Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! 01:05 - Dec 24 with 2757 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice !

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 01:41 - Dec 24 with 1997 viewswessex_exile

Six inwardly-focused selfish objectives, only one concerned for the greater good - easy one for me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 11:17 - Dec 24 with 1976 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 01:41 - Dec 24 by wessex_exile

Six inwardly-focused selfish objectives, only one concerned for the greater good - easy one for me.

Very deep Wessex - God indeed knows the heart

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 16:00 - Dec 24 with 1947 viewsnoah4x4

Mrs Noah has bought enough grub to survive a nuclear war so grub won't be an issue until Easter. Everybody close is feeling the love via my wallet, suffice that she will leave me alone until they return home after Boxing Day when she next needs to talk to me again having disposessed me of the remote control. Had an unexpected £247 tax rebate (hence better than a £150 Lottery win) suffice to cover seven days alcohol indulgence whilst further reinforcing the sustainability of meeting condition one. Ipswich will lose the next three games. However, I am not convinced Marc Bolan released more than one solo L.P, albeit at least two complilations of T-Rex and Tyrannasurus Rex compositions were released posthumously under his name but sadly, he didn't cash in. Prior to his death he did have six solo singles, one an E.P., but as a solo artist his single L.P is perhaps rarer than rocking horse poo.

So it's an easy decision. 3 points for the U's on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 16:43]
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 21:15 - Dec 24 with 1904 viewsGOSBTS

As a Christian I should say for everyone to feel the love, but I would quite like a home win on Saturday against Morecambe as I shall be in attendance! 3 points on Boxing Day would be nice but I shall be spending the day at home with family and watching the Albion v Arsenal on Sky.
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 22:30 - Dec 24 with 1896 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 16:00 - Dec 24 by noah4x4

Mrs Noah has bought enough grub to survive a nuclear war so grub won't be an issue until Easter. Everybody close is feeling the love via my wallet, suffice that she will leave me alone until they return home after Boxing Day when she next needs to talk to me again having disposessed me of the remote control. Had an unexpected £247 tax rebate (hence better than a £150 Lottery win) suffice to cover seven days alcohol indulgence whilst further reinforcing the sustainability of meeting condition one. Ipswich will lose the next three games. However, I am not convinced Marc Bolan released more than one solo L.P, albeit at least two complilations of T-Rex and Tyrannasurus Rex compositions were released posthumously under his name but sadly, he didn't cash in. Prior to his death he did have six solo singles, one an E.P., but as a solo artist his single L.P is perhaps rarer than rocking horse poo.

So it's an easy decision. 3 points for the U's on Boxing Day.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 16:43]

Superb

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 22:31 - Dec 24 with 1895 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 21:15 - Dec 24 by GOSBTS

As a Christian I should say for everyone to feel the love, but I would quite like a home win on Saturday against Morecambe as I shall be in attendance! 3 points on Boxing Day would be nice but I shall be spending the day at home with family and watching the Albion v Arsenal on Sky.

🙌🏼

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 1804 viewsthrillseeker

First of the 3 games for the Shit was a loss. Hopefully another defeat Saturday.

If the Shit are 10 points clear on 31 December 2018 I can begin to dream they will be relegated. I do worry though that Lambert will do something spectacular and keep them up. I do hope I am wrong
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 10:51 - Dec 28 with 1799 viewsGOSBTS

From listening to Radio Suffolk daily, I don't think he will be able to. I've never seen them play but Lambert waxes lyrical quite a lot. Every time they lose he says they're just shy of being a great team. Reckon he'll be saying it until April. At the same time as saying all that, he doesn't sound very hopeful of buying any decent players and acknowledges how young his side are.

I've only been following Col U for a season or so now but I imagine a derby with Ipswich would be quite a tasty affair!?
Login to get fewer ads

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 12:11 - Dec 28 with 1793 viewsMoor_Pinot

That is correct!

Moor Pinot

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 08:36 - Dec 30 with 1766 viewsthrillseeker

The 2nd of the 3 matches lost by the Shit.

Just seen the Shit play Millwall in their 3rd game. Will take a draw but a loss would be brilliant.

Shame CUFC do not seem to want to keep their end of the agreement and get promoted
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 1760 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 08:36 - Dec 30 by thrillseeker

Just seen the Shit play Millwall in their 3rd game. Will take a draw but a loss would be brilliant.

Shame CUFC do not seem to want to keep their end of the agreement and get promoted

Are Ipswich far more hated than Southend ?

Why is this so - because with no disrespect Ipswich are quite a big club.

Or maybe it’s a West Ham / Millwall
Scenario.

I’d like to know if this hatred is purely geographical
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 10:54]

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 16:54 - Dec 31 with 1720 viewsthrillseeker

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 10:53 - Dec 30 by TheHappyGooner

Are Ipswich far more hated than Southend ?

Why is this so - because with no disrespect Ipswich are quite a big club.

Or maybe it’s a West Ham / Millwall
Scenario.

I’d like to know if this hatred is purely geographical
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 10:54]

In my eyes the Shit have always been our biggest rivals despite the fact we are normally leagues apart.

Sarfend have never bothered me.

My hatred of the Shit started in the early 1980's. They were good 1978 - 1983 and jealousy always got the better of me.

