Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on today's defeat 18:18 - Apr 6 with 2264 viewsbosh67

He's pretty angry and disappointed. They have to turn up for Marti and the fans on Tuesday. I think there will be a lot of honest and open talking after today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's defeat on 19:05 - Apr 6 with 2042 viewsstainrods_elbow

He also says he was culpable for poor preparation.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer on today's defeat on 19:51 - Apr 6 with 1937 viewsManinBlack

All week he was saying we mustn't think we are safe yet the team played as if it didn't matter that much. Looks like they took no notice of his warnings.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:13 - Apr 6 with 1751 viewsMr_Beef

Interesting comments from MC in West London Sport tonight.

“We tried during the whole week to let them understand that this was a very difficult game – probably the most difficult game of the season.

“It looked like Sheffield Wednesday were playing for their lives and unfortunately I was not good enough to convince my players that today we needed that kind of intensity.”

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:16 - Apr 6 with 1745 viewsbosh67

He's done incredibly well generally to bond this squad but they either sometimes don't believe or don't concentrate enough. Just have to get over the line this season and make sure we weed the ones out who can't focus enough and find players that can.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on today's defeat on 21:21 - Apr 6 with 1714 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Taking the blame to take the pressure off the players, most likely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gaffer on today's defeat on 22:16 - Apr 6 with 1547 viewsstainrods_elbow

Shielding the players through clenched teeth, or being counter-culturally blunt about his own rank incompetence? As it's football, who knows?

Gaffer on today's defeat on 22:25 - Apr 6 with 1530 viewsRsinWales

It is such a limited squad that it is hard to know exactly who or what is to blame for a performance like that.

However, I think we could all see that playing risky balls around the back four before our keeper had to kick it long to an isolated Armstrong was never going to work.

There seemed to be very little pattern of play to our attacking, and we didn't change things up enough even when personnel were swapped. Wednesday could see that Chair was the only threatening option, so double-marked him. He responded by trying to work miracles and other than the Anderson chance, we produced nothing.

Wednesday were there for the taking, but we went about it without enough guile.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 22:39 - Apr 6 with 1474 viewssevenhoop

Let’s face it, we are utter toilet at home. We were useless against Rithetham and very luck to win it, against Birmingham lucky to get even a point. So many times today, players got he ball, looking for an out in front of them and no one was showing. Anderson most guilty. Willock is wasted out wide, I’d swap him and Anderson personally. Big overhaul needed in the summer. Would love Acana on last week’s showing, just what we need to link midfield to attack

Not complaining about the manager, I think he’s done an astonishing job

Gaffer on today's defeat on 23:43 - Apr 6 with 1338 viewsMr_Beef

I'm not sure he's shielding the players at all there. He's making it pretty clear that he was telling them all week that it was going to be a tough game and that they'd need to be up for it, but that they didn't manage it.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 00:04 - Apr 7 with 1300 viewsPunteR

We need the new players to step up and give rest a slap. We don't want that old, weak personality creeping back in. This is a bottom half championship team in every way. We are going to lose football matches. Good test of character for the new boys and the manager.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 03:43 - Apr 7 with 1180 viewsstainrods_elbow

What he actually said (with what seems to me self-evidently scathing sarcasm) was that he wasn't good enough to convince them that the game needed a high level of intensity.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 06:51 - Apr 7 with 1088 viewsFDC

Yeah that's straight out of my wife's playbook. "It seems I failed to stop you being such a dick again"

Gaffer on today's defeat on 13:05 - Apr 7 with 833 viewsDamo1962

Are the new guys really the "right sort" to change the mentality though? Not knocking them, but are they really what we need at this t8me.Of course I realise they were brought in at very short notice as well.This team still lacks a couple of real tough players to get us through games...and has done for ages. I hear so many saying that we just get pushed aside by teams with bigger, stronger, faster players. MC and the club need to find the balance between flair and strength.Tough job alright.

Gaffer on today's defeat on 23:06 - Apr 9 with 559 viewsstainrods_elbow

We're 'utter toilet' at home, but the manager's done an 'astonishing' job? Sorry, but could your oxys be any more moronic?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024