Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed 20:21 - Jan 2 with 6391 viewsOldPedro

Forest have enlisted leading sports lawyer Nick De Marco as they attempt to avoid any Premier League charge for breaching financial regulations.

After signing 43 players since winning the Championship play-off final in May 2022, Forest are sailing close to the wind though sources insist they are confident of avoiding sanctions.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nottingham-forest-appoint-top-lawyer-174427753.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 20:36 - Jan 2 with 5563 viewsDorse

'My client is innocent. You can clearly see that QPR made them do it.'
'I see. You are free to go. Now, bailiff, bring me QPR, prepare the shackles, a size 9 cheek-spreader and release the greased-up wildebeest'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 21:04 - Jan 2 with 5441 viewsGaryBannister86

He won't say that - he's a massive QPR fan!

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 21:25 - Jan 2 with 5341 viewsLblock

Was / is he a big friend of Paladini?

That's a key one for me.

I still maintain we could've fought the FFP charges and got away with far more palatable sanctions.

I know the rules have changed but, lets face it, nobody else is going to get the burning tyre round their necks that we got/accepted.

'kin club.............

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 21:46 - Jan 2 with 5292 viewsconnell10

We just need 3 ffp points deductions in the championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 08:55 - Jan 3 with 4838 viewsslmrstid

Worth remembering Nick does post on this messageboard from time to time before anyone flies into him further

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 09:11 - Jan 3 with 4791 viewsHastings_Hoops

But other than that, everything Dorse wrote is a complete possibility.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 10:23 - Jan 3 with 4674 viewsbosh67

Hardly. I'd argue that Nick is one of the main reasons we didn't go to the wall at the time. We could have faced a Luton style descent. Our current situation is entirely down to poor internal management of the club at the time and in some areas, subsequently.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 10:36 - Jan 3 with 4629 viewsessextaxiboy

I assumed the poster OnlyNico was NDM

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 10:49 - Jan 3 with 4583 viewswombat

has a season tkt at rangers and was at the last few games , was very close to the singing waiter though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 4520 viewsDorse

Not a chance. The wildebeest is injured. It'll be the octopus.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 14:03 - Jan 3 with 4360 viewsSimonD

Nick de Marco managed to get a £42m fine down to £17m. By scheduling payments over 10 years that effectively reduced it's impact even further. I'm not sure dragging it out any longer would have got us a better settlement.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 4334 viewsNorthernr

Be a shame if anybody dragged up The Athletic deep dives on "why it was right for Forest to sign 37 players this transfer window THIS TIME".

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 14:07 - Jan 3 with 4329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I always thought we got away with slaughter.

How we never got a points deduction is beyond me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 14:22 - Jan 3 with 4267 viewsSimonD

A sliding scale of fines were the punishment when we rode roughshod over the FFP rules. They are pretty much off the table now and replaced by points deductions, although no punishment is completely off the table.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 14:24 - Jan 3 with 4242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But there was a threat of a points deduction up until the very last day, wasn't there?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 15:05 - Jan 3 with 4130 viewsSimonD

I can't say I recall that, but my memory isn't what is was.

I'm trying to find the resolution document I downloaded for this where it laid it all out.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 15:21 - Jan 3 with 4056 viewsCroydonCaptJack

100% we were worried about a points deduction. In fact substitute shit scared for worried.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 15:34 - Jan 3 with 4015 viewsTheChef

Yeah properly did my nut in that we'd had the most amazing season in most fans' lifetimes, and it could all have been taken away at the very last.

I mean to save the announcement to the very last day of the season - madness.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 15:55 - Jan 3 with 3969 viewspaulhoop2

Wonder if they have closed the loophole that I’m pretty sure NDM found regarding if you get promoted it’s impossible to get a points deduction as you are no longer governed by the EFL pretty good lawyer in my opinion !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 15:58 - Jan 3 with 3960 viewsHAYESBOY

Can he have a word with them about a spare striker floating about.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 16:23 - Jan 3 with 3893 viewsSimonD

Surely that was the Ale Faurlin affair, not the FFP breach?

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 16:34 - Jan 3 with 3858 viewsNorthernr

Yes, we're conflating two of our recent disasters into the same incident here.

TBF there's so many, it's easy to get confused.

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 3723 viewsngbqpr

Aaaah, the good old days, guns in the boardroom, starting international incidents with China...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 18:13 - Jan 3 with 3667 viewsPhildo

I hope Nick doesn’t turn up at court and find they have signed 11 other barristers

Forest FFP Threat - Nick De Marco appointed on 20:29 - Jan 3 with 3496 viewsHAYESBOY

Jumpers for goal posts...

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024