Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Grayson: Blackpool could be my last management role 10:04 - Apr 7 with 100 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Former Blackpool boss Simon Grayson has admitted he is yet to make his mind up whether he wants to return to management.

It followed a run of just one win in 12 games, which saw Pool slump from the play-off spots to the bottom half of the table in just a couple of months.

Having managed for 15 years, Grayson’s second stint in the managerial hotseat on the Fylde coast was his seventh coaching job.

Appearing recently on the EFL’s official podcast, Grayson was asked if he has a burning desire to return to management.

“I don’t know,” was his response. “When you get to 50 you think to yourself, ‘Do you want the pressure of management again?’

“On the other side of that, you’re thinking you probably do because it’s all you’ve ever known and you do miss the buzz of being on the training ground with the players, matchday situations, the highs and lows.

“The experiences I’ve had over the last few years show how it’s changed dramatically in terms of social media, the pressure and the timespan you’re given — or not given — and the instant results people are wanting.

“It puts extra pressure on everybody connected with the football industry.

“I’ve had a good hit at it, but in terms of what will happen in the future we will see what happens.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/simon-grayson-bla

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Simon Grayson: Blackpool could be my last management role on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 88 viewsspudgun

`Football manager`s manual` page 37.

Following your second or third sacking, feign dwindling interest/burn-out/`do I need the pressure`, before bouncing back `recharged` and looking for a `project`.

Rinse and continue to repeat until all managerial options are exhausted.

Then look for job on media bandwagon with `Arry...

Simon Grayson: Blackpool could be my last management role on 12:51 - Apr 7 with 83 viewsImperial

A good reason to not look back when choosing managers. Revere them for past success and allow them their place of honour but do not reappoint them.

Simon Grayson: Blackpool could be my last management role on 17:58 - Apr 7 with 75 viewsspell_chekker

I must admit, when it was made I thought Grayson was a good appointment.

I tried my best to back him 'till the end, just out of blind loyalty.

What a terrible stint in charge it was. Glad he's gone.

Other than that, as long as he doesn't contract the coronavirus or have some such misfortune, I couldn't give two hoots what he does.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024