Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chris ramsey/manager? 12:28 - Aug 16 with 10231 viewsthairanger

I am not going to make any negative comments.Please just leave answers to why this man is our manager.
chris ramsey/manager? on 14:30 - Aug 16 with 2021 viewsW13R

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:11 - Aug 16 by LythamR

Pretty much as above

Ferdinand convinced Fernandes to enploy him to sort the club out, Fernandes bought it. This is new Fedinands Era his strategy, his choice of manager, coaching and scouting system.

there is no point having a pop at ramsey at this point the key to this is Ferdinand. do we not think after the nonsense of the last 4 years that perhaps we should give Ferdinand more than one transfer window before we demand it is all thrown up in the air and started again?

I think we should just let them get on with it, expectation levels were pretty plainly set out some time ago, make sure we survive in the championship this year and build on that

We are not going to get promoted, we are very unlikely to have an interest in the play offs

It will take time to develop this team and the off pitch strategy behind it. get used to it or maybe take a year off and come back this time next year for the sake of your own health and sanity

Spot on Lytham.

I hate to admit it but Swansea and Southampton are a great model to build ourselves on. What they did didn't happen over night so theres gonna be plenty of pain before we start seeing an end result. As like many years we need to just hang on in there rather than thinking we will get instant success if we pour more money into it. I'm hurting like many of you but I just think we need a reality check for a couple of years or so.
chris ramsey/manager? on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 1980 viewsBasingstokeR

We're not spending silly amounts but to say we're running on a "shoestring"???
chris ramsey/manager? on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 1980 viewsthairanger

Not even bothered about the premiership just dont want a shit manager which we now have
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:07 - Aug 16 with 1917 viewsRanger78

chris ramsey/manager? on 13:58 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

Perhaps not, but he's a highly rated coach. I don't know if Hoos, Ferdinand and Ramsey are the right people for their jobs but for the first time in ages the club is trying to do things in a sustainable way. Any sort of plan has to be better than the chaos of the last few years.

Bang on

I seriously can't believe the negativity that exists after only 3 games and at the very start of trying to rebuild the club
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:13 - Aug 16 with 1901 viewsSpiritofGregory

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:30 - Aug 16 by W13R

Spot on Lytham.

I hate to admit it but Swansea and Southampton are a great model to build ourselves on. What they did didn't happen over night so theres gonna be plenty of pain before we start seeing an end result. As like many years we need to just hang on in there rather than thinking we will get instant success if we pour more money into it. I'm hurting like many of you but I just think we need a reality check for a couple of years or so.

An important part of the plan is to hire the right manager. We have gone from one extreme to another, from overpaid egos to a puppet with no experience.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 15:14]
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:15 - Aug 16 with 1901 viewsJAPRANGERS

Success in this season of rebuilding will be simply avoiding relegation. Our manager CR will surely win enough games to accomplish that feat.

As to why CR is our manager, after the disaster of 3M a year Rednapp, we went for an ultra cheap option to see what happens.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 15:16]
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:22 - Aug 16 with 1883 viewsSpiritofGregory

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:15 - Aug 16 by JAPRANGERS

Success in this season of rebuilding will be simply avoiding relegation. Our manager CR will surely win enough games to accomplish that feat.

As to why CR is our manager, after the disaster of 3M a year Rednapp, we went for an ultra cheap option to see what happens.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 15:16]

Not carrying out a proper interviewing procedure didn't work before and it's not working now.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:26 - Aug 16 with 1882 viewsdaveB

Long term plans can work if you stick to them as shown at Southampton and Swansea. We rarely stick to a plan for more than a month before we change it around.

