Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. 08:46 - Oct 26 with 7857 viewsJAPRANGERS

Big story in the mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3287452/Two-gay-Premier-League-football-

I mean if JET or Charlie were gay would we give a sht?? Just score the goals, that's all that matters.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 08:56 - Oct 26 with 5522 viewsPommyhoop

Nope don't give a toss but everyone loves a guessing game.
I'm having a wild guess at Jamie Vardy..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 08:59 - Oct 26 with 5507 viewsWokingR

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 08:56 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

Nope don't give a toss but everyone loves a guessing game.
I'm having a wild guess at Jamie Vardy..

Nah, got to be Chelsea or Norwich
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:00 - Oct 26 with 5498 viewsjohncharles

Usual rubbishy article from the Fail. " The stigma has completely gone ......." So where's the story ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:06 - Oct 26 with 5470 viewsJAPRANGERS

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:00 - Oct 26 by johncharles

Usual rubbishy article from the Fail. " The stigma has completely gone ......." So where's the story ?

This
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out on 09:17 - Oct 26 with 5442 viewsDorse

I honestly don't care a bit about a player's sexual orientation. Most people don't but you know that the papers will mention it every time they write about them!

They already include things like the player's age and nationality / international status. So...

'Guatamalan international Verruciho, 26, scored a belter...' becomes 'Openly gay Guatamalan international Verruciho, 26, scored a belter...' They wouldn't write 'Single heterosexual Guatamalan...' (you get the idea)

Most people have no problem with sexuality but the problem arises when those people don't speak up. Homophobia is alive and well and you can see it every day in schools up and down the country. A few years ago, well known fat kunt Chris Moyles, defended using the term 'gay' on air by saying it is a synonym for 'bad'. Personally, I feel that he is using the language emotively: the language has no connection to the object, rather, it is descriptive of how one feels about it. It's what Ayer describes as 'Boo Hurrah'. There will always be people whose understanding of homosexuality is limited to 'it's not normal', so the language will persist. And every time it is used it creates a mindset prejudicial to the individual or player.

Sorry. Soap box. I'll stop there.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:37 - Oct 26 with 5398 viewsTheBlob

I draw the line at being called "Openly Welsh"
May I state firmly that I am not,nor have ever been Welsh.
Any rumours to the contrary will be met with a letter from my solicitors,
Jones,Jones,Jones and Levine.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 9:43]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:50 - Oct 26 with 5371 viewsade_qpr

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:37 - Oct 26 by TheBlob

I draw the line at being called "Openly Welsh"
May I state firmly that I am not,nor have ever been Welsh.
Any rumours to the contrary will be met with a letter from my solicitors,
Jones,Jones,Jones and Levine.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 9:43]

Would that be Tom Jones? If so does he always sing to you as "Green Green Grass of Home"

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:56 - Oct 26 with 5344 viewsTheBlob

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:50 - Oct 26 by ade_qpr

Would that be Tom Jones? If so does he always sing to you as "Green Green Grass of Home"

He was triplets actually.

Look you.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:01 - Oct 26 with 5328 viewsade_qpr

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 09:56 - Oct 26 by TheBlob

He was triplets actually.

Look you.

It's Not Unusual

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:13 - Oct 26 with 5296 viewsLadbrokeR

I listened to a piece on talk radio about this and there was a female agent commenting on the likelihood of 2 premiership players one an international coming out. I believe that a statement had been issued saying that they were going to come out.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:23 - Oct 26 with 5279 viewsdaveB

Why do they need to come out, can't they just keep their privater lives private
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:24 - Oct 26 with 5278 viewsWokingR

Unless, of course it turns out to be John Terry
Then I will be p*ssing myself so much that I will be in danger of drowning
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:12 - Oct 26 with 5222 viewsAntti_Heinola

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:23 - Oct 26 by daveB

Why do they need to come out, can't they just keep their privater lives private

isn't it their choice either way, dave?

Bare bones.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:19 - Oct 26 with 5206 viewsNW5Hoop

If there was no stigma, if football were free of prejudice, they wouldn't need to "come out"; they'd never have had to keep it secret in the first place. That's why it's still a big deal.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:25 - Oct 26 with 5185 viewsrobith

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:19 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

If there was no stigma, if football were free of prejudice, they wouldn't need to "come out"; they'd never have had to keep it secret in the first place. That's why it's still a big deal.

I wrote a big reply but couldn't be bothered with the grief, so just yeah this.

