Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon Match Thread 13:14 - Oct 26 with 429 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 27 with 90 viewsspell_chekker

Photo gallery:-

https://camerasport.photoshelter.com/gallery/201027-AFC-Wimbledon-v-Blackpool/G0
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 21:53]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 22:36 - Oct 27 with 78 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 22:40 - Oct 27 with 78 viewsspell_chekker

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 23:18 - Oct 27 with 78 viewsspell_chekker

Mitch Cook's LF match report:-

https://mclfoot.blogspot.com/2020/10/deep-breathing-required-afc-wimbledon.html

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 23:47 - Oct 27 with 77 viewsspell_chekker

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 23:47 - Oct 27 with 77 viewsspell_chekker

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 07:05 - Oct 28 with 75 viewsspell_chekker

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 07:08 - Oct 28 with 75 viewsspell_chekker

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 73 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not exactly busting a gut to get back was Mitchell for their goal.

Poor control and tackle by Robson for his red card, he's got away with a couple in previous matches.

No idea about Ballard's red card

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 08:38 - Oct 28 with 71 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

'Both were dubious': Despondent Neil Critchley questions Blackpool's sending-offs in miserable defeat to AFC Wimbledon

A despondent Neil Critchley was left questioning two “dubious” decisions from the referee in Blackpool’s 1-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon.

A despondent Neil Critchley was left questioning two “dubious” decisions from the referee in Blackpool’s 1-0 defeat to AFC Wimbledon.

The Seasiders inexplicably ended the game with nine men after both Ethan Robson and Dan Ballard were shown straight reds - making it four dismissals for the season already.

Wimbledon were already a goal ahead by that point, Callum Reilly handing them the lead after just 13 minutes.

The defeat, Blackpool’s sixth in just nine league games, means they’re now without an away win in 406 days.

“Where do you start with that game? It was an absolute rollercoaster of a game,” Critchley told The Gazette.

“I’m really disappointed with the goal we conceded, I thought it was a really easy goal we gave away.

“That can’t keep happening, we can’t keep chasing games especially when we’re away from home against a team that doesn’t concede many goals.

“Having said that, we began to gain control of the game and then the sending off happens and it changes the course of the next hour or so.

“I thought we were very good with 10 men and probably just as good if not better with nine man.

“The application and the attitude of the players was first class. They went right until the end and we had one or two opportunities to equalise.

“If you take one of them, I’m probably standing here talking about what a great point it was away from home and the fantastic spirit, but unfortunately we didn’t.”

Robson was the first to be sent his marching orders, referee Sam Purkiss brandishing a straight red following a 50-50 with Wimbledon’s goalscorer Reilly.

With the Seasiders chasing the game late on, Ballard was then also dismissed for an innocuous-looking collision with Shane McLoughlin.

“I’d have to see both incidents again, but I thought both were dubious,” Critchley said.

“The first one was a real honest challenge from Ethan. He’s obviously overran the ball and he’s stretching, but the referee has said he’s gone over the top of the ball but to me it looks like he wins the ball and maybe with his follow-through he catches him.

“When you’ve got forward momentum, that’s always going to happen, so I’m not sure it was a sending off.

“The second one, I didn’t actually see that one despite it being right in front of me. I followed the play instead.

“The player has gone down, he’s got up and there doesn’t seem to be a lot wrong with him. Maybe we’ve fallen into the trap there a little bit. I thought Danny Ballard was otherwise excellent and I feel really sorry for him.”

Critchley marched over to the man in charge straight after the full-time whistle, but the Pool boss said he didn’t actually bring up the dismissals.

“I didn’t really ask him about the sending offs, I think you know what the answer is going to be. I was actually asking him about the three minutes of injury time,” he said.

“With the substitutions and the sendings offs, I just found it baffling, absolutely baffling to be honest with you.

“I didn’t ask him about the red cards because I’m not sure I was going to get the answers I was looking for.

“It was a strange performance I thought.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/both-were-dubious

AFC Wimbledon Match Thread on 08:52 - Oct 28 with 67 viewsspudgun

"I didn`t ask him about the red cards because I wasn`t sure I was going to get the answers I was looking for."

Which begs the question: "what answers were you looking for, Neil?"

Answers on a postcard to:

Football manager gibberish
Nonsense Street
Critchleywood
B6LL0X.

I like Critchley but this interview is just a basket of bobbins.

A good performance though all things considered, so I believe...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024