Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zamora no new contract 08:56 - May 28 with 8468 viewsbeeeater

According to todays Metro not getting a new contact. Shame after Saturday and surely a good second half impact player.
Zamora no new contract on 08:58 - May 28 with 5154 viewsbeeeater

Bloody predictive text. Should be contract.
Zamora no new contract on 08:59 - May 28 with 5147 viewsMaggsinho

My heart says give him another year, my head says £50k a week is too much for a player that can't last 90 minutes and can only be used as an impact player with 20 or 30 minutes left so probably the right decision if true.

But, what a way to finish his career at Rangers!
Zamora no new contract on 09:03 - May 28 with 5104 viewswestberksr

if they had given him longer it would have to be on drastically reduced wages and bonuses based on fitness. the game, and club, have moved on since he arrived.

bit of a shame but the fella ain't going to be eating 'value' baked beans anytime soon.
Zamora no new contract on 09:08 - May 28 with 5069 viewsN12Hoop

Bobby must realise that he cannot play 90 mins a game for a whole season and it would be a desperate Premiership team who offers him a stupid contract. I think we should offer him another year on a moderate wage. If he stays fit he is a phenomenal impact sub to have on the bench.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Zamora no new contract on 09:13 - May 28 with 5042 viewsLblock

Not sure how much of a focal & vocal character he is in the dressing room - I'd only keep him if he's central to the spirit and band of brothers.

After a couple of terrible years and pitiful goal return on wages & transfer fee he owed us that goal and those last few really decent cameo appearances. They alone mean I will wish him no malice and every success from hereon in. Just not with us UNLESS he is one of the aforesaid central motivators

Good luck Ohhhh Bobby Zamora

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Zamora no new contract on 09:13 - May 28 with 5052 viewskingsburyR

Low weekly wage with bonuses or pay as you play type deal.

Is a great impact sub and would be useful next season if he kept the form of the last two months.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Zamora no new contract on 09:18 - May 28 with 5030 viewseghamranger

Offer him a 80% pay cut as he doesn't normally play 80% of the time. With a goal bonus and a bonus if we win the fa cup or get into Europe. If he likes us that much who wouldn't.
Who on here wouldn't like £10k a week for playing for us. No brainier 😄
Zamora no new contract on 09:21 - May 28 with 5004 viewswestberksr

Zamora no new contract on 09:13 - May 28 by Lblock

Not sure how much of a focal & vocal character he is in the dressing room - I'd only keep him if he's central to the spirit and band of brothers.

After a couple of terrible years and pitiful goal return on wages & transfer fee he owed us that goal and those last few really decent cameo appearances. They alone mean I will wish him no malice and every success from hereon in. Just not with us UNLESS he is one of the aforesaid central motivators

Good luck Ohhhh Bobby Zamora

i get the impression that he is a bit of a loaner (not a criticism) and that was part of the 'Bobby doesn't even like footy' BS from earlier on. Maybe that he doesn't like all the flash crap that goes with players given his main hobby is fishing.

be surprised if he's one of the ringleaders of the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Zamora no new contract on 09:22 - May 28 with 4995 viewsDesertBoot

He looks a different player since surgery in January but, in the Premier League, do we really want a sub on the bench who we know can only last 20-30 minutes.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Zamora no new contract on 09:28 - May 28 with 4962 views08olesen

I thought it was interesting to hear Tony say that emotions wont come into the contract renewals.

In various interviews i have seen Harry talks about Doyle and BZ but i think TF will overrule him and really make an effort to make the squad younger

There is a good chance that Traore and Faurlin will be the only ones to get a contract

Poll: Who will the other play off

Zamora no new contract on 09:28 - May 28 with 4958 viewsstowmarketrange

Maybe Fulham can ale a bid for him if we don't offer hi a pay as you play deal,but with a 25 man squad we can't afford any passengers in it.
Zamora no new contract on 09:29 - May 28 with 4953 viewsdaveB

I'd give him a deal as an impact sub but he may well want to play regular football next season, i can see him going to a Championship club someone like Brighton or Forest
Zamora no new contract on 09:30 - May 28 with 4938 viewsizlingtonhoop

Zamora no new contract on 09:28 - May 28 by stowmarketrange

Maybe Fulham can ale a bid for him if we don't offer hi a pay as you play deal,but with a 25 man squad we can't afford any passengers in it.

innit...
Zamora no new contract on 09:33 - May 28 with 4920 viewsGloucs_R

You have a max squad of 25 players in the Prem. Why would we want a player that has played played just 52 games in 4 years? He is always injured. If he was a free signing would be going mental.

