Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh my God... 23:01 - Jun 27 with 5166 views1BobbyHazell

Palace have £31m bid accepted.

THIRTY ONE MILLION POUNDS !!!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/27/crystal-palace-michy-batshuayi-
Oh my God... on 23:03 - Jun 27 with 5151 viewsToast_R

Was he the one who came of for Lukaku against Hungry and nearly scuffed that sitter?
Oh my God... on 23:12 - Jun 27 with 5088 viewsCHUBBS

Absolutely sickening,that would pay off over half my mortgage.
Oh my God... on 23:53 - Jun 27 with 4961 viewsjohncharles

Oh my God... on 23:12 - Jun 27 by CHUBBS

Absolutely sickening,that would pay off over half my mortgage.

Do you live in a tent ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Oh my God... on 00:01 - Jun 28 with 4946 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And it wasn't that long ago that we were signing petitions to keep them afloat.
It's a funny old game.
Oh my God... on 00:13 - Jun 28 with 4911 viewsdavman

They were hopeless during the second half of the season and I hope that they get well and truly lumbered here. Three or four long term injuries at the start of September and they'll be royally footed having to pay wages from the Championship.

Then again, PALARSE are officially the luckiest club around. They go into Administration twice and somehow avoid relegation to the third tier despite being the only English club to come out of Administration without paying all their football debts off.

This Premier League money will lead to a number of clubs overstretching themselves, so let's hope lot are the first...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Oh my God... on 11:44 - Jun 28 with 4508 viewsrsonist

Don't forget the £10.5m for Andros Townsend also agreed on top...
Oh my God... on 11:52 - Jun 28 with 4475 viewspaulparker

Summing up all that's wrong with the English game that Palace are going to spend over 30 million pounds on a kid who isn't the finished article , and isn't 1st choice for his country either
what does that say to the kids in the Palace youth team or strikers in the championship or below , and we wonder why we don't do well in tournaments
im sick of the PL , I honestly hope we don't go up next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oh my God... on 11:59 - Jun 28 with 4445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Frightening.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Oh my God... on 13:01 - Jun 28 with 4308 viewsFredManRave

Is this guy really thrice as good as Sandro?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Oh my God... on 13:51 - Jun 28 with 4205 viewsMonkey_Roots

Oh my God... on 11:52 - Jun 28 by paulparker

Summing up all that's wrong with the English game that Palace are going to spend over 30 million pounds on a kid who isn't the finished article , and isn't 1st choice for his country either
what does that say to the kids in the Palace youth team or strikers in the championship or below , and we wonder why we don't do well in tournaments

Spot on PP.

Another gripe I have is that we as a country export hardly any players to other leagues — is it that our players aren't good enough, require too much money to sign, or are sitting very comfortably in the PL thank you very much. There has to be a shift in the amount of foreigners that ply their trade in our football leagues — I for one would love to have a limit in each team to allow English talent to blossom. The brexit may help in some regard, as the less talented foreigners may find it hard to get a work permit, therefore giving a chance to young English players.

Dietmar Hamann had some pretty cold hard truths to dish out in the wake of yesterdays defeat for England:

“English people believe the hype of the Premier League,” said the German. “They have sold a Skoda for a Lamborghini for the last 15 years.

“The Premier League is average. If you look at Spain and Germany and the standard of football and look at the quality of football, it’s in a different league to England.

“Because it’s been watched all over the world, that doesn’t make it the best programme.

“They’ve created a brand, fair do to them, the players earn a lot of money, and all these players should light a candle every time they go to bed at night, because if they were Icelandic, Portuguese, Dutch or German, they would struggle to earn a quarter of the money they’re on now.

“It’s not their fault that the clubs are paying that money. But it’s over-inflated, the Premier League is a fraud.”

Hamann added: “Because people generate so much money by watching it on television, people believe it is the best league in the world.

“In the Champions League, the English teams have been struggling for a number of years now. There were times 10-15 years where we had three teams in the semi-final.

“But the best players play in Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid, and they pay world-class wages for above average players.”

And of England’s loss, Hamann added: “Yes, it’s a shock in a way, but I don’t think we should be too surprised.

“It’s not that the English players weren’t interested, they were. But this is as good as they are.

“If you could look through the team, can you see anyone play for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the next five years?

“Maybe Stones and Barkley, apart from that it’s bang average.

“And how many of these players would be on the radar of the top clubs (right now)?

“You could make a case for Sturridge and Rashford, who did more in the five minutes coming on than the rest of the team going forward.”
Oh my God... on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 4182 viewsMatch82

Oh my God... on 13:51 - Jun 28 by Monkey_Roots

Spot on PP.

