Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 7404 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 18:59 - Apr 8 with 558 viewsspell_chekker

Or is it more like this?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 20:10 - Apr 8 with 539 viewsspudgun

I do spell, but I`ve also got a self-propelled lawnmower which I`m going to use this summer for the exercise. Helps pass the time as the days get a little longer.

Probably not as long as your days over there, though.

The garden has never looked better; shame we have no visitors!

Lockdown on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 526 viewsspell_chekker

SUPERMARKET REPORT:

It's interesting to hear your reports of UK supermarkets being virtually fully stocked.

There's plenty of food of certain varieties here but there are still lots of empty spaces on the shelves. Things like that haven't recovered in France.

The levels of stock are probably even slightly worse than immediately after the initial panic buying phase.

Lockdown on 12:47 - Apr 9 with 519 viewsspell_chekker

Today's a lovely sunny day.

24°C / 25°C forecast and not a cloud in the sky.

Shall I wear shorts for the daily bike ride?

Decisions, decisions.

Lockdown on 20:57 - Apr 9 with 510 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lytham Update :- Clap for Carers

Quite a few observed it round here, however then for some bizarre reason some decided to meet up for a chat. Doubt anyone was more than two feet apart.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 06:32 - Apr 10 with 481 viewsspell_chekker

I thought they'd already been clapped.

Is clapping the carers done on a weekly basis?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 6:32]

Lockdown on 08:31 - Apr 10 with 475 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yup.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 454 viewsspell_chekker

The word is that the lockdown over here is going to be extended. We'll find out for sure on Monday evening. No surprise really.

There are also rumours that wearing a mask will be made compulsory.

If so, that would be strange as previous information said that masks were relatively ineffective against infection.

Another about turn in policy.

I'd be surprised if they had enough masks for everyone in stock what with all the cuts made over the years. Similar story to the UK.

Lockdown on 16:33 - Apr 10 with 443 viewsspell_chekker

Better late than never for the carers:

Lockdown on 18:49 - Apr 10 with 430 viewsspell_chekker

Good effort by the UK today.

Over 8k new cases leave Iran trailing in their wake while at the same time putting pressure on 6th placed China.

Another slip up by China and the UK will be all over them like Red Room is all over a pair of freshly baked pair of baps.

Lockdown on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 422 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sadly, really grim in New York.

Lockdown on 20:03 - Apr 10 with 408 viewsspell_chekker

Not a good place for a city break at the moment.

Lockdown on 20:17 - Apr 10 with 407 viewsspell_chekker

Lockdown diaries:

Get through the weekend and we'll soon be starting week + 5

Lockdown on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 385 viewsspell_chekker

Definately the odeur of barbecues wafting through the air today.

Very sunny. 25°C.

Lockdown on 18:34 - Apr 13 with 359 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Something to keep an eye on over the next few days

Recovered patients testing positive again - South Korea

South Korea has reported that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus have tested positive again.

Officials are looking into the cause of the apparent relapses but Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), says the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected.

There are also concerns that laboratory tests are incorrectly telling people they are free of the coronavirus.

Lockdown on 19:15 - Apr 13 with 347 viewsspell_chekker

Week 5 of the lockdown starting tomorrow for a week.

I must say I'm in great shape. Eating healthily plus 2 hours of sport a day, every day. I hour bike ride and 1 hour of exercises in the house / garden.

I'm going to be one lean machine if we ever get out of this.

Macron's latest speech is being being broadcast as we speak.

Lockdown on 19:22 - Apr 13 with 345 viewsspell_chekker

Some places will start to open from the 11th May onwards.

Nurseries, schools and suchlike. So kids will be watched - liberating parents to work I suppose.

A testing system, isolating / quanranining positive those with tests to be put in place.

A whole load of measures on stand by - triggered by available hospital beds
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 19:23]

Lockdown on 19:23 - Apr 13 with 344 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sadly Spell, I'll probably end up like this when it's all over

Another 4 weeks for you then.

Lockdown on 19:24 - Apr 13 with 343 viewsspell_chekker

Borders with non-European countries staying closed.

Lockdown on 19:25 - Apr 13 with 341 viewsspell_chekker

Wearing facemasks to be "automatic" after 11th May.

Lockdown on 19:26 - Apr 13 with 341 viewsspell_chekker

A techhy app will tell you if you've had contact with a person tested positive.

Lockdown on 19:34 - Apr 13 with 340 viewsspell_chekker

Jobs and businesses protected

Financial jelp for pooe

Banks not to chase up late repaymentq

LOCKDOWN UNTIL 11th MAY

Lockdown on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 338 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think the plan was to test that Phone app over here this week (somewhere in N E England iirc), before general release.

Lockdown on 08:54 - Apr 14 with 327 viewsspell_chekker

I think I got most of the details accurately.

I was doing it on the fly.

Also, I remember large public gatherungs are banned until mid July.

The mid-May deadline will mean a total of 8 weeks in full lockdown.

Even then, restrictions will only be gradually lifted.

Lockdown on 16:33 - Apr 14 with 298 viewsspell_chekker

Week 5 has begun and a lizard has set up home in my bathroom.

Yes, seriously it has - leavaing doors open in the nice weather, it's got in from the garden.

One like this:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024