Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury 16:09 - Aug 5 with 5317 viewsdavman

https://www.football.london/championship/bristol-city-contact-qpr-fulham-1670290

About bloody time too. Excellent call by Lee Johnson - it is the referees responsibility to manage injuries.

That's one path to time wasting cut off...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 18:14 - Aug 6 with 791 viewsterryb

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 15:28 - Aug 6 by actonman

Works in rugby ( I think ) albeit 80 mins

There is more time wasting in Rugby Union than any other sport!

How long does it take for a scrum to take place? Collapse the scrum & that will be times two!

I think they are allowed 90 seconds to take a kick at goal after the ball has beeen placed (it might be 60).

A lineout takes an eternity. Etc. Etc.

The clock stops for none of these.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:13 - Aug 6 with 755 viewsGroveR

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:28 - Aug 5 by terryb

Are you seriously sugesting that the game shouldn't be stopped for a broken leg etc?

Of course a lot of the time players going to ground doesn't warrant stopping the game, but it is more than head injuries that does require a break in play.

In do agree with Northern though that it is a nightmare for the referee!

I'm pretty sure Gareth Ainsworth tried to run off a spiral fracture once but he was fùcking nails.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 731 viewsloftboy

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:13 - Aug 6 by GroveR

I'm pretty sure Gareth Ainsworth tried to run off a spiral fracture once but he was fùcking nails.

Against Luton the day we virtually relegated them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:15 - Aug 6 with 716 viewsFredManRave

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 23:11 - Aug 5 by actonman

Big clock thing , most grounds have them , play stops - clock stops
90 mins is 90 mins , Preston can lay on the floor as many times as they like

Simple

Agreed. Although just to clarify, clock stop when player goes down "injured".

It really is that simple, imo.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:38 - Aug 6 with 698 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 07:08 - Aug 6 by distortR

How about players who halt play being assessed by a neutral referee?

If it's found they went down for no good reason, they could donate that weeks wages to a charity of my choice.

I liked the suggestion I heard on the radio that anyone feigning an injury should be given the actual injury they were feigning.

This would add to the spectacle of the game considerably as the Ref gets the physio's confirmation, nods and signals to the touchline and a big bloke in FA strip comes on with the torture instrument of choice. "The ref gives the signal and...yes! It's the big mallet!"
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 682 viewsFredManRave

"I liked the suggestion I heard on the radio that anyone feigning an injury should be given the actual injury they were feigning".

Brilliant.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 23:12 - Aug 6 with 649 viewsMatch82

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:38 - Aug 6 by CiderwithRsie

I liked the suggestion I heard on the radio that anyone feigning an injury should be given the actual injury they were feigning.

This would add to the spectacle of the game considerably as the Ref gets the physio's confirmation, nods and signals to the touchline and a big bloke in FA strip comes on with the torture instrument of choice. "The ref gives the signal and...yes! It's the big mallet!"

Joel Lynch would be chomping at the bit mid November trying to figure out what type of injury would be least painful but with exactly 8 week recovery period
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 00:19 - Aug 7 with 621 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 13:25 - Aug 6 by stowmarketrange

So how do we cut down the amount of deliberate cheating of players from winning teams faking injuries to waste time?

Employ someone in the VAR team with medical expertise whose sole job is to monitor challenges and report serious or fake injuries to the referee.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 00:28 - Aug 7 with 617 viewsstowmarketrange

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 00:19 - Aug 7 by Benny_the_Ball

Employ someone in the VAR team with medical expertise whose sole job is to monitor challenges and report serious or fake injuries to the referee.

We don’t have var where Preston play.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:52 - Aug 7 with 543 viewsGroveR

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:59 - Aug 6 by loftboy

Against Luton the day we virtually relegated them.

Fair play, I'd run off an amputated leg to send them down.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 06:25 - Aug 9 with 454 viewsPeterHucker

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 23:11 - Aug 5 by actonman

Big clock thing , most grounds have them , play stops - clock stops
90 mins is 90 mins , Preston can lay on the floor as many times as they like

Simple

Yes to this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024