Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could be worse 15:50 - Mar 17 with 1591 viewsLeadbelly

Whilst most of us are less than happy with recent performances and results at Col U spare a thought for the fans of Fort William in the Highland League.

Following a hard fought 12 - 1 loss at Turriff Utd yesterday they remain bottom of the table. The mind boggling numbers are:

P27 W0 D2 L25 F17 A199 GD -182

They really do have something to moan about.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Could be worse on 16:14 - Mar 17 with 1580 viewsmfb_cufc

Don't tell me they have McGreals brother as manager.

mfb

Could be worse on 16:18 - Mar 17 with 1579 viewsLeadbelly

Could be worse on 16:14 - Mar 17 by mfb_cufc

Don't tell me they have McGreals brother as manager.

His cousin...John McMcGreal

Could be worse on 19:02 - Mar 17 with 1558 viewswessex_exile

Those two draws must have felt pretty special :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Could be worse on 19:26 - Mar 17 with 1547 viewsLeadbelly

Could be worse on 19:02 - Mar 17 by wessex_exile

Those two draws must have felt pretty special :-)

I’m sure they did.

Believe it or not Fort William were actually winning a game 1 - 0 against Wick Academy earlier this month. Weather conditions were terrible and after 38 minutes the game was abandoned after the Wick ‘keeper got mud in his eye!

Could be worse on 20:02 - Mar 17 with 1539 viewsbwildered

Mon
McBoss to keeper GK coach - Keeper only conceded three goals and had a blinder in kick about .
GK- Don't worry only three points dropped . Will have a word .

Fri
McBoss to GK - How did week go,recommendations ?
GK - Had appointment at Specsaves, trained well all week, can't drop me .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Could be worse on 22:08 - Mar 17 with 1522 viewsFruitbat

They have form. According to Wikipedia they finished last 14 times in 18 seasons up to 2013/14. That's pretty impressive. Fortunately for them, unlike the Lowland League, there doesn't appear to be any relegation from the HFL.
Could be worse on 14:09 - Mar 20 with 1372 viewsLeadbelly

Could be worse on 22:08 - Mar 17 by Fruitbat

They have form. According to Wikipedia they finished last 14 times in 18 seasons up to 2013/14. That's pretty impressive. Fortunately for them, unlike the Lowland League, there doesn't appear to be any relegation from the HFL.

They certainly do, even if that form is unremittingly dire. Despite this there is something strangely alluring about them!

This season's result make for very interesting reading. Highlights, if you will, as follows:

Conceded double figures in 4 of the first 5 league games (and in several more times since)

Worst league defeat was 14 - 0

Dumped out of the North of Scotland Cup in the first round after losing 0 - 16 to Inverness Caledonian Thistle

I spent a very pleasant week just outside Fort William several years ago and also passed through a couple of times when visiting family on Skye. It's a lovely part of the world anyway but the guaranteed goal fest at any home game means a trip up there next season is a must. Fort William FC now my official Scottish club.

Could be worse on 18:15 - Mar 20 with 1348 viewsbwildered

Considering the fortunes of the club just north of the Essex border, just a glory boy Lead !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Could be worse on 17:39 - Mar 21 with 1286 viewsdurham_exile

Could be worse on 19:26 - Mar 17 by Leadbelly

I’m sure they did.

Believe it or not Fort William were actually winning a game 1 - 0 against Wick Academy earlier this month. Weather conditions were terrible and after 38 minutes the game was abandoned after the Wick ‘keeper got mud in his eye!

When my son worked at John O Groats for two years I always visited and now look out for Wick's results in the highland league.

Their stadium and pitch are actually pretty good but the weather is often horrific thus putting paid to many of the winter fixtures.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Could be worse on 19:32 - Mar 21 with 1276 viewsFruitbat

I watched Scotland on the telly this afternoon. Based on that I think there might be some call ups in the offing for Fort William players. They can't be any worse.
Could be worse on 18:42 - Mar 23 with 1159 viewsmfb_cufc

Just the 11-0 defeat today.

mfb

Could be worse on 18:46 - Mar 23 with 1155 viewsLeadbelly

Could be worse on 18:42 - Mar 23 by mfb_cufc

Just the 11-0 defeat today.

Things are looking up!

Highland League kicks off in July so I’m hoping an early season home game coincides with my two weeks off in the summer. Can’t wait.

Could be worse on 15:44 - Apr 6 with 840 viewsdurham_exile

Fort William v Nairn start delayed because the pitch was covered in deer excrement.

Apparently now fit to start play.

Clearly someone had organised a stag do which got very mucky.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Could be worse on 17:39 - Apr 6 with 822 viewsdurham_exile

Could be worse on 15:44 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Fort William v Nairn start delayed because the pitch was covered in deer excrement.

Apparently now fit to start play.

Clearly someone had organised a stag do which got very mucky.

Up the U's

After the deer intervention Fort William still in a rut after a 6-2 home defeat to Nairn.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024