Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes lost the match tonight 22:08 - Oct 1 with 2818 viewsQPR_ARG

Nobody else to blame.

We gifted West Ham 2 goals and 54 minutes before he sent out our best player (yes, he is. I've always said it. Haters should look elsewhere) and we improved with Diakité until he lost his head again.

The minute I saw that lineup, I knew it. And so I posted it on the match thread. Why is it so clear for me to see with an Ocean between me and Loftus Road and so hard for the manager to see it?

No excuses for what we saw today. Absolutely none.

And even less to start the 2nd half without making any changes.

Ridiculous. Hopefully, this is a wake-up call for Hughes. We should never sit Adel Taarabt again.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:14 - Oct 1 with 1757 viewsPizanti

Absolutely p!ss poor right through the team!

Caesar conceding at the near post

Hill & Onouha both poor ...centre backs playing full back what do you expect?

Faurlin & Granero both breathing out their arses and given a Premiership lesson from Noble and Nolan

Cisse ...lazy fcuker!

Park ...what does he offer?

Diakete ...great player but a liability!

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:15 - Oct 1 with 1752 viewsCHUBBS

Hear hear,its almost as if he wants to get sacked with some of the selections and formations he plays.The fact Cisse(who looks like Agyemang) got the full 90 playing like that says it all.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:16 - Oct 1 with 1734 viewsTHEBUSH

Although to be fair, Taarabt has been injured, so not available before today's game.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:19 - Oct 1 with 1701 viewsadhoc_qpr

West ham flood the box with players, we rarely have two players on the box.

Hughes got it badly wrong, Big Sam far superior manager today.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:22 - Oct 1 with 1670 viewsQPR_ARG

I disagree with criticism of Granero and Faurlín and also that of Cissé.

Granero and Faurlín are key to our season. It happens that they need help on the left and the right. And they are not getting any from SWP and Park. See how we changed and how we were able to hold on to the ball a little bit when Adel came on.

A shame we were already trailing, because those three playing without any urgency can really give many teams a head-ache.

Cissé? He knows where the goal is. Provide him with service (hello SWP and Park!) and see him score. He's done it everywhere he's played. Even at QPR (with little to no service at times).

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:22 - Oct 1 with 1668 viewstonyQPR

we are inthis division because of cissee goals fact.....whos back can we jump on next?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:22 - Oct 1 with 1659 viewsBklynRanger

Look Adel is not the messiah but yes, he should've started at home against West Ham.

I've defended MH for how he uses SWP against the big teams but doing it again tonight wasn't sensible at all.

And Ale was far too deep for most of the match. Far better to let him and Granero try to control the middle together than have Granero ahead of him and Ale trying to thread passes through.

Fcukshitbollox

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:27 - Oct 1 with 1614 viewsJamie

Second goal flicked off Mbia. Cesar went fcking ballistic at him for not being stronger.

Personally thought Faurlin was poor tonight but understandable as he's feeling his way back.

Diakite is just unstable.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:30 - Oct 1 with 1587 viewsCHUBBS

Listen Tony i'm not digging at Cisse cos i think he is a fantastic player but he's clearly well off form atm yet MH gives him the 90,don't understand that.He should have replaced him with Mackie just to give us the work rate and physical aggression we clearly lacked.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:33 - Oct 1 with 1548 viewsCharlie1

I'm on train home, just left loftus road.

Take the Argie blinkers off please. Entire team was poor first half. End of.
Hughes takes the blame for that.

Doubt Adel was fit for 90.

2:59 baby!

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:34 - Oct 1 with 1537 viewstonyQPR

fair enough but he isnt going to gain any form or confidence on the bench. there was a few who should of came off before jib

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:42 - Oct 1 with 1500 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes got that so badly wrong it was embarrassing and it was evident from 5 minutes in that we were getting out numbered in central midfield and we had no one capable out wide to give us an out ball it took 55 minutes I cannot believe Park was not hooked at half time. Wrong formation wrong wide players but why did it take so long to change

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:44 - Oct 1 with 1489 viewsCharlie1

Hoilet for Cisse

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:45 - Oct 1 with 1473 viewsCharlie1

Because hes so stubborn

Losing patience. This prem lark is expensive and utter turgid from Hughes tonight. Again.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 22:50 - Oct 1 with 1464 viewsBrazilNutR

Adel is by far our best player..both entertainment wise and ability wise.. in a game like that, i was initially thinking maybe he wasn't suited to the type of game..won't get space..but he is so good..creates space, is by far and away the best passer of the ball..has an unbelievable touch and control of the football.. and great vision.. Has to play every game if fit...

