Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
has anyone seen... 21:39 - Sep 29 with 1896 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

… that thread about Jimmy Armfield on the old board?

A new low for some people I didn't think could sink any further. It's a poor state of affairs when a Leeds fan is the spokesman for decent and fair play on a thread like that. Every credit to him, by the way.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

has anyone seen... on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 1555 viewsWizaard

I started to draft a response this afternoon and then thought better of it. It's a waste of time in the current febrile atmosphere on there. No debate, no reasoned thinking, just a reiteration of the same theme.

Anything else just isn't tolerated.

has anyone seen... on 22:02 - Sep 29 with 1551 viewsBigbrother

That Owain_Glyndr is one of the mods now over there - what a sad and sorry state of affairs - mob rule sadly.

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

has anyone seen... on 22:09 - Sep 29 with 1544 viewsWizaard

For what it's worth, I have no issue at all with O G. Think he's got a bit of a poisoned chalice with that job.

The Mods' job on there must be a nightmare at the moment, as you can guarantee that people are putting plenty of libelous stuff on there in the name of freedom of speech.

has anyone seen... on 22:10 - Sep 29 with 1544 viewsribble

Same here, Wiz. Must have been two or three lines into a response defending Sir Jim before aborting on the grounds of self preservation. There is no middle ground on that board anymore, sadly.

has anyone seen... on 22:37 - Sep 29 with 1513 viewsjanegallagher

Just had a look, words fail. Still a few decent individuals on that thread BFC, plumbs and 20s

We’ve got Simon Sadler

has anyone seen... on 22:46 - Sep 29 with 1506 viewsMr_Brightside

Ribble, Wizz, Robbie, Jane - what i find so sad is that it would appear all the old guard and those with any sort of respect or morals seem to have been shunted to one side in favour of this mob mentality. I go to games with 3 other lads, we're Blackpool fans and we've now moved from the South partly because I received some homophobic abuse and partly because a mate was spat on for not 'standing up if you hate Oyston'.

What was once a pleasurable experience has now become a pretty soulless one - we're in the East, we can 'enjoy' the football but I do feel that what was once my club has been lost to a bunch of mindless thugs (and don't mistake this for having a go at BST or the anti-Oyston supporters - I'm talking here about horrible louts who now seem to have spread their vile views on to quite a few others).
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 22:47]

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

has anyone seen... on 22:56 - Sep 29 with 1496 viewsAVFTTConvert

Sorry to read that M_B - no one should receive that abuse - of course the heart of this lies with frustrations with the O's and what he has done in effect is tear the crowd apart. Compare this to what we all went through in the Prem. That said, to bring Jimmy Armfield's name in to it is about as low as anyone could go.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

has anyone seen... on 23:06 - Sep 29 with 1486 viewsribble

Sorry to hear about your issues in the South, Mr B. Things are pretty dire at the moment but there is no excuse for that sort of behavior.

has anyone seen... on 23:15 - Sep 29 with 1481 viewstangerinehad

they still love me on there

"fire"!!!!!

has anyone seen... on 23:22 - Sep 29 with 1476 viewsPlumbs

Its 'the' Leeds fan.

I hope no-one mentions me breaking my nose by walking into the glass doors at Waterloo station on Saturday evening.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

has anyone seen... on 00:12 - Sep 30 with 1454 viewshertfordseasider

It was Avery poor thread and one I came out of reading when I saw the disgusting attitude to a true legend.

I still think that this swiping at each other, old v new is a bit pathetic. Supporter turning against supporter, it is just another sign of how horribly wrong the club is and there seems to be no end in sight.

