Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry Updates 12:14 - Jan 24 with 14481 viewsDorse

Henry on why he fell out with Ollie - http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-man-confirms-fall-holloway

Yeah. Right.

And Ollie on Henry - http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/karl-henry-not-given-qpr-contract-says-hollow

No, we wouldn't have given him a new deal either.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Karl Henry Updates on 20:35 - Jan 24 with 3171 viewsbaz_qpr

Regardless of Henry I worry that Holloway says far too much to the press, things that should be kept in-house, the dressing down of Sylla, the language things etc, it will undermine him eventually. The substances of Ollie coming in and slagging of JFH or HR is irrelevant. If Henry spoke out and tried to undermine him in front of the squad then Ollie well within his rights to bomb him out
Karl Henry Updates on 20:43 - Jan 24 with 3139 viewsDejR_vu

Karl Henry Updates on 19:39 - Jan 24 by dannyblue

I'm swimming against the tide here but I think Karl has been harshly treated over the last few weeks, both by the fans and by Holloway.

He's a limited player, and even those powers are waining, but he's not one of these who are always injured. He's always fit and available to play. To be told you won't ever be picked again is a bit harsh. To also say publicly that he shouldn't have been given the contract is unnecessarily adding insult to injury, no matter if we all agree. If you read past the 'model pro' lines, to imply that he might retire and probably can't be arsed to play any more is hardly inspiring to potential new employers. Given all Ollie's saying about him, why shouldn't Henry put his point of view across? I have no problem with that.

+1

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Karl Henry Updates on 21:04 - Jan 24 with 3067 viewssmegma

My heart bleeds for him....on his minimum wages
Karl Henry Updates on 21:54 - Jan 24 with 2948 viewsdannyblue

Mine doesn't. But I'm not going to get upset with him just because he's responded with a mild sentence or two explaining his side of the story after his boss has been spouting off about him publicly. If Holloway had kept calm and quiet then I'd have expected Henry to as well.
Karl Henry Updates on 23:17 - Jan 24 with 2825 viewsdaveB

Karl Henry Updates on 21:54 - Jan 24 by dannyblue

Mine doesn't. But I'm not going to get upset with him just because he's responded with a mild sentence or two explaining his side of the story after his boss has been spouting off about him publicly. If Holloway had kept calm and quiet then I'd have expected Henry to as well.

When has Holloway spouted off about Henry in public
Karl Henry Updates on 23:30 - Jan 24 with 2802 viewsdannyblue

Karl Henry Updates on 23:17 - Jan 24 by daveB

When has Holloway spouted off about Henry in public

To Dave Macintyre:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/karl-henry-not-given-qpr-contract-says-hollow

Spouting off is probably too strong - but it's quite frank and more than I'd expect. if I was Karl I don't think I'd be pleased.

On a related note, if I was Olamide Shodipo I don't think I'd like being compared to a puppy after a treat either. If I was Sylla I'd be a bit peeved about being threatened with being pushed out of the club because I was frustrated at being substituted.

Of course nothing wrong with trying to get a reaction from the players; and fans seem to like it too, but not sure it's necessarily the best way to get a team spirit or that it was needed with our squad who were fit, following instructions and playing for their manager without apparent cliques. I guess Olly thinks he'll make his in group feel tighter by defining an out group.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 23:34]
Karl Henry Updates on 23:34 - Jan 24 with 2797 viewsNortholt_Rs

Karl Henry Updates on 23:30 - Jan 24 by dannyblue

To Dave Macintyre:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/karl-henry-not-given-qpr-contract-says-hollow

Spouting off is probably too strong - but it's quite frank and more than I'd expect. if I was Karl I don't think I'd be pleased.

On a related note, if I was Olamide Shodipo I don't think I'd like being compared to a puppy after a treat either. If I was Sylla I'd be a bit peeved about being threatened with being pushed out of the club because I was frustrated at being substituted.

