Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero 10:24 - May 30 with 6845 viewsTheBlob

What are your thoughts on a potential return?I thought he had a definite touch of class,maybe he was just caught up in the general dressing room malaise of the time.I'd give him another shot personally.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/esteban-granero-eyes

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Granero on 10:27 - May 30 with 3680 viewsJonDoeman

Would rather Mbia came back.

It Is What It Is !!

Granero on 10:31 - May 30 with 3656 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't seem to handle the physical side of the game, he is too lightweight which is a shame as he has good technique. It's not enough to be creative, you have to be tough as well as creative.
Granero on 10:32 - May 30 with 3656 viewsBAWHoops

Wasn't a fan BUT the dressing room culture has changed now and that may make a big difference. Certainly has the quality.

Barton turned it around after a loan spell so why can't Granero

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Granero on 10:32 - May 30 with 3646 viewsTacticalR

He's not the messiah

Air hostess clique

Granero on 10:33 - May 30 with 3641 viewsTHEBUSH

Not sure, if he's one of the players HR 'knew' perhaps he'll get, HR's famous cold shoulder, like some of the other Hughes signings ?
Granero on 10:34 - May 30 with 3633 viewsNorthernr

Yeh I agree, he's got potential, I'd like to see him given another go. He's a good age.

Playing in a team that constantly had its back to the wall and never held any possession didn't really suit him. At the start of the season, when we played well against Chelsea and Spurs, he actually looked decent. Big injury he's had though. And no guarantee that we won't have our backs to the wall and no possession again this time.
Granero on 10:34 - May 30 with 3631 viewsJonDoeman

Granero on 10:33 - May 30 by THEBUSH

Not sure, if he's one of the players HR 'knew' perhaps he'll get, HR's famous cold shoulder, like some of the other Hughes signings ?

Think Harry liked him, played away at Huddersfield.

It Is What It Is !!

Granero on 10:35 - May 30 with 3627 viewsJonDoeman

Granero on 10:34 - May 30 by Northernr

Yeh I agree, he's got potential, I'd like to see him given another go. He's a good age.

Playing in a team that constantly had its back to the wall and never held any possession didn't really suit him. At the start of the season, when we played well against Chelsea and Spurs, he actually looked decent. Big injury he's had though. And no guarantee that we won't have our backs to the wall and no possession again this time.

He threw in the towel though didn't he!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Granero on 10:35 - May 30 with 3623 viewsNorthernr

Granero on 10:35 - May 30 by JonDoeman

He threw in the towel though didn't he!

Yes I think you could argue he did, but we've forgiven far worse (St Joey).
Granero on 10:44 - May 30 with 3576 viewsade_qpr

Couple of thoughts
Rather than pay another massive big fee for yet another mid give him a decent go and see what happens.
If Arry really believes in him similar to Barton then he may flourish. As stated in other posts he does have some class.
Looking at no 10 type players, most likely to say goodbye to Niko and Ravel so that leaves Adel or Granero. Could see one making it but doubt we could afford to play both in the team at the same time.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Granero on 10:48 - May 30 with 3546 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm amazed he made 27 appearances for us!

I can remember 3 or 4 decent performances (Man City away, WBA away) and a couple of dreadful ones too.

If there is an offer on the table i'd take it, but otherwise might as well get him in for pre-season (since he's apparently fit now) and see how he goes.

He was a deadline day signing last time, so maybe he'll benefit from a full pre-season with the squad.
Granero on 10:52 - May 30 with 3525 viewsswisscottage

I'd give him another go. Up until Ale's own goal against Spuds, their partnership in the middle of the park actually had me drooling, taking the pee, passing rings round opposition players.

Then when things started to go titsup his confidence and effort took a nosedive especially when he was being asked to play out of position on the wing.

I definitiely think he's worth another go in a more together dressing room.
Granero on 10:58 - May 30 with 3494 viewsBasingstokeR

The quotes from "Nay dem" in the article sound genuine.

“I’m looking forward to Esteban Granero coming back in because I think he’s a quality player.

“He’s outstanding and, having spoken to him, he really wants to come back.

"He contacted me before the play-off final and said ‘please do it’ because he wants to be playing in the Premier League with QPR.”
Granero on 11:03 - May 30 with 3465 viewsBAWHoops

As I said he is our player and worth having a second look at.
'Arry seemed to insinuate that he liked him and was reluctant to let him go earlier this season.

