Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread 07:48 - Apr 7 with 46042 viewsSpaceman_P

Is a Devonshire pasty better than a Cornish one? too much cider in your glass, too much petrol in your car.

The long trip on a Tuesday night, doesn't sound good on paper, the relegation battle is nigh.

Marti will be fuming and Xavi (the calm before the storm). Serious words will have been had, hopefully heads will have been smacked (not with Ilias' rocks mind).

Sorry Monkey, I am going to take the reigns on this one. You did very well, a great effort, the team let you down yesterday. How can they disrespect both Monkey and Marti in the way they did?

Not feeling too confident with this one, plus I will be working and will miss the stream.

But you know the guys, they do have it in them. But we can't underestimate the Country bumpkins.

Plymuffs 0 - 1 QPR The goal coming from either Willock or Chair, just because they owe us one. Although I would like to see the Danish Messiah finally grab a goal and hopefully resurrect the teams spirits.

tight game!! tighter than discos' prose and tighter than Taylor Richards' agent.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:07 - Apr 9 with 2160 viewsBklynRanger

Looking at the replay it drops unexpectedly to Adomah and he doesn't move his feet quickly enough to react, so 90% Begovich, 10% Albert for me.

But as said Smyth also needed to do far better with both chances - the first was bad enough but the second effort was absolutely criminal at this level in this situation - just knocked it into the keeper's midriff.

Such a lack of composure and quality in the final third - Willock looked far better than any of them when he came on I thought, even in whatever gear he was in. Only way we were seemingly going to score was to bundle one in but sadly not enough to hold on and stagger across the line. More pain, we move on.
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:08]

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:09 - Apr 9 with 2114 viewsSteveB

Funny how we all see games different. I thought Dykes was outstanding & Chair should've been hooked at HT or even earlier. Taking off our Danish Jesus was poor I thought.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:10 - Apr 9 with 2061 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Conversely if you'd been offered 1 point from games against Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth you wouldn't have taken it. The only solace I can draw from tonight is that we went into this round of matches 4 points clear of the relegation zone and we will remain 4 points clear whatever happens tomorrow evening. However, the team has put a lot of pressure on itself to get some points from some tough remaining fixtures. What's in our favour is that quite a few of the teams in and around us play each other over the coming weeks so something has to give.
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:21]

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 1995 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm genuinely struggling to see what Dykes did tonight to merit your assessment of "outstanding".

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 1953 viewsaston_hoop

He wasn't amazing at all, but if Smyth had finished that second half chance then he'd be getting plenty of credit for the assist. Smyth's finishing was a huge part of this game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 1947 viewsStreathamRanger

Dykes was nothing more than okay IMO. He has this weird thing where his first touch is often quite decent then his second, third etc are usually comical.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:16 - Apr 9 with 1868 viewsLogman

We can't go through 90 minutes without someone or another f*cking up. That's why we are where we are. We just have to hope that two other teams below us are equally or more incompetent over the next 4 games

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:17 - Apr 9 with 1842 viewsrbee

The first half was so enthralling that I nodded off and woke up to see Dykes celebrating our goal before it was scored. Amazing!

Therefore I can't really comment but it seemed to be another poor performance from a team that we know can do much better. A lot of nerves out there I think highlighted by so many passes played backwards during the first half.

As we struggle against our fellow strugglers I am happy with a point tonight. Little point dwelling on who was responsible for the dropped two points , he will know better than anyone else and will be sitting in the dressing room feeling like sh1te.

Back up to 16th, 4 points clear, better goal difference, one game less, we go again on Saturday where I think we shall get something.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 1772 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Even if Smyth had scored, Dykes wouldn't have merited a rating of "outstanding". Average, perhaps, but no more. He was anonymous for the whole of the first half and provided some fleeting moments in the second. If that's "outstanding" then folk are easily pleased.
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:20]

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1676 viewsted_hendrix

Why should Hull be on the beach? they'll be a bloody difficult team to get anywhere near.
The Hull fixture will be tough, I cant see us getting anything there, thats what makes tonights f uck up all the more annoying and that's what that was tonight a f uck up.
Once again we have failed to beat a team who like us are at the wrong end of the table at the wrong time of the season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1674 viewsmart_Goblin

If Dykes was outstanding then the bar has dropped so low that we can’t even fit a cigarette paper underneath now.

