Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Away Days 17:32 - May 13 with 166 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Preston North End, Doncaster Rovers and Exeter City have been recognised as offering the best away days in the EFL this season.

Over 1.5million away fans attended matches across the 2018/19 EFL campaign, a third consecutive season that figure has been surpassed.

The EFL Away Fan Experience Campaign measures the experiences of genuine away fans, gathered from visits spanning across all 72 EFL Clubs, in order to recognise the top performers in each division.

Fans are asked to report back on a number of touchpoints ranging from information and first impressions; to quality of refreshments and the inside the stadium experience. The feedback assists Clubs in their ongoing efforts to enhance the matchday experience and levels of engagement for visiting fans across the EFL.

Across this season’s visits many Clubs received praise for the quality of staff engagement and stewarding, pre-match SLO interaction, ability to enjoy mixed fanzones and refreshment facilities, as well as the atmosphere and unrestricted views on offer once inside the stadium.

Championship winners Preston North End’s excellent away fan guide provided detailed information for away supporters travelling to Deepdale, whilst also outlining their rich history. They received praise for their staff engagement, social media content and the overall friendly welcome from all associated with the Club.

League One winning Club Doncaster Rovers received significant praise for their away supporters’ family zone, and were commended for having a genuine understanding of travelling fans, and staff being accommodating and engaging throughout the matchday experience.

Exeter City led the way in League Two with away assessors describing the welcome they received as ‘one of the best they had experienced at an away ground’. A family-friendly atmosphere was created with the use of excellent facilities for supporters of all ages, with their fan liaison staff highly praised for collectively demonstrating great passion and enthusiasm for the Club.

In recognising the awards, Shaun Harvey, EFL Chief Executive, said: “The atmosphere and friendly rivalries created by those fans travelling up and down the country to support their Club undoubtedly enhances the matchday experience for all supporters.

“It’s that passion, tribalism and wanting to play a tangible part in the outcome that really sets football apart from other sports and we are proud that the away fan experience continues to grow from strength to strength across the whole of the EFL.

“For the third consecutive season we have seen over 1.5million away-day match tickets sold. That only further emphasises the fantastic work EFL Clubs are doing, week in, week out, to continually attract significant numbers of supporters through turnstiles.”

The Football Supporters’ Federation have collaborated with the EFL in researching and supporting the work around the Away Fan Experience Campaign, and Deputy Chief Executive David Rose is keen to pay tribute to those supporters who passionately follow their Club week-in-week-out, but also the Clubs for continually providing a positive matchday experience.

He said: "The FSF welcome anything that encourages clubs to focus on how they treat away fans and are delighted the EFL have once again recognised the efforts of those clubs that go the extra mile.

“We hope that by shining a light on these great examples that more clubs will be inspired to provide a welcoming experience for some of football's most committed supporters."

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/top-efl-away-days-revealed

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Top Away Days on 17:46 - May 13 with 158 viewsImperial

Crystal Palace were my favourite away visit. They always made my boys feel welcome. They looked forward to running on to the pitch before the game. Not many clubs allowed that even then. The hospitality in the club bar was also sporting.

Barnsley and Tranmere rate as the worst in my opinion.

Top Away Days on 18:36 - May 13 with 149 viewsspell_chekker

On one of my visits to Deepdale, the turnstile operator took my money and then wouldn't let me through, saying that I hadn't paid.

I had to pay a second time to get in.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Top Away Days on 18:41 - May 13 with 145 viewsHannibal

I wouldn’t have paid a second time. World War 3 would have erupted.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Top Away Days on 18:44 - May 13 with 142 viewsspell_chekker

I had to control myself but realised I wasn't on a winner.

The turnstile operator in his secure cage, I was wedged up against the turnstile, the police an arm's length away.

I'd have been given short shrift as a Blackpool trouble maker.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Top Away Days on 18:55 - May 13 with 136 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remember once at Dumpdale they brought the mounted police onto the away end. Total act of stupidity that could have gone horribly wrong.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Top Away Days on 19:01 - May 13 with 133 viewsHannibal

Yeah, I get that spell. Sometimes it’s too difficult to change the situation. It’s designed that way.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Top Away Days on 21:46 - May 13 with 125 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

For me the pre-requisites are a good selection of pubs and a ground not too far from the train station.

So Norwich, the two Nottinghams, the two Sheffields and Wigan score well.

Scunny, Coventry and Yeovil don't.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Top Away Days on 21:53 - May 13 with 121 viewsjanegallagher

Tell you what was a fabulous away day, Peterborough in 2009. Pub next to the canal, (charters) glorious sunny day and a win. Nobody wanted to leave the stadium after the game.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 21:55]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Top Away Days on 22:01 - May 13 with 113 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Blimey Jane, I was there as well.

Top Away Days on 22:12 - May 13 with 108 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If I rule out the actual result of the match.

Good Away Days

Brentford, Nottingham (same reasons as BRR, & I like the city) and Lincoln.

Worst

Anywhere in the North East (except Hartlepool), Millwall and Walsall spring to mind.

Top Away Days on 22:41 - May 13 with 93 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I forgot Brentford. I agree.

Millwall is good nowadays as you can drink at London Bridge without any aggravation and then train it in. Shrewsbury used to be ace, until they moved. Derby is pretty good.

That article was right about Exeter. Good place to go.

Top Away Days on 22:42 - May 13 with 93 viewsspell_chekker

I've never been one for making a day of it.

Any aways have always been uniquely for the football. Get to the ground, watch the match, leave.

I've never associated drinking or going for a pint with football matches either. They've always been 2 completely separate activities for me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024