Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Bruce out on his arse 16:28 - Oct 3 with 8484 viewsJigsore

that's unfortunate, quite fancied our chances against his ragtag bunch again this season.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:30 - Oct 3 with 6113 viewsLblock

They said a cabbage was thrown at him last night - I think it may actually have been an exact copy of his head

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:31 - Oct 3 with 6108 viewsDannyPaddox

Another chapter begins ...
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 16:37]
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:33 - Oct 3 with 6094 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45730381

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:35 - Oct 3 with 6084 viewsJigsore

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:33 - Oct 3 by CamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45730381

which begs the question... is sacking Bruce this far into the season after backing him in the summer merely stupidity from Villa's board or is it an indication of brassica balls

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:41 - Oct 3 with 6030 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:35 - Oct 3 by Jigsore

which begs the question... is sacking Bruce this far into the season after backing him in the summer merely stupidity from Villa's board or is it an indication of brassica balls

Was he the Italian full back they signed?
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:43 - Oct 3 with 6016 viewsHarbour

The money they spent the players he signed he has not done very well...just 2 points ahead of us. No wonder he has gone. Really hope we do them at LR
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:47 - Oct 3 with 5990 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:35 - Oct 3 by Jigsore

Ouch.

Nonetheless, if they don't get out of the Championship this season, they are well and truly fooked in FFP terms. Had their chance to claw their way out by selling Grealish this summer, but signed even more and rolled the dice.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:04 - Oct 3 with 5903 views2Thomas2Bowles

Perfect job for Steve McClaren

PLEASE!!!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 5773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Don't normally enjoy people losing their jobs but I find it hard to feel sorry for any manager, or indeed any club, who sign a proven racist and make him captain.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:28 - Oct 3 with 5760 viewsPhildo

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:30 - Oct 3 by Lblock

They said a cabbage was thrown at him last night - I think it may actually have been an exact copy of his head

No one knows what it was as he quickly picked it up and ate it
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:31 - Oct 3 with 5742 viewshopphoops

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 16:31 - Oct 3 by DannyPaddox

Another chapter begins ...
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 16:37]

... of his "Striker" saga please god.

Creative writing by Mytch_QPR 20 Aug 2015 9:44
In celebration of our comeback (my prediction of a 4-1 win wasn't quite right but was in the right spirit) and inspired by Steve Bruce's talents as a literary genius, I thought we could combine heads to start a story - written in the same style as the Bard Bruce. Everyone can contribute, say 300 words (3,000 if you're Neil) and we'll see how the plot develops:

Chris Ramsbottom, manager of struggling Kings Park Rovers, reversed neatly into his parking bay at Leftus Avenue and admired the impressive stadium from the windows of his Mercedes CLS. He pushed the button to engage the electro-retractable roof, which was fitted as standard to this model, and let the all alloy 3 litre engine rest to a halt. It was a desirable motor, no doubt about that - but it would all mean nothing if the Rs failed to beat Botherham in this Saturday's 6 pointer.

He had a fit body and sprinted up the steps into the bowels of the stadium. In his plush office, he reclined into his Simon Barker Knoll chair and asked Julie, his attractive blonde secretary to brew him a Lapsang Suchong tea. He'd fought many battles from the touchlines, but today this battle was going to be taking place in the boardroom as he prepared to try to hold on to his star striker, Charlie Boston. It was going to mean some hard talking with his Director of Football, Des Birdinhand and the tough-talking tycoon from Malaysia who owned KPR - Terry Fir-Nandos.

Julie leaned across the desk, giving Chris a revealing view as she served his tea.
"Are you alright", she asked - sensing the tension in the room.
"I'm fine", Chris lied - "just got a busy day ahead, that's all".
He could feel the beads of sweat already forming on his forehead.
"Well, let me know of there is anything I can do for you" Julie purred, seductively.
He sensed an emphasis on the word 'anything' and for a few moments his mind wandered.
Then, suddenly, his Apricot 9 mobile phone sprung into life - playing the theme of TVs Steptoe and Son. Chris was expecting this call...

To be continued...

[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 17:38]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:54 - Oct 3 with 5658 viewsBoston

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:28 - Oct 3 by Phildo

No one knows what it was as he quickly picked it up and ate it

Let's just say he won't have the money to stay at the Savoy anymore.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 18:09 - Oct 3 with 5606 viewsDorse

Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Almighty Atheismo - please let them go for Redknapp...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 19:27 - Oct 3 with 5465 viewsNoDiddley

There wage bill must be as much as the national debt.
Abraham, Bolasie et al............................
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 19:44 - Oct 3 with 5410 viewsloftboy

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 17:27 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Don't normally enjoy people losing their jobs but I find it hard to feel sorry for any manager, or indeed any club, who sign a proven racist and make him captain.