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:02 - Oct 1 with 1411 viewsgobbles

I thought the biggest problem was Granero and Faurlin, who were totally shown up. We were overrun in midfield and the number of misplaced passes from Faurlin, especially, was unreal.
Also neither seemed to play any passes forwards. They just knocked it back and wide, forcing Nelsen to doing most passes.
We can't play that system unless we have two pacey full-backs who get forward.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:06 - Oct 1 with 1378 viewsCHUBBS

Either one would have been better than a lifeless looking Cisse.Its amazing how a striker can look so poor when their confidence is low!

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:08 - Oct 1 with 1345 viewsAndyB

I thought the problem tonight is what it's been most of the season.
Defence, Midfield, fwds - but no continuity between them. Faurlin and Granero were too deep and there was a fecking great big hole between them and Zamora and Cisse.
Didn't stretch West Ham at all really. Cisse lookds shot of confidence - didn't get caught offside but noticably, was not on the pace of any balls coming through. (injury niggle?)
And we got bullied off the ball all over the shop - Cisse and midfield ceded posession far too easily.
Tarabt and Diakite come on and both kept the ball. If only Diakite had a brain cos we lost all confidence gained from our goal, once he was sent -off.

Still not sure about Cesar either. Bordering on genius and absolute gash at times.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:08 - Oct 1 with 1345 viewsantoknee64

Would like to defend Hill as Park offered no support on the left and he also doesnt look fit and no leadership.
Nelson & Mbia did okay against a strong attacking team.
Onuoha was so slow,passing shocking,no ability to turn defence into attack,cant remeber him setting SWP up for an attack.
Half-time MH should of gone 3-5-2,Park & Onuoha off Hoillett and Tarrabt on.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:08 - Oct 1 with 1337 viewsJonDoeman

"Hughes lost the match tonight"

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:09 - Oct 1 with 1333 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I watched it in a pub mostly with my boss, we looked a different team after the subs.
Then the sending off which of course changed the dynamics.

Adel has to start the next game. Just my opinion.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:10 - Oct 1 with 1322 viewsBklynRanger

I think that last sentence might be 'part' of the problem. It was as if Hughes wanted to stick with that system even if the players weren't there to do it.

Clint Hill was in West Ham's box 2 or 3 times in that first half which just didn't make sense or offer the right balance imo. Nedum is not a RB but again was being asked to play like Bosingwa plays.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:20 - Oct 1 with 1255 viewsNov77

I haven't criticised Hughes until now, but that was fcking terrible managment tonight.
We're playing at home in a game we need to win and our two most creative attacking players, adel and Hoilett, are getting splinters in their arse sitting on the bench.
I said to my friend at half time, diakite, adel and Hoilett on for park, Swp and Cisse, and what does Hughes do when it so obiviously wasn't working? Nothing!
We were actually worse in the opening ten minutes of the second half than we were in the first half.
It's all very well playing park and Swp for their defensive contribution, but when you're two nil down and it clearly ain't working you have to change it.
Hoilett got given 8 minutes.
Adel was best player against Swansea and got dropped.
Hoilett was best player against Reading and he gets dropped.

Can't stick up for Hughes after tonight, piss poor.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:23 - Oct 1 with 1242 viewsingeminate

Mark Hughes team selection tonight was abysmal.

West Ham are a physical side who will press the ball.

We attempted to play through them without ever playing a ball behind them, we didn't stretch them and they held their defensive line with ease.

We didn't pull them out of position, we were out muscled and out-fought.

What we needed was to play attacking players who would take a man on, make space and commit their fairly average defense. Players who had the skill to turn, trick and stop them playing so tightly.

It was spell bindingly obvious from about the 12th minute he needed to change it around.

How he didn't make changes at half time God only knows.

When he finally got around to making them it changed the game.

Hughes today (and I'm saying just today) you were a f%ckin* moron.

Don't do it again.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:25 - Oct 1 with 1225 viewsVish

Agree with that. Worrying thing is that MH clearly thought the same XI should start the second half. Not sure how many can agree with that.

Poor management today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024