Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread 15:15 - Aug 29 with 331 viewsspell_chekker

The squad has been announced for the two home matches against Bulgaria on 7th September and Kosovo on 10th September.

SQUAD:

Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton (Aston Villa), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Leicester), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Maddison (Leicester), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool), Declan Rice (West Ham), Harry Winks (Tottenham)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Callum Wilson (Bournemouth)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49507247

I notice that Walker has been left out.

Why?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 15:18 - Aug 29 with 329 viewsspell_chekker

Table as it stands: played / goal difference / points

England 2 / 9 / 6
Czech Rep 3 / -1 / 6
Kosovo 3 / 1 / 5
Montenegro 4 / -7 / 2
Bulgaria 4 / -2 / 2

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 17:55 - Aug 29 with 318 viewsLala

Wouldn’t know about Walker, not too knowledgeable on football outside of the Pool !

Am a fan of Trippier though so will have a watch and see how we are looking.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 18:08 - Aug 29 with 316 viewsspell_chekker

Trippier (born in Bury) had a good world cup and now plays for Atlético Madrid.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 18:12 - Aug 29 with 311 viewsLala

Hey was my stand out player in the world cup for us Spell 👍

Looking forward to watching a bit off national footie again next year so will catch the odd qualifier to get me in the mood.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 12:36 - Sep 7 with 296 viewsspell_chekker

England Have Plenty to Prove - Southgate

Gareth Southgate says England still have "everything to prove" as they look to build on last year's impressive run to the World Cup semi-finals.

The Three Lions play Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bulgaria at Wembley on Saturday and then Kosovo at St Mary's next Tuesday.

Victories in both those games would make qualification for next year's tournament a near formality.

"We have got to take care of qualification," said Southgate.

"We have everything to prove in terms of world rankings. We are competitive against any team, but any team is capable of beating us.

"We have to strive to improve the mentality of the team, they are hungry to do that. We want to push each other every day in training and take those performances onto the field."

England are top of Group A following wins against the Czech Republic and Montenegro.

Team news

Midfielder Jessie Lingard is a doubt for Saturday's game with illness, which could mean a first cap for Chelsea forward Mason Mount.

A back problem has already ruled out right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Lingard's Manchester United team-mate.

However, Southgate says he is happy with the strength in depth of his squad.

"The competition for places is a great thing for us," he said. "As a coach, that's an enjoyable problem to have."

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 12:38 - Sep 7 with 295 viewsspell_chekker

The FA match preview

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-seniors/fixtures-results/england-v-bulgaria#t-

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 12:39 - Sep 7 with 294 viewsspell_chekker

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 18:30 - Sep 7 with 286 viewsLala

Well looking good.

Was this the kind of score line expected?

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 18:45 - Sep 7 with 281 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Noticed Kosovo had gone top before our match!

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 04:15 - Sep 8 with 272 viewsspell_chekker

The top 2 go through, so if we beat Kosovo we've more or less qualified.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 11:38 - Sep 10 with 254 viewsspell_chekker

Is anyone watching tonight?

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 11:55 - Sep 10 with 250 viewsspudgun

Nope, England qualifying internationals interest me not a jot...

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 13:18 - Sep 10 with 239 viewsLala

I may do, if Holbys not up to scratch

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 14:08 - Sep 10 with 234 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'll be watching, if only to make sure no one in my Fantasy League Team picks up a knock.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 14:08]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 19:30 - Sep 10 with 225 viewsspell_chekker

I was a bit like Spud and, after so many let downs, wouldn't have bothered watching at all.

What Southgate and the team have does is to rearouse of my interest, especially for the tournament matches.

I read a statistic that England haven't lost a qualifier since 2009. It takes some of the enjoyment away when there are too many non-matches.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 19:50 - Sep 10 with 219 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I quite like seeing players I've never heard of.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 217 viewsspell_chekker

Ha.

Switched on and it's 1-0 Kosovo.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 216 viewsspell_chekker

1-1 immediately.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 20:36 - Sep 10 with 208 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nice to see us kill a game off by half time. 5 - 1

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 20:47 - Sep 10 with 205 viewsspell_chekker

5-1 is it?

I'd lost count.

I'll leave it on for the second half.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 202 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Just to prove my previous post was rubbish... now 5 - 3

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 21:15 - Sep 10 with 200 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Crazy match, Kane misses penalty.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 196 viewsROTTWEILERS

They remind me of us in the Prem

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 21:43 - Sep 10 with 194 viewsspell_chekker

A decent second half that.

Glad I stuck with it.

The Euro 2020 Qualifiers Thread on 21:50 - Sep 10 with 192 viewsspell_chekker

The table after this latest round of matches:

England P4 / GD 15 / Pts 12
Czech Rep P5 / GD 1 / Pts 9
Kosovo P5 / GD 0 / Pts 8
Montenegro P5 / GD -10 / Pts 2
Bulgaria P5 / GD -6 / Pts 2

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024