Another gripe I have is that we as a country export hardly any players to other leagues — is it that our players aren't good enough, require too much money to sign, or are sitting very comfortably in the PL thank you very much. There has to be a shift in the amount of foreigners that ply their trade in our football leagues — I for one would love to have a limit in each team to allow English talent to blossom. The brexit may help in some regard, as the less talented foreigners may find it hard to get a work permit, therefore giving a chance to young English players.

Dietmar Hamann had some pretty cold hard truths to dish out in the wake of yesterdays defeat for England:

“English people believe the hype of the Premier League,” said the German. “They have sold a Skoda for a Lamborghini for the last 15 years.

“The Premier League is average. If you look at Spain and Germany and the standard of football and look at the quality of football, it’s in a different league to England.

“Because it’s been watched all over the world, that doesn’t make it the best programme.

“They’ve created a brand, fair do to them, the players earn a lot of money, and all these players should light a candle every time they go to bed at night, because if they were Icelandic, Portuguese, Dutch or German, they would struggle to earn a quarter of the money they’re on now.

“It’s not their fault that the clubs are paying that money. But it’s over-inflated, the Premier League is a fraud.”

Hamann added: “Because people generate so much money by watching it on television, people believe it is the best league in the world.

“In the Champions League, the English teams have been struggling for a number of years now. There were times 10-15 years where we had three teams in the semi-final.

“But the best players play in Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid, and they pay world-class wages for above average players.”

And of England’s loss, Hamann added: “Yes, it’s a shock in a way, but I don’t think we should be too surprised.

“It’s not that the English players weren’t interested, they were. But this is as good as they are.

“If you could look through the team, can you see anyone play for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the next five years?

“And how many of these players would be on the radar of the top clubs (right now)?

“You could make a case for Sturridge and Rashford, who did more in the five minutes coming on than the rest of the team going forward.”

Did Hamann just use the phrase "bang average"?
Oh my God... on 14:02 - Jun 28 with 4167 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spot on PP.

He made those comments on RTE within minutes of the final whistle. He was quite reserved abut it and not glorying in the result in any way, just speaking his mind. I think he's being slightly over the top to be honest but his points about the shift in power in club football are valid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oh my God... on 14:22 - Jun 28 with 4120 viewspaulparker

Spot on PP.

Good point Dave on English players going abroad , interesting that Dier our best player
was brought up in the Portuguese system he is mentally and technically head and shoulders above Henderson & Wiltshire, same could of been said about Hargreaves when he was in our midfield
I would love to see Stones, Barkley , Sterling go abroad and do well rather than stay here in there comfort zone like they are doing
if you look at the U20 team that won Toulon the lad Baker at Chelsea was top scorer he has been at Arnhem all year , surely he would be a better prospect for palace rather than a Belgium lad same as Liverpool signing Origi when they had the lad Sinclair in there youth team banging them in , yet he has now been shipped to Watford without ever getting a chance , its madness that we would rather play a Belgium prospect than one of our own and spend 30 million in the process

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oh my God... on 15:07 - Jun 28 with 4052 viewsTacticalR

Hamann's remarks reminds me of what Verheijen said about British football (which seemed to upset some people at the time)

Verheijen's stinging attack on British football
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/70675

Also worth looking on his twitter account

Air hostess clique

Oh my God... on 15:09 - Jun 28 with 4046 viewsTacticalR

Oh my God... on 13:57 - Jun 28 by Match82

Did Hamann just use the phrase "bang average"?

At least he's learned proper English while he's been over here.

Air hostess clique

Oh my God... on 15:59 - Jun 28 with 3992 viewsdaveB

Oh my God... on 11:52 - Jun 28 by paulparker

you'll be happy next season then
Oh my God... on 19:30 - Jun 28 with 3834 viewsDorse

'It is a dream come true to play for Krystal Castle. When I was a young boy in Overbarse, near Rektal, I would watch the English football show, 'Fackinell Ref mitt Jan van Der Rapist unt Chris Kamara'. I was brought up watching Jamie Pollock and Mark Bright and I said to my friends that I too would one day play in such a team... What's that? God no, I wouldn't live there. I'll commute in my diamond encrusted helicopter and wear nose-plugs when I land'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oh my God... on 20:15 - Jun 28 with 3737 viewsbosh67

This reminds me, how is our appeal against the FFP penalty going for giving a home to the infirm and elderly?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Oh my God... on 16:57 - Jul 3 with 3403 viewsFredManRave

Michy's gone to Scumland.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 19:55]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024