Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick London gone! 14:59 - Nov 25 with 34197 viewsjtuck

Don't know why but stream just started with that.

Andy Sinton still co-comms.

Some guy called Billy Wright main comms.

LAranger

Nick London gone! on 15:27 - Nov 25 with 15514 viewsKensal_Ranger

What happened to the thread on here, posted not long after the end of the Bristol game, where the poster said he was watching / listening via the commentary and London made some sort of comment regarding bullying at the club?

I’ve searched but can no longer find it.

Relevant?

Nick London gone! on 15:53 - Nov 25 with 15323 viewsdmm

Billy Rice. He was our commentator years ago.

PS Just be glad it isn't Tony Incenzo.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 15:57]

Nick London gone! on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 15229 viewsRs_Holy

or that Irish bloke from the late 90's

Nick London gone! on 16:26 - Nov 25 with 15075 viewspaulhoop2

Can anyone actually explain what was said or who it was about as no one seems to know a thing

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Nick London gone! on 17:11 - Nov 25 with 14819 viewsbosh67

Someone said he's off ill but I don't know.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nick London gone! on 17:15 - Nov 25 with 14773 viewsbaz_qpr

He apparently made a comment in the last games commentary about an internal matter at the club an allegation that is not in the public domain and as of the next game Billy Rice is doing the commentary. Are they related, I don't know. Its a shame as while Billy made a sterling effort he is not a professional commentator and Nick for everything he got wrong was a did bring some excitement to it.

Nick London gone! on 17:24 - Nov 25 with 14688 viewsManinBlack

He is better off not being there to keep watching us score nil. It's enough to drive anyone to another pastime on match days.

Nick London gone! on 17:27 - Nov 25 with 14659 viewspaulhoop2

Surely said allegation can be repeated now it’s out ? Who was it about ? Was it Evil Les s fault ? lol

Nick London gone! on 17:28 - Nov 25 with 14660 viewsPindarus

Apparently he took a slight knock during the warmup. Out for 6 weeks.

Nick London gone! on 17:46 - Nov 25 with 14533 viewsmacclesfieldman

He was missed today. Todays commentater could make 1970 WC Final Brazil 4 Italy 1 sound drab.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Nick London gone! on 18:41 - Nov 25 with 14235 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I did enjoy the new guy saying as another ball was wasted flying out of the clouds that Amstrong would not control for the rest of his life " bread and butter to Armstrong " he must have not been watching us this season .
After Dykes goes off there is 3 or 4 crosses in quick succession to nobody and while he was on there were basically zero its mind blowing .
Chair frustrates me and some more fans by dribbling across to finally unload 5 minutes too late .Move the ball quicker of fire off the shot right away he is very predictable right now .
Still tries his best though but not reaching his potentiial IMO

Nick London gone! on 19:50 - Nov 25 with 13976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well,

IF - and I say IF - the club were preferring Rice over London over a comment he made then I'm not sure it would be wise to repeat the comment on Clive's board.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nick London gone! on 20:18 - Nov 25 with 13819 viewsenfieldargh

Billy sits behind me with his family, interesting to see if he has to continue coms and sit in the gantry.

Nick LOndon has the perfect coms voice, thought it may have been that he'd been knabbd by Sky but apparently not

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nick London gone! on 20:26 - Nov 25 with 13773 viewsGloryHunter

Sacked for raising a bullying issue within the company? That sounds like a strong case for an employment tribunal.

Nick London gone! on 20:30 - Nov 25 with 13732 viewsWhip_It

From what was said, his departure seems permanent. For someone whose main job is to watch QPR games, it was surprising how often he wrongly identified our players.

Nick London gone! on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 13642 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Why not? What's the point of a message board if all we're ever going to discuss is the mundane? I don't come on here for Friday choons, IT advice, or car buying tips. I'm here for all matters QPR, be it good, bad, or indifferent.

Let's not turn this message board into some kind of winter wonderland by censoring free speech because the subject might be a tad uncomfortable or contentious. If there's truth in it then the fans have a right to know. Brushing it under the carpet only encourages rumour and speculation, which can be significantly more damaging than the truth.

Nick London gone! on 20:40 - Nov 25 with 13621 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Billy's commentary style isn't my cup of tea but he is woven in our history so good luck to him.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 17:07]

Nick London gone! on 20:42 - Nov 25 with 13619 viewseastside_r

Yeah. Thanking him for 7 1/2 years at the start of the game sounded pretty permanent.

The partial, one-eyed commentary is in my head anyway, so I would rather have a more balanced, neutral commentary, but I am not going to slag a fellow R.

Nick London gone! on 20:54 - Nov 25 with 13541 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You might be right, Benny, and maybe Clive will agree with you.

I just said that I wasn't sure.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nick London gone! on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 13330 viewsBoston

I often have fellow expat Londoners in my crew on jobs. When working Saturdays they listen to Rangers games, whatever rabble they follow...coz I say so. Without exception, they were impressed by the London / Sinton enthusiastic, biased, proper fan commentary. If I wanted balance I'd tune into the oppo's broadcast.

Free the London one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nick London gone! on 21:46 - Nov 25 with 13270 viewspaulhoop2

Hopefully Clive can give us more info without the threat of libel . He’s usually pretty good. I agree with Benny on this occasion!

Nick London gone! on 21:48 - Nov 25 with 13257 viewsNed_Kennedys

I wonder if his QPR biased commentary has led to some complaints from other clubs which has led to him being removed? His Bamford cheat comments for example.

Nick London gone! on 21:51 - Nov 25 with 13234 viewsJAY

It’s every game and almost every decision, gets pretty tedious in my opinion.

Nick London gone! on 22:12 - Nov 25 with 13121 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How about libellous?

Nick London gone! on 23:57 - Nov 25 with 12795 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought he was ill.

It confused me watching today, thought I had got the Norwich comms until Andy came on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024