Of course nothing wrong with trying to get a reaction from the players; and fans seem to like it too, but not sure it's necessarily the best way to get a team spirit or that it was needed with our squad who were fit, following instructions and playing for their manager without apparent cliques. I guess Olly thinks he'll make his in group feel tighter by defining an out group.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 23:34]

How is this spouting off?

"He’s a fantastic man and if he stays here I will involve him as I have been involving him.

I haven’t had to do anything horrible and throw him with the kids or anything like that, because he’s a fantastic pro.

If there’s anyone out there who wants a fantastic pro who can play in midfield for this year and next year, it’s definitely Karl, so do it.

He would get a massive thumbs-up from me to anybody who wants a senior pro to help their group.”

Henry is a sh.it player and a c.unt to boot. And oh what a surprise, nobody has come in for him....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Karl Henry Updates on 23:40 - Jan 24 with 2782 viewsdannyblue

Karl Henry Updates on 23:34 - Jan 24 by Northolt_Rs

How is this spouting off?

"He’s a fantastic man and if he stays here I will involve him as I have been involving him.

I haven’t had to do anything horrible and throw him with the kids or anything like that, because he’s a fantastic pro.

If there’s anyone out there who wants a fantastic pro who can play in midfield for this year and next year, it’s definitely Karl, so do it.

He would get a massive thumbs-up from me to anybody who wants a senior pro to help their group.”

Henry is a sh.it player and a c.unt to boot. And oh what a surprise, nobody has come in for him....

You've only quoted the positive bits there but you can see there's a bit more going on if you read the whole piece. My point though is if you're happy that Holloway gives his perspective of the Henry situation out to a journalist, why get upset if Henry writes two sentences about it to his twitter followers.
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry Updates on 23:59 - Jan 24 with 2743 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Olly is the master of media manipulation. Up there in Redknapp's division.

Wasn't there a whole thing by Dave Mc a while ago where he said Olly was a right slippery sod when it came to extracting a story and there was a constant too and fro between Holloway and Paliadini? He's been around the block a few time hasn't he.

I think they have both spoken out of turn to be frank, but I am curious how supporter opinion would change if we were in a ten gaming losing streak and Henry was playing out of his skin.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 0:16]
Karl Henry Updates on 00:30 - Jan 25 with 2701 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Karl Henry Updates on 23:59 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wasn't there a whole thing by Dave Mc a while ago where he said Olly was a right slippery sod when it came to extracting a story and there was a constant too and fro between Holloway and Paliadini? He's been around the block a few time hasn't he.

I think they have both spoken out of turn to be frank, but I am curious how supporter opinion would change if we were in a ten gaming losing streak and Henry was playing out of his skin.

With all due respect, when has did would Henry play out of his skin?
Karl Henry Updates on 00:33 - Jan 25 with 2697 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karl Henry Updates on 00:30 - Jan 25 by Hoop_Du_Jour

With all due respect, when has did would Henry play out of his skin?

February 2015.

Along with two other controversial nominees!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/airasia-qpr-player-of-the-month-february-nomin
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 0:35]
Karl Henry Updates on 00:44 - Jan 25 with 2684 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Karl Henry Updates on 00:33 - Jan 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

February 2015.

Along with two other controversial nominees!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/airasia-qpr-player-of-the-month-february-nomin
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 0:35]

It's 2017, that was 2015. I need feed from now.
Karl Henry Updates on 09:16 - Jan 25 with 2501 viewsjohncharles

What we need now is a tweet from Tony.....

Strong and stable my arse.

Karl Henry Updates on 09:26 - Jan 25 with 2482 viewsqueensparker

Not seeing Karl Henry in the team has cheered me right up the last few weeks.

Yes he tries and yes he's never injured but he's gone from a limited player to a limited player well past his best. He never, ever passes forward, and most of Ned's aimless hoofs are because Henry only has one ball - straight to the full-back who is inevitably under pressure.