We need 4 fit strikers who can all play 90 mins if required.

Thanks for Sat Bobby, good luck in the future.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Zamora no new contract on 09:41 - May 28 with 4880 viewspaulparker

would have been ok with a pay as you play kind of deal
but even paying the guy 10k a week is to much lets be honest
if TF is not giving in then to me he has learned lessons we cannot let sentiment cloud our judgement here,
thanks for the memories Bobby

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Zamora no new contract on 09:42 - May 28 with 4873 viewsparker64

Reckon he'd only get a year at Rangers (though wouldn't put it past them to do a deal a la Dunne). Probably be plenty in the championship who'll offer him 2 years and then seen him play a few games.
Zamora no new contract on 09:44 - May 28 with 4856 viewsadhoc_qpr

Even with a 60% wage cut he'd be massively overpaid for what he offers.

Leave a pay as you play contract on the table for him and let him test the market. If he decides he wants another crack at the prem and money isn't important he'll take it.
Zamora no new contract on 10:05 - May 28 with 4774 viewsnadera78

2 1/2 years at 50K a week, plus a signing bonus - he's been paid around 7million by QPR. In return for that we've received two months of effort and goals, right at the end and in time for him to secure a new contract somewhere.

And on other threads I've heard some people say we "owe him" a new deal.

We would literally be mad to offer him anything. Thanks for the goal on saturday, Bob, but you've been extremely overpaid for your services.
Zamora no new contract on 10:06 - May 28 with 4770 viewsstevec

Couldn't we just bring him on every game in the 89th minute, stand him down by the corner flag and all sing the Bobby Zamora song?
Zamora no new contract on 10:10 - May 28 with 4751 viewsDWQPR

The 25 man rule is crucial in the Prem and another rule that promotes bias towards the big teams that can afford to rack and stack the young talent. When Zamora was signed the Fukham lot were giving it large that we were paying a shedload too much for an ageing crock. Well Zamora more than repaid his wages and transfer fee on Saturday. Thanks for the memories Bob and Cheerio.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH BOBBBBBBY ZAAAAAMMMMMMORRRRRRRRA!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Zamora no new contract on 10:13 - May 28 with 4734 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My money would be on a move to Brighton for him.
Zamora no new contract on 10:15 - May 28 with 4724 viewssmegma

No coincidence he suddenly starts putting some effort in when his contract is up for renewal?? What journo Tom Watt once described as the Chris Kiwomya syndrome.
Zamora no new contract on 10:16 - May 28 with 4723 viewsTacticalR

Zamora no new contract on 09:29 - May 28 by daveB

I'd give him a deal as an impact sub but he may well want to play regular football next season, i can see him going to a Championship club someone like Brighton or Forest

Agreed.

We now know exactly how to play him - in the last half hour of a match.

Air hostess clique

Zamora no new contract on 10:23 - May 28 with 4678 viewsJuzzie

Zamora no new contract on 10:16 - May 28 by TacticalR

Agreed.

We now know exactly how to play him - in the last half hour of a match.

But why waste a place in a 25 man squad for a player that may only make an handful of appearances. He didin't manage it it the PL before and he's now 2 years older.

What he did on Saturday was great and will go down in folklore but he owed US for that, we don't owe him.

Thanks Bobby for Saturday, enjoy the £9m and good luck.
Zamora no new contract on 10:28 - May 28 with 4644 viewsTonto

gosh how things have changed. he was being ridiculed not that long ago, and most were desperate to get rid of him.

Unless he takes a significant pay cut (down to something like £10k a week) but perhaps loaded with incentives, then forget it.

We need to get control of our finances. handing out big contract extensions to over 30s who cannot last 90 minutes is not going to hack it.

SWP scored the winning goal at Stamford Bridge, but there weren;t many calls for contract extensions then!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024