Apr 8 with 392 viewsspell_chekker

France leaving Germany for dead and cementing its place in the 4th champions league slot: even making an attempt to catch Italy and Spain in second and third place, therefore avoiding the CL pre-qualifying round.

The UK, meanwhile, is grinding out results that will surely see it pass Iran for Europa League qualification.

Lockdown on 13:28 - Apr 8 with 374 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Lewisham Report

We decided tactically to do our Easter weekend shop early and it was a good move. Queue at Sainsbury's at a monthly low when I went in ; rather larger when I came out. Plentiful supplies of everything today, even the staples that have been hard to get were freely available at 11.30 a.m.

I'm sure the mandatory queuing systems have made a big impact in restoring sanity to people's shopping habits. That said, the woman in front of me in the queue at the till was buying one box of cornflakes. And that was it.

More people in Lewisham than on other days, but it was late morning on a weekday, and unseasonably warm (74 degrees expected here today). Bus home was just me for half the journey, when one other person got on, and that IS a new record low.

Meat market tomorrow as usual, and then I think we can (and will) stay in for a full week. It's the best and safest place at the moment.

Lockdown on 14:30 - Apr 8 with 367 viewsspudgun

So the usually elusive boxes of staples are free at 11.30 in Sainsbury`s Lewisham?

A different world...

Over Wyre report: same as last time.

Oh, and I saw two ravens this morning in the piggy field.

That`s all really...

Lockdown on 15:02 - Apr 8 with 359 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Other stationery items were available.

I thanked the policeman on watch outside as I was leaving, for all that he and his colleagues were doing. He looked startled, more than anything.

Borough Market tomorrow. We are like Royalty there, they have offered to put some scrag end** aside if we want it.

** not a euphemism

Lockdown on 16:29 - Apr 8 with 342 viewsspell_chekker

What about your steps Robbie. Are you getting them in.

Also, I had the same experience at the supermarket last week. The guy in front of me at the till was only buying one box of chocolatines.

Obviously falls under the category of essential purchases.

Lockdown on 16:32 - Apr 8 with 341 viewsspell_chekker

I'm not suffering from Groundhog Daay syndrome yet Spud.

But I admit, the daily bike ride within a 1km radius is getting a bit samey.

The challenge is to freshen it up.

Lockdown on 16:33 - Apr 8 with 341 viewsspell_chekker

Supermarket day tomorrow.

Oh, the suspense, waiting for that report.

Lockdown on 16:57 - Apr 8 with 336 viewsspudgun

Cut the grass for the second time in four days.

*Alan Partridge mode on*

"It didn`t need doing"....

Lockdown on 16:58 - Apr 8 with 332 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Steps have plummeted for the time being. We (I) just don't think the beneficial impact is worth the risk of being infected. Not when I will promptly give it to Jane, I imagine.

I can make up time when this is over, and will.

Lockdown on 17:05 - Apr 8 with 327 viewsspudgun

17,923 steps today - most of them behind a lawnmower...
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 17:12]

Lockdown on 17:34 - Apr 8 with 321 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I've started having a siesta over the last few days

Have thought of buying a treadmill, but knowing me, that's as far as it will get.

Lockdown on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 313 viewsspell_chekker

I thought you had one of those big sit down type of lawnmowers spud?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024