Ironically he was at his best in the Prem when we spent every game defending for our lives. We don't really need that now
Karl Henry Updates on 09:40 - Jan 25 with 2450 viewspaulparker

Karl Henry Updates on 23:59 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

So that's Warnock and now Ollie you've got marked down as either being crooks or slippery
why oh why do we seem to hate successful people at Rangers ? though out time on here Adel, Kenny, Warnock, Ollie have all copped stick or had slurs said against them
facts are that Henry is a woeful player, who has stolen a living at QPR the last 3 seasons
im glad we have a manger who has the balls to out players or get rid of players who are either half arsed , lazy or not good enough
well done Ollie

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Karl Henry Updates on 09:54 - Jan 25 with 3322 viewsfrancisbowles

Antti's point is correct (as reported at the time)

It is time for KH to move on but I agree with all the points made by Danny Blue. Additionally, he never hid, he was always the one showing for the ball. Yes the lack of talent showed when he got it but sometimes because others weren't making themselves available for a pass. He tried to rise above the abuse and has been 'brave' enough to put forward his views in defence of others.

We don't like him much but it is his good fortune that he has had a highly paid career.

As Baz mentiones IH and his approach, in favour at the moment but I don't recall him being so popular with some when we were losing six in a row.
Karl Henry Updates on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 3264 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karl Henry Updates on 09:40 - Jan 25 by paulparker

So that's Warnock and now Ollie you've got marked down as either being crooks or slippery
why oh why do we seem to hate successful people at Rangers ? though out time on here Adel, Kenny, Warnock, Ollie have all copped stick or had slurs said against them
facts are that Henry is a woeful player, who has stolen a living at QPR the last 3 seasons
im glad we have a manger who has the balls to out players or get rid of players who are either half arsed , lazy or not good enough
well done Ollie

He was only reporting what Dave Mc said and in that respect Ollie is probably no different to any manager. He's more straight-talking, and so labelled 'honest' but as with everyone else in the world, his truth is 'his truth' and it will differ from others.

Not sure it's in the same calibre as the others. Kenny had just had a pretty hefty suspension for his 'behaviour', Warnock certainly has skeletons - none particularly bad and none that dozens of managers have also done and probably still do - and Adel, well, man I love him. But he was not exactly a saint was he?!

We've had managers for years who have been bombing players out. That's all we've been doing! Have you noticed the squad turnover!

Bare bones.

Karl Henry Updates on 10:56 - Jan 25 with 3255 viewsrobith

Karl Henry Updates on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 3226 viewspaulparker

Karl Henry Updates on 10:46 - Jan 25 by Antti_Heinola

He was only reporting what Dave Mc said and in that respect Ollie is probably no different to any manager. He's more straight-talking, and so labelled 'honest' but as with everyone else in the world, his truth is 'his truth' and it will differ from others.

Not sure it's in the same calibre as the others. Kenny had just had a pretty hefty suspension for his 'behaviour', Warnock certainly has skeletons - none particularly bad and none that dozens of managers have also done and probably still do - and Adel, well, man I love him. But he was not exactly a saint was he?!

We've had managers for years who have been bombing players out. That's all we've been doing! Have you noticed the squad turnover!

Bazza as out and out called Warnock a crook and on the take without a shred of evidence , and now he is calling Ollie slippery because a "journalist " for a local rag said so , we love putting down past talents , yes Adel wasn't a saint but who gives a sh1t he done the business and was our league title winning captain , same as Kenny brilliant keeper who was called a fat so & so , also Rodney Marsh is given pelters on here and he put the club on the map , yet some sing for Barton, think ramsey had a beautiful smile & think Lee Harper was half decent
if Ollie is bombing out players its because he isn't putting up with any rubbish
no coincidence since chery, polter, henry, sandro have all been dropped and sold we have performed better and have a bit of fight about us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Karl Henry Updates on 11:26 - Jan 25 with 3212 viewsFDC

Karl Henry Updates on 10:56 - Jan 25 by robith

#neverforget
Karl Henry Updates on 12:03 - Jan 25 with 3153 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karl Henry Updates on 11:22 - Jan 25 by paulparker