The area of Colchester I grew up in was very pro Colchester and anti Shit and those friends I grew up with are also the same as me. Some no longer go to football but I can guarantee they would all be out for a game against the Shit

By the late 80's, early 90's I hated seeing people at North Station going to watch the Shit instead of supporting CUFC, my hometown club.

I got into mischief on a number of occasions when younger that usually involved clashes with Shit fans. I look back at these occasions with amusement as now older and wiser I cannot believe some of the things my friends and I got up to.

The Shit are a bigger club than CUFC but they will always be my most hated.

I even avoid going to the Shit for shopping etc. Other than football with CUFC it must be nearly 25 years since I last went there.

I just can't stand the town and football club.

The above may sound childish to some but I just cannot grow up when discussing the Shit.

So much for seasonal goodwill but you did ask.

Happy New Year to you all. Fingers crossed Lambert continues the good work of Paul Hurst
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 19:21]
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 20:51 - Dec 31 with 1701 viewsGOSBTS

My connections with Essex/Colchester only began when I met my wife two and a half years ago, but in that time I have met plenty of Ipswich fans here (including my mother-in-law) but not a single Southend fan! Not heard anyone from Colchester/Clacton area even mention Southend as a town in any context. As a Sudbury dweller now and a daily listener of Radio Suffolk, it gives me great amusement every morning to hear of Ipswich's worsening plight!
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 21:16 - Dec 31 with 1700 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 16:54 - Dec 31 by thrillseeker

In my eyes the Shit have always been our biggest rivals despite the fact we are normally leagues apart.

Sarfend have never bothered me.

My hatred of the Shit started in the early 1980's. They were good 1978 - 1983 and jealousy always got the better of me.

The area of Colchester I grew up in was very pro Colchester and anti Shit and those friends I grew up with are also the same as me. Some no longer go to football but I can guarantee they would all be out for a game against the Shit

By the late 80's, early 90's I hated seeing people at North Station going to watch the Shit instead of supporting CUFC, my hometown club.

I got into mischief on a number of occasions when younger that usually involved clashes with Shit fans. I look back at these occasions with amusement as now older and wiser I cannot believe some of the things my friends and I got up to.

The Shit are a bigger club than CUFC but they will always be my most hated.

I even avoid going to the Shit for shopping etc. Other than football with CUFC it must be nearly 25 years since I last went there.

I just can't stand the town and football club.

The above may sound childish to some but I just cannot grow up when discussing the Shit.

So much for seasonal goodwill but you did ask.

Happy New Year to you all. Fingers crossed Lambert continues the good work of Paul Hurst
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 19:21]

A passionful response ( if there is such a word)

Good reading

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 17:00 - Jan 1 with 1670 viewsthrillseeker

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 08:36 - Dec 30 by thrillseeker

The Shit complete the hat-trick, the 3rd loss of 3 matches.

Shame the U's had such a bad result
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 13:22 - Jan 3 with 1639 viewsTheHappyGooner

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 17:00 - Jan 1 by thrillseeker

The Shit complete the hat-trick, the 3rd loss of 3 matches.

Shame the U's had such a bad result

Yup May all your wishes come true and it surely did - amazing

Deffo doomed

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 18:35 - Jan 3 with 1618 viewsthrillseeker

I will only be happy once relegation confirmed
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 20:20 - Jan 5 with 1589 viewsthrillseeker

I know it was the FA Cup but good to see the Shit lose again
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 20:30 - Jan 5 with 1587 viewsLeadbelly

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 20:20 - Jan 5 by thrillseeker

I know it was the FA Cup but good to see the Shit lose again

Yes...but it would have been even better if they’d lost in a replay at home. An extra game and even more embarrassing.

As an aside, the natives are getting restless with talk of pitch invasions in protest against Evans to force him to sell and some even calling for Lambert to be sacked already. Very amusing.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 1524 viewsLeadbelly

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 20:30 - Jan 5 by Leadbelly

Yes...but it would have been even better if they’d lost in a replay at home. An extra game and even more embarrassing.

As an aside, the natives are getting restless with talk of pitch invasions in protest against Evans to force him to sell and some even calling for Lambert to be sacked already. Very amusing.

Chaos continues up the road as Ian Milne leaves his position this month. Perhaps they can sign a new MD...on loan of course.

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 21:19 - Jan 12 with 1442 viewsthrillseeker

DISASTER.

I really hope this is not the beginning of a Lambert inspired revival
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 21:36 - Jan 12 with 1440 viewsmfb_cufc

Don't panic thrills. They only had three shots, with one on target, against a team who had not won away for 38 Championship games. They took a right battering in the second-half, but got away with it. The rubbish teams at the bottom always manage to get the odd undeserved win, but they are not likely to be so lucky very often. Big win for them though because the gap to survival is now 7 points. If they had lost today it would have been 13.

mfb

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 06:38 - Jan 28 with 1349 viewsthrillseeker

Return to normal service for the Shit.

Shame our players/ club are doing their best not to get promoted
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 1286 viewsthrillseeker

Another welcome result
A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 17:48 - Feb 5 with 1241 viewsLeadbelly

A Christmas Question poll ? If you only had one choice ! on 17:24 - Feb 3 by thrillseeker

Another welcome result

And another easy game on Sunday in the Old Farm Derby!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024