Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fitness Clique 12:33 - May 21 with 188 viewsspell_chekker

I fell I need to keep up with your step counts etc.

I'm still going great guns at the gym and am getting a bit fitter.

I've noticed recently that my heart rate has come down which is a good sign (I think!).

The exercise bikes have sensors that measure your pulse rate and you get a read out of data when you've finished pedalling.

I go on he bikes at the before and after a decent work out. The final session on the bike shows my heart rate to be a very stable 95 - 97 bpm. Previously, under the same conditions it was 103 - 105, spiking occasionally in the 120s (yikes).

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Fitness Clique on 17:16 - May 21 with 167 viewsspudgun

Impressive stuff, spell; I do like the feeling of well being and structure going to a gym gives you.

Since I suffered a neck injury nearly 12 months ago I`ve done very little gym work - as it aggravates it - but I have religiously done 10,000+ steps a day.

Started doing some serious stretching work over the last couple of weeks, and am going to step it up in the next few weeks if I don`t get a reaction.

I do feel better for going in the gym, even though I lift half of what I used to!

Fitness Clique on 17:43 - May 21 with 158 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

As a matter of interest, what is other people's resting heart rate? Mine is 51/52 bpm, and my family think that is quite slow.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fitness Clique on 17:51 - May 21 with 157 viewsImperial

My gym membership comes with 20% discount in the bar and restaurant. I have been to the club MANY times.

Fitness Clique on 17:55 - May 21 with 154 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No idea actually about my heart rate, which is quite shocking really. Think I'm a bit scared of knowing really.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fitness Clique on 18:01 - May 21 with 149 viewsspell_chekker

Exercising your right arm at the bar!!

I've not idea what my resting heart rate is. I'll check it out the next time I go to the gym.

I'd have thought 50 something is more of a sleeping heart rate.

Here's a BMI calculator. I'm in the middle of the green with a score of 23 -

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Fitness Clique on 18:18 - May 21 with 140 viewsspudgun

51/52 is borderline moribund. Normal people have a resting rate of 60 to 90 bpm.

Hope that helps...

Fitness Clique on 18:21 - May 21 with 137 viewsspell_chekker

On the other hand, it's comparable to the heart rate of an Olympic athlete.

Fitness Clique on 18:29 - May 21 with 128 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I feel quite Olympian today.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fitness Clique on 12:10 - May 23 with 97 viewsspell_chekker

I measured my heart rate today and following very light activity it was at 68 bpm.

If I had been flat out on the settee for 10 mins it could possibly drop a couple of beats.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024