Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. 16:01 - Aug 11 with 65925 viewsjohnhoop

Doesn’t seem to be a match thread and haven’t done one before so here goes.
Hoping the outcome doesn’t match the thread title but fear that it might do, as they’ve mysteriously managed to strengthen their team considerably, despite being under a transfer embargo.
An optimistic 1-0 to Cardiff ( scorer Josh Bowler of course).

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2518 viewsMick_S

Come on people, give it up for fred

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2524 viewsQPRSteve

What a difference a week makes! Kakay looks a lot better at CB than at RB. Dozzell showing some improvement too.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2522 viewsCateLeBonR

Well played Rangers and well done Sinclair Armstrong!

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2516 viewsDejR_vu

Good half. Need to make sure we don’t just drop off in the second half. No reason why we can’t get the win here

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How I see it, albeit on the stream:

343, with Chair and Dykes behind Armstrong when out of possession, and with Dykes coming to right mid for the kick-outs.
Kakay and Smyth pushing up when we're in possession.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2500 viewsOakR

43% posession as well so far. It's not everything, but you just felt it had to get higher than it was before.

Sounds promising - and that in itself feels good!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:50 - Aug 12 with 2495 viewsderbyhoop

Some of the unsung have done well.
Kakay, Dozzell and Smyth.
HT 1-0 to Superhoops

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thr on 15:51 - Aug 12 with 2442 viewsdavman

That may well be the case, but either way he is an asset not contributing, so we HAVE to get rid, surely?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 2415 viewsBklynRanger

Deciding to have a clue - nobody saw that coming

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 2385 viewsNed_Kennedys

So no need to sack the manager after one game after all then.

Well done Rangers.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 2379 viewsDylanP

Wow. The boys looked so much better in the first half. Great shape and intensity. Gareth will be pleased with the effort and energy.

Impressed with Smyth. He has always offered speed and energy but he looks a lot more solid and mature.It wasnt obvious to me that the wing was the right spot for him, but he has shown a lot from the right hand side. Linking up really well with Kakay. They were made for each other. Good call.

Its only 45 minutes of play. Lets hope they can keep it up and build on a great first half

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:53 - Aug 12 with 2349 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good half by Rangers.
Nice shape, good aggression, and playing the football that suits us best.

If we can improve the crossing, we can cause them more problems.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:53 - Aug 12 with 2349 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hope springs eternal, set up much more solid today. Actually go as far to say that was the best 1st half of football I've seen under Ainsworth management so far. Let's hope we can keep it up.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:54 - Aug 12 with 2236 viewsBoston

HT

Happy Time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:55 - Aug 12 with 2222 viewsdmm

I've been impressed with Fox in that half.

Dykes seems to be playing rather deep. Not seen much of him.

Chair seems to have licence to play centrally which is good.

I like this 343. Nice and compact.

Oh and, lovely goal.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:56 - Aug 12 with 2164 viewsWatfordR

Point off the playoffs.

Just saying

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:56 - Aug 12 with 2136 viewsFDC

It's almost the attitude on the pitch that's most relieving. I mean we don't look like world beaters, but at least we look like a team that could plausibly get some points this season. The past week that wasn't necessarily the case
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 15:57]

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 2017 viewsgazza1

Than first half is arguably our best half for 8 months - not perfect by a long shot but much much better and well organised football.....well done to everyone.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 2010 viewsconnell10

Boro have had a poor start to the season.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 2000 viewsCLAREMAN1995

He had a nice chat with the ref too telling him he fcuked up booking him and not the defender holding him or the 3 man sandwich with the keeper.
That is a costly booking too because Armstrong normally goes in hard and late sometimes trying to get posession he will have to be careful.
We are having great success with Smyth on the right but Chair needs to unload that ball quicker .
Cardiff are going over the top quickly they must suspect we are slow there .
Great half lets get a second to end our misery

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 1984 viewsdavman

As was the case with the win against Watford (h) last season, the players were up for this and right up the oppo as soon as they got on the ball. It HAS to be the minimum requirement of ANY football team and it is the one thing we have been lacking when we have fallen through the floor.

It is also Ainsworth's thing and if we do not get that minimum it will all fall apart. Lets hope we can maintain this level of press when Smyth and Armstrong have to go off...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:59 - Aug 12 with 1965 viewsPaddyhoops

Don’t have to be world beaters in this leauge. Just be vaguely competent. We look tgat at the moment

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 15:59 - Aug 12 with 1936 viewsbaz_qpr

Fantastic 1st half their best under Ainsworth return to Warburton’s 3-4-2-1 with Dykes playing deeper. Not a poor performance on the pitch there and for the first time we look properly organised .

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 16:01 - Aug 12 with 1848 viewscolinallcars

They need a new keeper.

Sh-gged by sheep? Cardiff match thread. on 16:02 - Aug 12 with 1826 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agree on Paal and Dozy. Kakay, though, is looking much better. Cook also solid, which is helping Fox, of course. Field patrolling purposefully. Smyth has been a livewire, and that was a delicious assist for our dynamic duck-breaker.

We actually look like a semblance of a professional football team. What's gone wrong?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024