Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Sibley RIP 15:21 - May 11 with 3031 viewsflynnbo

Aged 76 after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2004.

Frank Sibley RIP on 15:28 - May 11 with 2802 viewsterryb

RIP Frank.

A great player, who without the injuries would have been a top half of the top division player.

Frank Sibley RIP on 15:44 - May 11 with 2743 viewsperpignanR

That is very sad. A very good player who played every game as though it were his last.R.I.P

Frank Sibley RIP on 15:52 - May 11 with 2709 viewscolinallcars

RIP Frank

Frank Sibley RIP on 15:55 - May 11 with 2699 viewsmart_Goblin

This is very sad news . Frank was a total gentleman and as well as being a great footballer, a great servant to the club, a Rangers man through and through and the glue that connected Gerry Francis to the players in that fantastic 90’s side .

A REAL club legend . RIP Frank

Frank Sibley RIP on 16:15 - May 11 with 2624 viewspaulparker

I was lucky enough to be coached by Frank for a few sessions back in the late eighties
Old school guy who took no Sh1t, but what a coach , people talk about the Liverpool boot room etc but the likes of Sexton, Venables, Francis and sibley knew the onions and were a head of their time
RIP Frank a proper QPR man

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frank Sibley RIP on 16:26 - May 11 with 2590 viewsted_hendrix

This Is sad news.

I can't remember when he was caretaker Manager for us but way back when his first game In charge was up at bloody Barnsley where we were bloody superb and we ran them ragged, we were walking back to the car with me thinking we're gonna walk this league we didn't. I can't remember why he was replaced or by whom.
As others have quite rightly said he was a great servant to our club.

RIP Frank.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Frank Sibley RIP on 16:26 - May 11 with 2589 viewsbosh67

RIP to a club legend

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frank Sibley RIP on 16:48 - May 11 with 2508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arrow-up for this one, without a doubt. Incredibly sad that a club legend has left us but arrow-up for his massive contribution to our club, without a doubt.

Great to see so many informed tributes already, from ex-players and great fans who witnessed his work first-hand.

A quick google showed up this great LFW post about Frank Sibley from Nadera:

"Nearly 40 years at the club, our youngest ever player, coach, manager, League Cup winner, 5 promotions, his family are all QPR - Frank Sibley is genuinely one of our legendary figures.

I'd like to think that, if the new training ground ever gets built, the club would name the various facilities (pitches, changing rooms, classrooms, media suite, etc, etc) after former personnel - Evelyn Lintott, Wally Draper, Alec Stock, Frank Sibley, Daphne Biggs...the list goes on. Make it appropriate to the person, so the Daphne Biggs classrooms, the Wally Draper Gym, that sort of thing. It would really enhance the club's history and bring it to the attention of every future generation of QPR player. This is us, this is where we come from, who came before us - that should be important to a club like ours."

Beautifully worded, Nadera.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal. RIP.

I have posted this phrase as-Gaeilge down the years many, many times. I'm not religious, but I love the tradition and the history of it. The phrase changes subtly, and I wouldn't expect anyone to notice, but it changes nonetheless. In general it means "To the right (favoured) hand of God be his/her faithful/beautiful/noble/etc soul".

This time I've used the word 'uasal'.
As Gaeilge we spare the usage of the word uasal.
You hold that one back.
It means noble.
There's no higher.

Thanks Mr.Sibley.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Frank Sibley RIP on 16:54 - May 11 with 2460 viewsBoston

That's sad news. Only have a vague recollection of him playing for us but fully aware of his service to the club. Hope it was peaceful.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Frank Sibley RIP on 17:06 - May 11 with 2408 viewslightwaterhoop

Very sad news indeed.Condolences to all his family and friends.Its a shame we have no home game to show our respects that he deserves.

RIP Frank Sibley

Frank Sibley RIP on 17:21 - May 11 with 2322 viewsDWQPR

Never saw him as a player but remember him having the unenviable task of following Dave Sexton as manager. And if I’m correct he is the youngest ever player to play for Rangers as well as being the youngest ever manager. Probably did every job at the club bar chairman.

RIP Frank

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Frank Sibley RIP on 17:24 - May 11 with 2314 viewsfrancisbowles

Great and very respectful post Brian.
Thank you for great service to our club and RIP to a real legend.

Frank Sibley RIP on 18:10 - May 11 with 2188 viewsNed_Kennedys

Thanks for your service over three decades. RIP to a QPR legend.

Frank Sibley RIP on 18:15 - May 11 with 2170 viewsloftus77

Very sad news indeed.

My first QPR manager (1977-78).

RIP Frank Sibley.

Frank Sibley RIP on 18:27 - May 11 with 2127 viewsMonkey_Roots

I went to school with his daughter Gemma, but never met him.

All the very best wishes to his family, RIP.

Frank Sibley RIP on 21:03 - May 11 with 1918 viewsMalintabuk

RIP Frank Sibley

Not the biggest of centre backs but there was a touch of the Bobby Moore about him great reader of the game and gave it his all
A true servant to the club and yes was our youngest ever player....

Frank Sibley RIP on 22:47 - May 11 with 1751 viewspaulparker

Used to see Gemma around a lot in in the 90s , sure she lived in Hillingdon, used to go to a lot of the pubs I knocked around in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frank Sibley RIP on 04:21 - May 12 with 1551 viewsPerth_R

Remember watching Frank Sibley he was as hard as nails and if I remember he had the nickname of the Tank.
RIP frank and thoughts with all family and friends.

Frank Sibley RIP on 10:59 - May 12 with 1357 viewsnadera78

Ah, Brian, it was a fair while ago I wrote that on here. Stand by every word of it though, it's so important we remember the people who contributed so much to Queens Park Rangers FC. I understand why the training ground's been named after the owner's dad, but...

As for beautifully worded, your phrase is perfect.

I let out an audible groan when I saw the news of Frank Sibley's passing yesterday. His 30-odd years at QPR corresponded almost perfectly with the 30-odd years where we had good teams playing good football and we collectively enjoyed a modicum of success and a lot of excitement. He contributed hugely to that, in a variety of roles, and is someone I immediately associate with QPR teams of those decades. RIP

Frank Sibley RIP on 11:24 - May 12 with 1308 viewswestberksr

RIP Frank Sibley and condolences to his friends and family.

a true QPR man through and through; having that disease for 20 years must have been an incredibly tough battle for him and those that cared for him; sleep peacefully Frank

Frank Sibley RIP on 12:18 - May 16 with 836 viewsTacticalR

Tribute to Frank Sibley from the WLS team (last 5 minutes, starts at 29:05)

Air hostess clique

Frank Sibley RIP on 13:01 - May 16 with 762 viewsw7r

One of those who quietly gave wonderful service to the club, as has been suggested elsewhere on the thread would be fitting that the club name something in his memory.

RIP Frank.

Frank Sibley RIP on 14:56 - May 16 with 651 viewsSonofpugwash

Very sad to hear this.Anothe link to our only major trophy gone.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Frank Sibley RIP on 15:40 - May 17 with 412 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/17/frank-sibley-tribute/

A new post on the offy. Fantastic.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Frank Sibley RIP on 17:14 - May 17 with 350 viewskernowhoop

Agreed Hayesboy. Well done QPR. That is a wonderful review of Frank's career.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024