Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers 20:06 - Mar 9 with 4439 viewsenfieldargh

I have seen r's fans at Heathrow waiting for are Linus flights back to Ireland on Saturdays after a game so got me thinking this.

May have been covered by the playoff game at Wembley although Derby got me remembering my own experience.

This does not include coming back from oz or wherever to visit family etc and take in a Rangers game.

Example, I flew back from Los Angeles and went directly from heathrow to loftus road to watch a bore draw v derby back in the day. Derby had Charlie George and I think Bruce rioch sent off and we still didn't win

But more to the point I flew back from Bangkok arrived 7am heathrow , took in qpr v palace 6-0 thumping then flew back at 9pm that night, bonkers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 20:15 - Mar 9 with 3383 viewsdanehoop

When I first worked in Copenhagen in the early 1990s I flew back a few times to catch a game and catch up with mates. Caught early flight on Saturday morning. Arrived at my mums house in Ruislip. Drooped off bag, off to West Ruislip station and away. Flew back on Sunday lunchtime.

When I moved to China inI flew back once on a Friday for a long weekend with family and ensured that I got to see us beat Notts forest on the Saturday afternoon before flying back.

Never knowingly understood

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 20:57 - Mar 9 with 3321 viewsonlyrinmoray

Flying that's for wimps.!! I went on an overnight bus to Wemmberley from Inverness for the League Cup Final versus Oxford ( cant remember the score) then at 7pm got the bus back to Aberdeen arrived home 9am Monday

What a great weekend... Never again.... Its Easyjet for me now
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 21:01 - Mar 9 with 3313 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Finished work, went straight to the airport at Phnom Penh and boarded a plane to come back for the promotion game at Vicarage Road.

Sat at the game with a mate who'd flown from Singapore and after the match, I was in a pub and caught up with a mate who came back from Australia. We got chatting to a bloke who woke up the Monday before and said, to his wife, I have to go back home. He was living in South Africa.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 21:13 - Mar 9 with 3274 viewsKonk

About thirteen miles. There and back in the same day too. Worth it, though.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 22:03 - Mar 9 with 3215 viewsBoston

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 21:13 - Mar 9 by Konk

About thirteen miles. There and back in the same day too. Worth it, though.

Uphill both ways?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 22:07 - Mar 9 with 3207 viewsted_hendrix

Caught the plane in Memphis. flew to Chicago walked to the Heathrow gate caught the plane to Heathrow drove straight home down the M4 to the other side of Newbury, walked in the house said 'hello' to the Mrs, dropped me cases and said 'goodbye' to the Mrs and drove straight back up the M4 to LR and watched us beat Swindon 1-0.
The following journey to Sheff Wednesday after that Swindon game was a doddle and a fcking good day out.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 22:21 - Mar 9 with 3191 viewsSydneyRs

Last time I visited London in 2012 I saw that wonderful beating by West Ham during the Hughes era. A long way to go to see that awful display.

I will be back in a few weeks for the Charlton game and hopefully a better result.
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 23:30 - Mar 9 with 3131 viewsnewgolddream

Ibiza in 2005.
Login to get fewer ads

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 00:14 - Mar 10 with 3092 viewsqueensparker

In 1986 my Dad took the family off for our first proper big foreign holiday to Barbados. I was 11, brother was 9, was f--king incredible, sun, nice food, a "video club" for the kids where for some reason they let me and my brother watch things like Commando and Carrie which scared the sh*t out of us and left permanent mental scars.

The flight back had been carefully planned to give us all plenty of time to make it to Wembley for Rangers' big final which we were bound to win. Except the flight was delayed by many hours, so by the time we got back home, we turned the telly straight on and QPR v Oxford had already kicked off.

Still, we jumped in a cab and made it there for half time to join all the mates and family who weren't looking too happy.

Thousands of miles in massive anticipation to only see half a cup final where we were utter crap. It was good training for the next decades
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 07:23 - Mar 10 with 3011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 00:14 - Mar 10 by queensparker

In 1986 my Dad took the family off for our first proper big foreign holiday to Barbados. I was 11, brother was 9, was f--king incredible, sun, nice food, a "video club" for the kids where for some reason they let me and my brother watch things like Commando and Carrie which scared the sh*t out of us and left permanent mental scars.

The flight back had been carefully planned to give us all plenty of time to make it to Wembley for Rangers' big final which we were bound to win. Except the flight was delayed by many hours, so by the time we got back home, we turned the telly straight on and QPR v Oxford had already kicked off.

Still, we jumped in a cab and made it there for half time to join all the mates and family who weren't looking too happy.