Honestly, I understand backing players, and not liking criticism of certain players etc etc but there was stuff going on tonight that school teams would get shouted at .
I find myself saying “well played” out loud when we string 3 passes together. It’s not well played, it’s f*cking basics.
I genuinely now can’t wait for this season and torture to end, by the grace of god we’ll have enough points and please please please we’ll have a clear out and hopefully sell a couple to somehow have a tiny budget to spend . We need a huge freshen up .

I’m sorry , this has turned into a rant but I firmly believe we were 5 mins or so from safety .
We now have 4 very tough games so I’m a little annoyed .

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1667 viewsManinBlack

The recurring theme all the time is we miss most chances we do get so while we only have one goal leads to cling onto, extra pressure falls onto the defence and one huge clanger like tonight proves costly. This is what comes from not making the game safe and then nerves and pressure builds in the last quarter of the game.

Another relegation battle and another we didn't win and a record of 6 games against teams who came up from league 1 with no wins and only two goals scored.

Looks like the teams trying to go up are also turning jittery. Can't believe Leicester lost to Millwall, Leeds failed to beat on the beach Sunderland at home, and Norwich blew a two goal lead late on in Sheffield.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 1661 viewsbaz_qpr

Average is being kind, he played one decent pass and had a few decent bits of link up play, he missed sitter from a foot out and his movement and anticipation or even the hunger to get on the end of anything in the box was frankly embarrassing for an "international footballer"

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:24 - Apr 9 with 1647 viewsSherryHoop

So we want the Welsh teams to do us a favour tomorrow.

Cymru am byth

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:27 - Apr 9 with 1568 viewsLblock

I thought Dykes was out there standing around but no more than that

Has he got a driving licence?
If so it needs to be removed.
He couldn’t anticipate and arthritic snail coming towards him let alone any other moving object

The club has some weird Denge Fever going on — shit at both ends

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:28 - Apr 9 with 1527 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Agreed. Frankly, I was being generous given that he set up Smyth for what should've been the opening goal, and he had a hand for the actual opening goal. Other than that, he was anonymous.
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:30]

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:29 - Apr 9 with 1514 viewsCateLeBonR

I think his semi assist against Millwall at home sums up your theory. He gets time for a fourth touch which is equally as good as his first. Second and third touch completely unnecessary.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:30 - Apr 9 with 1481 viewsted_hendrix

That's exactly how I see It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:35 - Apr 9 with 1371 viewsNed_Kennedys

And our sh1t finishing as usual.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:37 - Apr 9 with 1339 viewsBurnleyhoop

In fairness, he had a slightly better game than he normally does. He even looked like he was trying at one point. Hardly outstanding though. Plenty of crosses into the box that he failed to attack or anticipate. Par for the course.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:39 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsrbee

You rant away.

A lot of nerves out there I think contributing to a dour game. The season is nearly over and I think a few players will leave of their own accord. With Profit and Sustainability our budget next season will be far better than this one. This season's transfer windows have been good which bodes well for the future although that search for the elusive decent striker may well continue.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:40 - Apr 9 with 1241 viewscolinallcars

I like the Welsh, good singers y'know.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:40 - Apr 9 with 1239 viewsParkRoyalR

For those who watched the game live Dykes put in a good performance tonight, pressed their defence for the full 95 minutes, forced errors, won possession for Smyth's sitter, won headers and held the ball up very well.

Reason we grew into game + dominated 2nd Half, must start for remaining games as light + day to Sheffield Wednesday performance.

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:41 - Apr 9 with 1220 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I agree he was slightly improved. However, for anyone to suggest that he was "outstanding" is frankly laughable (cue another hissy fit from Esox).
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:43]

Pilgrim and Bare It - Plymouth Vs QPR Match Thread on 22:44 - Apr 9 with 1160 views222gers

Welsh Male voice choirs, Miners' choirs, Charlotte Church, Tom Jones , Burly Chassis….
[Post edited 9 Apr 22:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024