I'm just looking forward to Big Sam coming in so we can go back to moaning about how short term the club are
Login to get fewer ads

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:28 - Aug 16 with 1877 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm in the lets stick with this return to the way QPR used to be run camp. Its crazy to try to undo all the damage inflicted by throwing money at the problems QPR had to the point where we broke sustainability rules, in one transfer window. To slag off Ramsey because he had poor results with the mess Redknapp left behind is unrealistic and he is still dealing with the remnants of that situation. Les and Ramsey have had to deal with financial restrictions that no other manager during Fernandes chairmanship have suffered and as a result still haven't got the team they want to work with. That is not the fault of our current management team. If anyone is to blame for that its Fernandes, who thought the answer was getting in players with high reputations, transfer fees and wages, but who were past it and had no commitment to QPR or any work ethic.

Some people want to return to throwing millions we aren't generating at the current situation when we already know that doesn't work and will put us again in trouble with the football authorities. We must build progressively with moderate expenditure and that takes time and will not lead to immediate success. There are failings in the current levels of player fitness, but even that is not Ramsey's fault. I doubt he was responsible for arranging the Italian shambles and players acquired later than wanted often take time to reach match fitness. Austin is clearly unfit, but that is because he joined the squad late for obvious personal reasons.

Ramsey is Head Coach and is highly qualified for that role and is well regarded by people in football who have worked with him and know what they are talking about, so for anyone on here without that knowledge or first-hand experience to say he is shit should consider whether they are qualified to make that judgement.

Who's Next?

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:33 - Aug 16 with 1861 viewsthairanger

Not even bothered about the premiership just dont want a shit manager which we now have
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:37 - Aug 16 with 1854 viewsderbyhoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:13 - Aug 16 by SpiritofGregory

An important part of the plan is to hire the right manager. We have gone from one extreme to another, from overpaid egos to a puppet with no experience.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 15:14]

I've finally found something I agree with you about.

We have gone from one extreme to another. From throwing huge amounts of money at every perceived problem to trying to run the club on a sustainable budget. If anybody thinks that switch will lead to instant success, I.e after 2 League games, then they are eithe ridiculously optimistic or totally impatient.

My expectations for this season is that we stay up. No more, no less. And then build on the good work done over this last Summer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:39 - Aug 16 with 1844 viewsSpiritofGregory

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:47 - Aug 16 by BasingstokeR

Yes, £1.5m for Poulter, £2.25m for Chery, £1m for Perch, £3m for Gladwin and Luongo. £1.5m bids for lower league goalies and more signings to come. I wouldn't call that a shoestring.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:42 - Aug 16 with 1841 viewsW13R

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:47 - Aug 16 by BasingstokeR

We are compared to what we were throwing about for the last 3 seasons.
What would you rather, another bunch of wrongun's or try to build a team with a large number of hungry young players with a point to prove.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:46 - Aug 16 with 1835 viewsQPR_Jim

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:33 - Aug 16 by thairanger

Well if that's you not making any negative comments I'd hate to see you in full rant mode.

I don't think Ramsey is a top coach but the last thing we need is a manager who won't work with Les and being demanding when it comes to the squad. That's how you end up with a large squad and new additions each window.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 1823 viewsSpiritofGregory

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:42 - Aug 16 by W13R

What would you rather, another bunch of wrongun's or try to build a team with a large number of hungry young players with a point to prove.

Not compared to other Championship clubs.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 1751 viewsW13R

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:47 - Aug 16 by thairanger

Who are we going to bring in? Remember no big names now as we've done and failed in that department plus we would be going backwards again and also as a lot will be demanding instant success.
chris ramsey/manager? on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 1742 viewsTheBlob

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:42 - Aug 16 by W13R

Hungry young players like Konchesky and Perch and Henry.....this is becoming a cliche' now.
All I see is lowering the bar and expectations preparatory to a sale.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

chris ramsey/manager? on 16:00 - Aug 16 with 1731 viewsW13R

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:49 - Aug 16 by SpiritofGregory

Not compared to other Championship clubs.

