Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My New Job 08:45 - Sep 11 with 213 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Coronavirus: Confusion over 'COVID marshals' who will have no power to fine or arrest

The "powerless" marshals will likely only guide and advise the public on current rules and it's not clear how they'll be funded.

Many police officers are "absolutely baffled" about the role and powers of the government's new "COVID-19 marshals", according to a senior policing representative.

Ken Marsh, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Federation, said the marshals would make little difference if they were not able to enforce coronavirus laws.

Sky News has been told that there are no plans to give the marshals power to arrest those not complying with stricter rules around social gatherings.

The prime minister announced on Wednesday that the marshals would "boost the local enforcement capacity" as he set out new laws to restrict most types of gatherings to groups of six.

But the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government has now confirmed there are no plans to give the marshals power to issue fines.

A spokeswoman said they would probably wear high-visibility clothing to support members of the public, offering guidance on the new rules around the size of social gatherings and advice on the likes of COVID-secure one-way systems.

Many local authorities already employ street or neighbourhood wardens to patrol areas prone to high levels of anti-social behaviour, with some councils now re-tasking them with extra responsibilities around COVID-19.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-confusion-over-covid-marshals-who-will-ha

As long as I get a badge, hat, (spud)gun, etc.. I'm happy

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

My New Job on 08:58 - Sep 11 with 208 viewsspudgun

Haha!

That`s pretty much my week end garb when there is a local hoedown/sacrifice.

Another hollow government initiative that will have no impact whatsoever, and has not been discussed other that among the confidantes in Room 38.

But I don`t expect such misfires with the "Moonshot" though.

That certainly isn`t a whimsical fantasy, hurriedly scribbled five minutes before a briefing on the back of a cigarette packet, which also has a woman`s phone number scrawled on it in bright red lipstick...

My New Job on 10:47 - Sep 11 with 202 viewsspell_chekker

Can I have my fag packet back?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

My New Job on 10:54 - Sep 11 with 201 viewsspell_chekker

This initiative makes me think of the receptionist at work.

This once pleasant and easygoing woman has been given 'covid prefect' status - basically the authority to nag and peck away at you when snapping out her covid orders while occupying the high moral ground.

She is now important, somebody, and she loves it.

It'll be the same with these new wardens. There'll be loads of little hitler jobsworths knocking about.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

My New Job on 14:00 - Sep 11 with 189 viewsspudgun

Somebody came in our place and ignored all the protocol and signs and marched into the office to speak to someone. When challenged he came on all `Big Vern` claiming it was a hoax and he would never adhere to any restrictions.

Haven`t a problem anyone believing what they want, but he showed a lack of respect to the staff. Could have done with a marshal or two. With tasers....
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 14:00]

My New Job on 09:55 - Sep 12 with 156 viewsImperial

Working from home has been my normal for a number of years. I do not miss face to face interactions with either colleagues or customers and consider myself fortunate that I rarely come into contact with the moronic IQ deficient idiot described by Spud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024