Pretty fed up with the whole thing, it is rotten. I think a few will just call it a day soon, football club, message boards, everything, the enjoyment has gone completely and at the end that is what this should be about, enjoyment. Nothing wrong with debate but everyone is so toxic and jumpy now and I include myself in that at times, it shouldn't be like that, but it is a sign of the BFC times, it is an unhappy place to be round.

has anyone seen... on 08:01 - Sep 30 with 1407 viewswespens

Totally agree Hert and don't even think it's a case of old v new - I just think some have now become so obsessed with the O's that they've lost all common sense. Strange all those years ago when it was the D&G Brigade v the optomists (can't remember what they were called then!). It's always been there .. has just now got out of control.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

has anyone seen... on 08:37 - Sep 30 with 1390 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't think it's a question of "old v new" Pete. It would have been wrong, wherever it was posted.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

has anyone seen... on 08:53 - Sep 30 with 1375 views1953Original

Agree with Basil and Wes - there's a lot of talk about old v new but at the end of the day we're all Blackpool fans who like to talk about our club. I don't use Twitter and so am unaware of what is said on there and I stopped using the old site when it became a breeding ground for unpleasantness towards fellow fans and those who couldn't defend themselves.

For me it is another example of people who aren't good enough to clean Jimmy's boots using a great old man to have another dig at the Oyston's and it is appalling.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

has anyone seen... on 10:02 - Sep 30 with 1356 viewsthebigone

They're defending it by saying he should be more outspoken and he's in the O's pocket but I don't think that's the issue - it's the fact his name is even being mentioned and his motives questioned which appalls me. Written by sad people living sad lives who'll never achieve anything.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

has anyone seen... on 10:39 - Sep 30 with 1343 viewsLytham_FY8

The board is that bad that you all still read it religously it would seem.

It's a debate and there's as many voices against the OP as for, BFC x 3, 20s, Tikataka to name a few. If you disagree also I suggest you contribute on it, seems a bit pointless being catty over here,
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 10:42]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

has anyone seen... on 11:36 - Sep 30 with 1306 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

I rarely look at the old message board now, no need really as we all know about the tone and lack of reasonable discussion, but prompted by this thread I did. It's scarcely credible that JA's integrity is called into question, someone who represents all that was good with football and who has lived an exemplary life, by a bunch of no-marks hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum.

How very sad that the ridiculous actions (or is that inaction?) of the Chairman should lead to idiots targeting someone like Jimmy Armfield.

has anyone seen... on 11:49 - Sep 30 with 1294 viewshertfordseasider

Robbie, I don't think I put it very clearly, I was trying to keep the things separate. The JA thread, which is just ludicrous, he is an ambassador for the club and a very good one, he should stay well out of everything.

The old v new thing was not to do with that, it was just a general observation. As I have said before, it is a shame the board didn't move over in its entirity when it happened the split was abad thing, but then again, had it just been here then this place would be awash with those you don't seem to want here.

I still think one AVFTT would be better.

has anyone seen... on 13:40 - Sep 30 with 1215 viewsseasider81

Or people could try Back Henry Street, a proper football forum and the only one owned by Blackpool fans. Support your local community ;)

has anyone seen... on 16:57 - Sep 30 with 1160 viewsWizaard

Hope it hasn't spoilt your good looks

has anyone seen... on 17:16 - Sep 30 with 1145 viewsOld_Laytonian

But you would have deleted the thread Robbie thus preventing us from seeing what knobs some fans are

has anyone seen... on 17:32 - Sep 30 with 1134 views20togo

don't worry, I've got them off topic now.

It's "let's bash bsa again". I can cope with that. Pretty easily really.

has anyone seen... on 17:49 - Sep 30 with 1123 viewsCurryman

I would guess that the majority of them have never seen him, met him or seen him play, to them he is just the name of an old player who for asome reason has a statue outside the ground. Therfore any respect thay should have for the man is not there.

Some of the things that have been said make me feel ashamed to be a Blackpool fan.

Well done Plumber just watch the galss door on the way out.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

has anyone seen... on 17:57 - Sep 30 with 1116 viewstonysoprano

And now , it seems , some on that board think it is a good idea to try to ruin weddings being held at Quernmore? by disrupting it because they dare to use an Oyston venue !

has anyone seen... on 20:35 - Sep 30 with 1048 viewsPlumbs

The fan mail levels have remained consistent...

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024