Jesus SOG, I don't know you but you definitely fall in the half empty glass parade.
You would argue that we haven't spent enough money even if we had so I'm not sure you'll ever be happy with the goings on at rangers.
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:06 - Aug 16 with 1718 viewsdaveB

chris ramsey/manager? on 15:53 - Aug 16 by TheBlob

Hungry young players like Konchesky and Perch and Henry.....this is becoming a cliche' now.

no young hungry players like Polter, Gladwin, Luongo, Chery and Emmanuel Thomas. We've also brought in a few experienced players to help them along which is pretty sensible really
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:09 - Aug 16 with 1711 viewsRanger78

It's more about resetting our bar and expectations to where they should be,

All the horrible 3 years of overspending in the Premiership did was raise our bar to levels where it should never have been and should never go again.

Seemingly, it's also raised the expectations of some fans to unrealistic levels.

We're QPR ... What do we expect!? We should never be paying contracts like some of the hideous ones over the last few seasons.

This is now our level. We need to rebuild with a mix of young hungry players and some older experienced players like Henry, Perch and Konchesky mixed in.

We're also not going to be attracting or paying for "superstar managers"
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 16:28]
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:11 - Aug 16 with 1708 viewsvegasranger

The long term plan must be a new stadium. Loftus Road doesn't have capacity to make it sustainable in the Premiership / Championship. The short / medium term plan must be a new training complex and a complete overhaul of our useless youth / scouting set ups. Short term to build a team to compete at the Championship level ,moving back to the Premier League as soon as possible. You can't plan to stand still in this division or you will end up going down. So far we have bought / loaned two old lags for full backs. Not sure about Polter. Like Chery, Loungo ( not a defensive midfielder ) and Gladwin ( not a central midfielder ). Good to have Mackie back. If we aren't careful we will end up having to build a new squad next summer.
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:15 - Aug 16 with 1700 viewsW13R

Blob, we are a circus of a club and have been for many years, even before TF turned up.
I have no argument with regard Konchesky but I think Perch will be a good solid player once settled in. Henry has never been everyone's cup of tea but give him credit that he was one of the better performers for our team whilst in the premiership. Sadly this is what we are reduced to, a mixture of old and new. Let's at least give the young players a chance as all I hear are people saying that some are no good after only 3 games!
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:20 - Aug 16 with 1690 viewsW13R

chris ramsey/manager? on 16:09 - Aug 16 by Ranger78

It's more about resetting our bar and expectations to where they should be,

All the horrible 3 years of overspending in the Premiership did was raise our bar to levels where it should never have been and should never go again.

Seemingly, it's also raised the expectations of some fans to unrealistic levels.

We're QPR ... What do we expect!? We should never be paying contracts like some of the hideous ones over the last few seasons.

This is now our level. We need to rebuild with a mix of young hungry players and some older experienced players like Henry, Perch and Konchesky mixed in.

We're also not going to be attracting or paying for "superstar managers"
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 16:28]

Bang on.
chris ramsey/manager? on 16:22 - Aug 16 with 1679 viewsSomersetHoops

Perch is a 29 year old experienced defender - player of the year at Wigan for two seasons and will come good for us. Henry had a renewal option on his Redknapp contract and has been one of our better players in a couple of games - perhaps not recently because we are building a better team. Konchesky is an inexpensive backup loan to cover two injured players. You really are clutching at straws if this is your evidence for lowering the bar.

Who's Next?

chris ramsey/manager? on 17:08 - Aug 16 with 1615 viewsCamberleyR

chris ramsey/manager? on 14:24 - Aug 16 by TheBlob

Rubbish.They got where they are by short term results led success.They weren't averse to a change of manager.
Ramsey has as much chance of success as the back end of a pantomime horse.

Sorry Blob, I think THAT is rubbish. It was not short term results led success. Yes, they weren't averse to a change of manager but they both put a certain structure in place so that any new incoming manager/coach could slot seamlessly into place.

Southampton with Pardew who started the re-building in L1 followed by Adkins, Pochettino and now Koeman. With Southampton it helped that they have had a flourishing youth setup.

Swansea with Kenny Jackett starting the re-building in L2 in 2004, seamlessly followed by Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup and now Monk.

This gives some background on how Southampton work.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-g
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 17:10]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024