Bazza as out and out called Warnock a crook and on the take without a shred of evidence , and now he is calling Ollie slippery because a "journalist " for a local rag said so , we love putting down past talents , yes Adel wasn't a saint but who gives a sh1t he done the business and was our league title winning captain , same as Kenny brilliant keeper who was called a fat so & so , also Rodney Marsh is given pelters on here and he put the club on the map , yet some sing for Barton, think ramsey had a beautiful smile & think Lee Harper was half decent
if Ollie is bombing out players its because he isn't putting up with any rubbish
no coincidence since chery, polter, henry, sandro have all been dropped and sold we have performed better and have a bit of fight about us

to be fair, there's quite a lot of evidence about Warnock - I've heard it directly from playes - but it's libellous to print it here, so I won't!

Also, Dave Mc is an excellent journo and his site is not a local rag.

I don't think Adel and Rodney being amazing players means they're immune to getting pelters, either, if they deserve it.

Don't think you can level a lack of fight at Chery, Polter or Henry to be honest.

Bare bones.

Karl Henry Updates on 12:43 - Jan 25 with 3072 viewspaulparker

Karl Henry Updates on 12:03 - Jan 25 by Antti_Heinola

to be fair, there's quite a lot of evidence about Warnock - I've heard it directly from playes - but it's libellous to print it here, so I won't!

Also, Dave Mc is an excellent journo and his site is not a local rag.

I don't think Adel and Rodney being amazing players means they're immune to getting pelters, either, if they deserve it.

Don't think you can level a lack of fight at Chery, Polter or Henry to be honest.

Sorry there is no evidence against NW its hear say & gossip used by those who didn't want him back here a second time, a bit like his failed coup to be DOF at Les's expense
its funny how high profile managers like Fergie, Arry, Big Sam , Pullis have all had things reported on them or been a part of investigations but Warnock has slipped under the radar even though all of these ex players you know have something on him

having seen the pathetic attempts of chery this year I feel its safe to say he wasn't up to it same as Polter who had a "back injury" over xmas , they didn't want to be here so they got shown the door

Karl Henry Updates on 13:17 - Jan 25 with 3018 viewsrsonist

You do realise that negative aspects of successful players and staff present and past can be observed without anyone diminishing or showing lack of appreciation for their achievements. It's really not necessary to defend their eternal hero shrine forever if you're over the age of five.
Karl Henry Updates on 13:30 - Jan 25 with 2999 viewspaulparker

Karl Henry Updates on 13:17 - Jan 25 by rsonist

You do realise that negative aspects of successful players and staff present and past can be observed without anyone diminishing or showing lack of appreciation for their achievements. It's really not necessary to defend their eternal hero shrine forever if you're over the age of five.

You do realise Mr Patronising that calling a former manager a crook (without any evidence) and our current manager "slippery" is just a tad over disrespectful ??
especially when these managers have done so much for our club

Karl Henry Updates on 13:31 - Jan 25 with 2994 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karl Henry Updates on 11:22 - Jan 25 by paulparker

Let me be clear PP, and feel free to refer to this as many times as you like as we do this dance every so often don't we.

Just like Anti, I heard from a player's mouth that Neil Warnock indulged in taking a fee from players in exchange for game time and signing them in the first place. It was convincing enough for me to consider him a crook. This is a QPR issue and therefore relevant to the theme of the site, hence the reason I brought it up. The fact that he was the most successful manager in my lifetime is a separate issue of which I am grateful.

As for Holloway, I worship the ground he walks on. I worship him now and I worship him then. If it was up to me he would never have left in the first place and he'd now be manager of QPR in his 16th year. The slippery sod comment is not meant as a slight if you want me to re label him a 'media magician' like a headline in The Sun I can do that for you if it stops your feelings being hurt.

Anyway I'll bookmark this so I can bring it up again in another 6 months.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 13:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024