Don’t think he will need to be signing on any time soon Brian.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 19:58 - Oct 3 with 5381 viewsbosh67

The guy turned up for work after losing both parents in rapid succession. Just got on and did his best. Take my hat off to him. Villa and the board are a bunch of w*nkers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 20:09 - Oct 3 with 5352 viewsaston_hoop

boyhood Villa fan Dean Smith the favourite....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 20:42 - Oct 3 with 5264 viewsLblock

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 18:09 - Oct 3 by Dorse

Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Almighty Atheismo - please let them go for Redknapp...

Whheeeellll...yer know..... fentestic club, top, top, top owners..... pwopa football peeple
Yer know..... I fink they’re just 5 or 6 players away from being up there

Please let it happen

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 20:51 - Oct 3 with 5242 viewsPeterHucker

Apparently the cabbage thing was just the latest incident.
Previously someone threw the upper part of a lettuce at him.
That was just the tip of the iceberg.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:00 - Oct 3 with 5220 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I always get nervous when Steve Bruce is unemployed and we are halfway through a season with the same manager.

This scenario crops up quite frequently
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:27 - Oct 3 with 5167 viewsHunterhoop

Why is there no link to a snippet from one of his Striker series?!

That’s the only reason I click on Steve Bruce threads. I thought it was a rule of this board someone with a link or in possession of a book from the series would regale us with a snippet.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:30 - Oct 3 with 5159 viewsaston_hoop

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:27 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Why is there no link to a snippet from one of his Striker series?!

That’s the only reason I click on Steve Bruce threads. I thought it was a rule of this board someone with a link or in possession of a book from the series would regale us with a snippet.

Go on then...

https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel-293169

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:31 - Oct 3 with 5156 viewsNorthernr

Bosh makes a point worthy of attention, about how he handled that horrible situation last year where he lost both his parents at the same time. That's an evil thing to happen to a person. I lost my dad 20 years ago and I'm still not over it, to lose both parents at once is unimaginable. In my experience they made me go straight back to school, preached how important it was to "get back to normality", kept going on about how important my fcking GCSEs were, when in actual fact I needed some time off and it just built bitterness and resentment making me go and sit in a sht school with sht people while feeling sht. Carrying on with a stressful job like football manager while dealing with that must be near impossible, and he was very dignified through the whole thing. Probably, in a way, good that he's been sacked, he can go and have a proper break and a rest.

However...

If you actually assess the job he's done there from a football point of view, it's on a Redknapp level of appalling. He's been allowed to spend £12m on a striker three times - Scott Hogan can't get fit and is stuck to the bench, Ross McCormack can't get out of his own garden, and Jonathan Kodija is in and out. £36m later they're still reliant on loaning in Lewis Grabban last year and Tammy Abraham this. And he's allowed to do that, despite wasting all that money. We spunked one £2m load on Connor Washington and that was it, money gambled, no more strikers for you.

He let's Nathan Baker, good Championship centre back out of their youth team, go to Bristol City for nothing moaning about FFP. He does it to create room for Big Racist John, who spends half the week at Chelsea, and Chris Samba, who's fcking rubbish. When they're both clearly done and released at the end of the season he starts moaning about not having enough centre backs, while Baker gets into the League Cup semi-final at Bristol City.

He has Albert Adomah as his POTY, tries to bomb him out on deadline day, fails, and benches him. He's allowed to sign Yannick Bolasie, a winger Everton paid £25m for, and he doesn't know what to do with him, so he's on the bench. He bankrupts the club once, misses promotion doing it, gets kept on by another rich owner who lets him spend a whole load more money, and they're still crap.

He's got Grealish, Bolasie, Adomah, Kodija, Hogan, Abraham, Hourihane, Lansbury and Green to pick from - all bar Grealish he's signed - and he can't win games at Championship level, against teams like us, Rotherham, Preston, Reading and so on. All the while keeps trotting out nonsense about how hard his job is, how nobody else would want it, how badly done to he's been, how few options he's got.

He's taken the absolute pis there.
Steve Bruce out on his arse on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 5078 viewsBerkoRanger

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 20:51 - Oct 3 by PeterHucker

Apparently the cabbage thing was just the latest incident.
Previously someone threw the upper part of a lettuce at him.
That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Steve Bruce out on his arse on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 5034 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Actually, he is a Harry Redknapp for the next generation.

He has achieved certain success but everywhere he has been he has left after doing the clubs money big time.

Birmingham
Wigan
Sunderland
Hull

and now Villa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024