That CM position next to Joey is vital, we need someone with pace and energy as Joey doesn't really have that. Similar to Henderson at Liverpool.

Currently our CM's are looking likely to be Barton, Henry, Faurlin, Granero which is all a bit one paced for me.
I'd love us to look at Holtby who I think has bags of energy and works hard. He can also do a job behind a front man if needed

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Granero on 11:28 - May 30 with 3399 viewsGloucs_R

Give him preseason, hopefully him and Ale can make a big difference next season. How many players have we sent away as poor have gone on to better things? Parerjo and Ledesma, appreciate Ledesma hasnt set the world alight but both have done alright since they left us.

We had a toxic dressing room. Thats fixed, now we need quality and winners.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Granero on 11:28 - May 30 with 3401 viewsRBlock

Granero on 10:35 - May 30 by Northernr

Yes I think you could argue he did, but we've forgiven far worse (St Joey).

I remember you saying in a match report after a great Tottenham performance possibly, that he would either lift the team, or we would drag him down to our level. Ultimately it was the latter, but he deserves another crack. A midfield with him Ale and Barton would certainly know how to pass. Not the physical box to box player that we need, but a cultured creative player who would be good to have in and around the team. Seems like a nice bloke, not mental. Played a fantastic pass to Adel to score that volley against WBA before burying that FK!
Granero on 11:32 - May 30 with 3387 viewsBasingstokeR

I'd say if its something we don't have we need a larger physical centre mid with some pace/athleticism.
Granero on 11:38 - May 30 with 3366 viewsbosh67

Nothing against him but ineffectual at this level and not hungry enough. Would sell and buy George Thorne every day of the week.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Granero on 11:44 - May 30 with 3346 viewsKiwi76

Granero on 10:52 - May 30 by swisscottage

I'd give him another go. Up until Ale's own goal against Spuds, their partnership in the middle of the park actually had me drooling, taking the pee, passing rings round opposition players.

Then when things started to go titsup his confidence and effort took a nosedive especially when he was being asked to play out of position on the wing.

I definitiely think he's worth another go in a more together dressing room.

Agree with that Swiss.
We own him & think offers more than Carroll who we don't.
Always talked a good game & just think he lost heart/confidence in a shocking environment.
Good enough for Nedum is OK by me.
Granero on 11:53 - May 30 with 3317 viewslondonscottish

Granero on 11:28 - May 30 by RBlock

I remember you saying in a match report after a great Tottenham performance possibly, that he would either lift the team, or we would drag him down to our level. Ultimately it was the latter, but he deserves another crack. A midfield with him Ale and Barton would certainly know how to pass. Not the physical box to box player that we need, but a cultured creative player who would be good to have in and around the team. Seems like a nice bloke, not mental. Played a fantastic pass to Adel to score that volley against WBA before burying that FK!

Yeah I remember Clive making that (prescient) observation.

Worth a second look if the Chief is suggesting it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Granero on 11:57 - May 30 with 3301 viewsstansleftfoot

He's a player who Harry Redknapp needs to look at a) Because we own him, b) his form plummeted and it was agony to watch, we got a taste of something special when he finally got to the edge of the box to chip and curl a beautifully constructed goal...he looked like he could do that week in week out...looked very simple and was of the highest class...that doesn't disappear. c) Maybe finally we can start playing our squad players in their natural positions. d) it is clear that the atmosphere at QPR is totally different, it would be foolish not to get Esteban Granero back to see how he responds.
Granero on 12:01 - May 30 with 3278 viewssimmo

Granero on 11:28 - May 30 by RBlock

Him and Faurlin were great in that game, well, for the first half. Faurlins pass to Zamora that game was immense!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Granero on 12:05 - May 30 with 3260 viewsCharlie1

Assuming he's not part of the toxic dressing room and can become a recruit for the band of brothers then yes.

If not, then goodbye.

I do not want M'Bia as I suspect, part of the toxic atmosphere.

2:59 baby!

Granero on 12:09 - May 30 with 3239 viewsBasingstokeR

Granero imho is no worse than someone like Jordi Gomez that's just signed for Sunderland - or a lot of other similar competent passing CM's operating in settled teams in the Prem.
Granero on 12:36 - May 30 with 3170 viewspaulparker

Personally id have him back in the squad, but a midfield of him , ali & barton wouldn't work for me, it would be over run, you would need someone like a Delph, shelvey or colback in there to do the donkey work
besides I don't see Arry being his biggest fan I could be wrong but I think another year on loan somewhere beckons for him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024