Thousands of miles in massive anticipation to only see half a cup final where we were utter crap. It was good training for the next decades

You poor hoors. The UN have set up Inter-Governmental Aid Schemes for less....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 07:26 - Mar 10 with 3005 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sweden. Pre-season tour of '90 or '91.

A half a dozen of us went out and bumped into another eight or so R's. We're still friends to this day, the lot of us. Utterly superb trip. Northern Lights, campsites, rockabilly gay-bars, gorgeous women and Rangers.

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 08:11 - Mar 10 with 2970 viewsaston_hoop

hardly extreme but flew back from Mallorca for the Wolves game that ended 1-1 in January. Got in on the Friday night, stayed at a mates in Hammersmith and came back Saturday evening. Flights were €25 return so would have cost me more to do the trip to HQ when I was previously living in Reading!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 08:15 - Mar 10 with 2962 viewswombat

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 07:26 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

A half a dozen of us went out and bumped into another eight or so R's. We're still friends to this day, the lot of us. Utterly superb trip. Northern Lights, campsites, rockabilly gay-bars, gorgeous women and Rangers.

belgrade and rekyavik for me oh and carlisle on a monday night in the cup
happy days, made so much easier with vast amounts of booze before and after the game

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 09:54 - Mar 10 with 2890 viewsdistortR

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 07:26 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

"With a tent peg in your hand,
Oh i wanna be your camping man,
go left..."etc etc

My highlight was being chased around by neo-nazi's - in hindsight i should have just given them you!
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:02 - Mar 10 with 2883 viewsIsleworthranger

Went to see a pre season in Celje in the middle of Slovenia about five years ago,and also a pre season in Leipzig which turned out to be a 100 miles away from Leipzig in the end and also the mini tournament we won at Atalantas ground near Milan

Oh and the famous Ibiza trip of course
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:12 - Mar 10 with 2871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 09:54 - Mar 10 by distortR

"With a tent peg in your hand,
Oh i wanna be your camping man,
go left..."etc etc

My highlight was being chased around by neo-nazi's - in hindsight i should have just given them you!

Gay Neo-nazis at that...

It's not what you imagine on your tombstone, somehow...

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 2841 viewsrongould

1967 went in the Supporters Club coach to Grimsby
Travelled back 200 years
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:54 - Mar 10 with 2824 viewsrrrspricey

Flew back from holiday in Spain to watch our 2012 season opener against Swansea
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:08 - Mar 10 with 2805 viewsdaveB

flew back from Florida, arrived in Gatwick at 10am and made it to a Easter monday game against Luton. We won 2-1, Ferdinand scored twice and effectively relegated them just before the Premier League started
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:33 - Mar 10 with 2780 viewswelwynranger

Ibiza
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:39 - Mar 10 with 2772 viewsJonDoeman

I'm very local , got great respect for those who travel huge distances , like this bloke I know who flies over from Dublin every home game with his son. Can't really believe that effort & expense, I wouldn't do it.

It Is What It Is !!

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:41 - Mar 10 with 2765 viewspaulparker

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:08 - Mar 10 by daveB

flew back from Florida, arrived in Gatwick at 10am and made it to a Easter monday game against Luton. We won 2-1, Ferdinand scored twice and effectively relegated them just before the Premier League started

I Remember that game DaveB , they were all over us and I think Pembridge scored a pen for them ,2 late goals from Les which were typical Les goals BTW made it all ok and sent them down from the top flight , I think that was Gerrys first season as manager ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 12:29 - Mar 10 with 2738 viewsEastR

Towards the end of the 09/10 season I flew into Heathrow on an April Sat morning from Sumatra via Malaysia. Left 30kgs of luggage at Paddington and headed to W12 for breakfast and a few pints before watching us draw 1-1 with Sheff Weds. A couple of post-match libations later I boarded a plane for Kabul for a few very dry months, and the highlight of watching the 2010 WC coverage on Afghan TV.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 2685 viewsquickpassrotter

versus Oxford United in that 1986 League Cup Final.
Was living and working in New York at the time. Flew back to the UK for the game. What a waste of time and money that was.
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 14:19 - Mar 10 with 2660 viewsNorthernr

Was it Sharon the old club shop manager who got a job in Miami and flew back for every home match? Supporter of the Year that year and no surprise!

Most stupid thing I ever did was a nine day work trip to the US, half in Miami (30 degrees) and half in New York (-5 degrees) with only hand luggage. Was landing at Heathrow the morning of the Chelsea FA Cup game which kicked off at 12.30 and didn't want to get stuck in customs/baggage reclaim and delay my arrival.

Got the ground with 45 mins to spare and lost 1-0 to a dodgy Mike Dean penalty award.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024