Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Would You Do? 14:10 - May 20 with 226 viewsspell_chekker

A French guy has been on a life support machine since a road accident left him like a vegetable 11 years ago.

A court decision means he's having his life suport turned off.

As far as I can remember his wife wanted to unplug him a few years ago but his parents refused.

I really don't know how I feel about these things and understand both the unplugging and the agruements for maintaining life.

Poor guy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48307272

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

What Would You Do? on 14:41 - May 20 with 220 viewsspudgun

All I know is that if I had the misfortunate to be in that terrible position I would want it turning off. Absolutely 100%...

What Would You Do? on 14:50 - May 20 with 218 viewsHannibal

Yes me too, I think we should have these discussions with family and friends. Wives/husbands particularly about a what if scenario. When I or my wife aren’t functioning as we are anymore we don’t carry on. That’s the agreement. I fear someone making another decision for me and leaving me like that. When it’s over it’s over.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:51 - May 20 with 204 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:38 - May 21 with 186 viewsspell_chekker

There's been another twist in the story.

After the life support had been turned off, a few hours after, and the victim (Vincent Lambert) was slowly dying, his parents' lawyers won an appeal and it was all switched on again.

This is all against the wishes of his wife and other family members. His mother appears to be the driving force.

There's all sorts involved - The European Court of Human Rights, UN Committees, Appeal Courts, and families torn apart.

It's been going on for a few years.

Poor Vincent is being batted around like a ping pong ball. What would he have thought?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48344426
[Post edited 21 May 2019 12:41]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024