I've got gay friends who still get attacked in the street, football fans who are terrified of going to games because of threats they've had at them. So yeah, ^what this guy said
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:38 - Oct 26 with 5153 viewsbosh67

It's ridiculous. Straight, gay, bi. What difference does it make to a footballer. It's 2015 time tio let people be who they are.

BTW - there are no gay players at Norwich as most are married to their own sisters.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:39 - Oct 26 with 5151 viewsjohncharles

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:19 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

But it says in the Fail's own article that the stigma had completely gone so it must be true.

Strong and stable my arse.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 5137 viewspaesanu

All well and good to say who cares and what not. The issue is that when it comes to a corner kick or a throw-in, even at Loftus Rd there's large sections of tw4tty fans that will be screaming 'c0cksuckerrrrr' thinking it's hilarious. It wouldn't be banter either, it'll be genuine malice for the player.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 12:24 - Oct 26 with 5069 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Personally, for the good of football, these purported gay footballers should stay firmly in the closet, until such time as Joseph Barton has retired. One can only but imagine the height of his horse from which he will be tweeting, if and when anyone comes out from within the game of football.

Frankly, the surprise some quarters exhibit on the matter of homosexuality in football, is nothing short of embarrassing. To assume in the history of football up to the present day, that there haven't or isn't any gay footballers, is stupidity in itself. Crickey, the Mail of all papers, probably has more gay chums in parliament, the clergy and the royal family and doesn't see fit too make too much of a hullabaloo about it these days, so why get all fidgety about football?

That said, and if I am to allow myself a teeny weeny bit of homophobia, when the great outings start, could the gays leave their whistles at home? One thing having pride etc., but no need to rock up to games with the gay equivalent of the vuvuzela to bust our ear drums.

Other than that, if there are two players on the cusp of outing themselves (probably as someone pointed out above, before some rag does it) then respect to them as I am sure they are going to endure some heavy duty crap for it.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 12:25]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 5059 viewsdaveB

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 11:12 - Oct 26 by Antti_Heinola

isn't it their choice either way, dave?

yeah of course it is but I don't understand the pressure being put on gay footballers to come out.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 13:01 - Oct 26 with 5000 viewsdanehoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 10:13 - Oct 26 by LadbrokeR

I listened to a piece on talk radio about this and there was a female agent commenting on the likelihood of 2 premiership players one an international coming out. I believe that a statement had been issued saying that they were going to come out.

That maybe because a newspaper has got the informtion and has basically said give us your story and come out or we will write our own story......

Never knowingly understood

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 14:59 - Oct 26 with 4880 viewsNW5Hoop

Everyone who thinks it doesn't matter anymore should remember what all crowds, including ours, are like when Brighton come to play. A load of people singing "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" Yeah, football's got rid of homophobia.
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:04 - Oct 26 with 4857 viewsPommyhoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 14:59 - Oct 26 by NW5Hoop

Everyone who thinks it doesn't matter anymore should remember what all crowds, including ours, are like when Brighton come to play. A load of people singing "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" Yeah, football's got rid of homophobia.

Isn't that just a traditional stick to beat an opponent with. Nobody sings that with real malice do they? The same as we don't really think people from Liverpool eat rats out of dustbins..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:08 - Oct 26 with 4848 viewsNW5Hoop

Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:04 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

Isn't that just a traditional stick to beat an opponent with. Nobody sings that with real malice do they? The same as we don't really think people from Liverpool eat rats out of dustbins..

You might not think you're singing it with real malice. But I bet you a gay bloke doesn't hear that and think, "It's all right, they're just having a laugh." You can't say something homophobic and then say it wasn't homophobic because you didn't mean it. If you don't mean it, don't bloody say it. Simple, really. It's different from the Liverpool/Northern songs, too — no one gets put in A&E for being from Liverpool; no one gets abused for kissing their partner in public because they're from Liverpool etc etc
[Post edited 26 Oct 2015 15:10]
Honestly, who cares these days??/Gay premier league players about to come out. on 15:14 - Oct 26 with 4836 viewsloftboy

5 years ago it would have been a big problem, but there is so much openness these days I can't see it being major news, every where I've worked there's always been at least two or three gay people, every train journey you will see a pair of lesbians holding hands or kissing, it's up to them, nobody else's business, as I say to my old mum who's worried my youngest is going to "be queer" because he dresses up in his sisters clothes, there's nothing you can do about it, if he's gay he's gay, he will still be my son and I will still love him and you can't change him because he is whatever he is.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024