Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Barnsley Offish Match Thread 14:20 - Oct 27 with 29713 viewsBoston

1 - 1
Why are we kicking off at 7pm?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:52 - Oct 27 with 1570 viewsVancouverHoop

You might be right I'm afraid. The little I've seen of Dykes for Scotland suggest he's the type of striker who likes the ball in front of him. I'm not claiming he's Jamie Vardy but he's got decent speed and is very good at holding on to the ball when it's on the ground. Pumping high balls into the box might not be his thing. As for Bonne, as noted upthread, I'm not yet sure what he brings to the party.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 19:53]

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:53 - Oct 27 with 1548 viewsToast_R

Slowly giving less of a f*ck. Until fans are allowed back in, this is the crap we can expect to see for the foreseeable.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:54 - Oct 27 with 1533 viewsPhildo

We really have gone backwards. Remember all the warbsball triangles last year - they have gone and we did not look likely to score in the opening 15 minutes when we were dominant. Very worrying.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:54 - Oct 27 with 1523 viewsconnell10

Mine is 73 quid I think , well worth every penny , ..

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:54 - Oct 27 with 1514 viewsHunterhoop

See my post earlier. It was completely the wrong change. Go 441. Everyone else keeps position, we try to continue outplaying then up to the box and hope we get a goal or two. Asking a lot to change the shape so much.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:56 - Oct 27 with 1431 viewsHAYESBOY

Started off well. 15-20 mins they hardly touched the ball. Then a fortunate bounce between Barbet who is stretching to cut the pass out then comes off Dickie into Woodrow's path.
Something they didn't deserve. Its a pen and red though. Not attempt to play the ball.

Then second is just not following a runner across the area.

Games gone. We are not scoring 2 with 10 men.

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:57 - Oct 27 with 1386 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He looked tired just before the break.

I said at the time of the sending off that Bonne should have been taken off, I see now that that would have been wrong. I don't think that Dykes has 90 in him so maybe Bonne had to stay on the pitch for that reason.

Maybe it should have Masterson for Dykes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:57 - Oct 27 with 1366 viewsessextaxiboy

If you keep giving the opposition a free shot from 12 yards when you dont need to make a challenge you will lose games.

Against teams like this we would be better keeping 11 on the pitch and conceding, especially with an hour left to play .

Good players play with their brain engaged

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:57 - Oct 27 with 1347 viewsHunterhoop

To be fair, we should have scored after 20 seconds! Chair shot from 5 yards out and it was a goal bound block. And if either of our forwards anticipated some great crosses they’d have had sitters.

Their forwards have had far less service but look much much livelier in terms of anticipation.

That is the problem.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:58 - Oct 27 with 1350 viewskarl

Yes, to clarify, I should have said with good spirit.
There's a lot of well paced breaking moves not coming off in the final third for a few reasons. It's better than I saw against Birmingham but the big difference is a brain storm from Dickie.
I don't think we're actually playing badly even though we've been weak a couple of times and paid heavily for it.
If we're going to improve then they have to work on the concentration of the defence, all penalties have been the result of weak defending which were recoverable but they were then followed up by terrible decisions by Wallace twice and now Dickie. That is coachable, drill the defence constantly on recovering the 2nd ball without fouling, its badly needed.
General play I think we've looked ok

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 19:59 - Oct 27 with 1293 viewsQPRSteve

I'm not keen on Albert playing deeper. He looked to be our best threat at the start when we were playing well. I'd push him back forward and give him as much ball as possible to see if he can cause some havoc.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:00 - Oct 27 with 1230 views2Thomas2Bowles

At least we can claim the moral high ground by not playing Bright

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:00 - Oct 27 with 1221 viewsWatford_Ranger

From Bonne giving the ball away cheaply yet again that first goal really was one that we deserved to see live after taking half a day off and driving 200 miles through the rain. A beautiful Rangers away goal for the purists.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:00 - Oct 27 with 1205 viewsHunterhoop

Yeah, it was stupid from Dykes. But the real issue is whether the coaching staff have raised this with him already. If so, he needs a serious dressing down and to make an apology to his teammates. If not, then the coaches need to take some accountability as we have call noticed it, London has, Sinton has...

We’ll never know but it’s important for the team and the future nonetheless.

Accountability.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:01 - Oct 27 with 1181 viewsHayesender

We'll do well to score two goals before Xmas

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:01 - Oct 27 with 1165 viewsHunterhoop

Ha. Very true.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:02 - Oct 27 with 1167 viewsGloucs_R

Watched the penalty again. What was Dickie thinking?
Stupid, really stupid to pull him back.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:02 - Oct 27 with 1139 viewsHayesender

We're out again. Why am I still watching and hoping? 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1122 viewsngbqpr

Absolutely desperate to remain glass half full, so writing this one off, not watching second half, gonna stick an old Bourne movie on - then, as they say. "go again on Saturday"

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1115 viewsrbee

Funnily enough this same Sky commentator mentioned Dickies habit of pulling opponents back by the shoulder during the last game and if he can see it....!!

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1108 viewstraininvain

It was always going to be a tough season after selling Eze and the Bright situation won’t help.

But I still think it’s too early to judge the likes of Bonne, Dykes, Dickie etc. Quite a few of this first team making the step up for the first time (Kakay, Nico etc) and they’ll need time to adapt.

Trying to stay optimistic here!

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1107 viewsBeckenhamhoop

We didn’t recover at all after selling Les Ferdinand. I’m beginning to think we might have a similar future after selling Eze. The stuffing, excitement, flair and positivity seem to have left with him. Very worrying.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1083 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well. This is awkward.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:03 - Oct 27 with 1082 viewsTHEBUSH

IMO we need a couple of tough midfield players, we have no engine.

Tom Carroll is not the type of player we need in midfield.

Warburton has to change his playing style, he's a stubborn old person.

The Barnsley Offish Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 27 with 1046 viewsRangersDave

fakes beating the burn, 3-1 ooooop north on a cold tuesday night.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024