Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So called classic films you’ve never seen. 14:06 - Aug 27 with 9354 viewsSnipper

I’ve never seen:

Gladiator
Pulp Fiction
Braveheart
The Godfather parts 2&3
Taxi Driver

And loads more I can’t think of.

Not classics, but I’ve heard people rave about them:

Any spaghetti western film
Any Harry Potter film
Any Indiana Jones film
Any Fast and Furious film.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 14:45 - Aug 27 with 4277 viewscolinallcars

Classic is a much overused word especially in films and pop music. My wife bought a DVD of a film called The Favourite recently because people were raving about it and calling it a future “classic” I think it was one of the worst films I've ever seen.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 14:50 - Aug 27 with 4262 viewssmegma

Snipper, of your list , Ive only seen Pulp Fiction and Taxi Driver. As they say, Taxi Driver is a classic.

Ive never seen any Star Wars, Star Trek , or any superhero fillums, apart from the 1960s Batman with Adam West. Now that's a comedy classic.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 14:51]
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 14:54 - Aug 27 with 4248 viewsTonto

Ive never read a Harry Potter book on the grounds I am an adult and ITS A CHILDREN BOOK.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 15:01 - Aug 27 with 4217 viewsBoston

I’ll join the ‘me too’ movement here. I rarely watch any films, nor mainstream tv. When did ‘reality’ become lowest common denominator?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 15:08 - Aug 27 with 4204 viewsEsox_Lucius

I have a collection of approx. 2500 dvd's, mostly films so there are aren't many films I haven't seen LOL. I tend to stream them these days and watch around 2-3 films a week.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 19:45]

The grass is always greener.

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 15:14 - Aug 27 with 4179 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not many on your list I haven’t seen.

One film I did see recently that I wasn’t expecting to like was La La Land. To my surprise I really enjoyed it.

Another that a lot of people seem to rate is Synecdoche New York. I’ve tried watching it several times but it just completely baffles me. I’ve got absolutely no idea what it’s about.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 15:18 - Aug 27 with 4179 viewsSnipper

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 14:50 - Aug 27 by smegma

Snipper, of your list , Ive only seen Pulp Fiction and Taxi Driver. As they say, Taxi Driver is a classic.

Ive never seen any Star Wars, Star Trek , or any superhero fillums, apart from the 1960s Batman with Adam West. Now that's a comedy classic.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 14:51]

Ha ha, you’re right about the 1960s Batman film. Pure comedy gold.

I saw the first two Star Wars films, both at the pictures, but only went coz my mates were going. I think they’re absolutely shite. Same goes for superhero films.

I’ll have to download Taxi Driver.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:06 - Aug 27 with 4108 viewskensalriser

Star Wars.

Haven't seen Braveheart either, well not more than a few minutes of it. Utter guff. And Mel Gibson is a massive tw.at.

Taxi Driver is brilliant.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:07 - Aug 27 with 4104 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ah, but what about classics that you've just never got round to, but might still be classics.

Watched Citizen Kane when I was about 30. Brilliant. Didn't get round to It's A Wonderful Life until about 3 Christmases ago - thought it was lovely and moving. Somehow I missed all the Back To The Future series, I've got them stored up for some time I'm feeling miserable.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:12 - Aug 27 with 4091 viewsToast_R

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:07 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

Ah, but what about classics that you've just never got round to, but might still be classics.

Watched Citizen Kane when I was about 30. Brilliant. Didn't get round to It's A Wonderful Life until about 3 Christmases ago - thought it was lovely and moving. Somehow I missed all the Back To The Future series, I've got them stored up for some time I'm feeling miserable.

Watched it'a a wonderfull Life last xmas. Enjoyed it. I like watching old movies, when you consider pretty much all of the people involved in making it are now brown bread, sends a shiver down ya.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:28 - Aug 27 with 4064 viewsCroydonCaptJack

It's a Wonderful Life is a great film.

A few months ago my wife came up with the idea of collecting all the Oscar winners for best film on DVD. I picked up loads for practically nothing in charity shops but we seem to have got behind with watching them so I have stopped looking in the short term.

My most overrated film has to be Chariots of Fire which I though was poor.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:31 - Aug 27 with 4058 viewsderbyhoop

For my 60th birthday we did Desert Island Screening at local art house cinema. I chose the film and needed at least 30 guests. We had 35 or 36. Casablanca was my choice. Half the guests had never seen it all the way through.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:33 - Aug 27 with 4055 viewsloftboy

Any of the Star Wars films

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:58 - Aug 27 with 4016 viewscolinallcars

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:31 - Aug 27 by derbyhoop

For my 60th birthday we did Desert Island Screening at local art house cinema. I chose the film and needed at least 30 guests. We had 35 or 36. Casablanca was my choice. Half the guests had never seen it all the way through.

Casablanca is my favourite. Few films can boast so many sayings that went into common parlance. Just to think the film very nearly didn't get made at all due to various difficulties. Quite a few of the cast were refugees themselves.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 17:39 - Aug 27 with 3943 viewsGroveR

Debbie Does Dallas.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:00 - Aug 27 with 3901 viewsterryb

I've never seen, or had any wish to see a James Bond film!

I doubt if I've seen as much as an hour of clips of them combined.

I can't get enough of John Le Carre films though!
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 3889 viewsPeterHucker

Never seen Top Gun or hardly any other Tom Cruise films because he cannot act at all.
See also Bruce Willis.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:23 - Aug 27 with 3865 viewsNed_Kennedys

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:07 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

Watched 12 Angry Men for the first time recently: amazing film. I think the TV scheduling nowadays is rubbish as you hardly ever get to see the old classic movies anywhere: they tend to repeat the same films over and over.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 3857 viewsPunteR

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:10 - Aug 27 by PeterHucker

Never seen Top Gun or hardly any other Tom Cruise films because he cannot act at all.
See also Bruce Willis.

You've never watched Die Hard..??

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 3716 viewsqueensparker

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:00 - Aug 27 by terryb

I've never seen, or had any wish to see a James Bond film!

I doubt if I've seen as much as an hour of clips of them combined.

I can't get enough of John Le Carre films though!

Whether you think they’re any good or not this is the most impressive achievement- they were about the only films on TV for about 30 years! Surely you saw one even if by accident?

(Live and Let Die is best btw)
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 20:50 - Aug 27 with 3706 viewsqueensparker

Love film and own hundreds of VHS/DVDs but still haven’t seen some of the all time “classics” mentioned here and all over the place: Casablanca, Citizen Kane, la Dolce Vita, Godfather

Was planning a retirement of fine weed and a pile of films to catch up on but not confident of making it to 75 if I’ve got to keep bloody working until then
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 20:51 - Aug 27 with 3698 viewsLythamR

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 18:10 - Aug 27 by PeterHucker

See also Bruce Willis.

I would offer up
born on the 4th of July
Rainman

as 2 Tom Cruise films that are well worth the effort and could be classed as modern classics
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 21:37 - Aug 27 with 3650 viewsqprxtc

Debbie Does Dallas.

Hopefully it won’t be an anticlimax.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 3617 viewsqprxtc

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 17:39 - Aug 27 by GroveR

Debbie Does Dallas.

Bloody ell🙀

Sloppy seconds again.
So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 22:32 - Aug 27 with 3548 viewsCiderwithRsie

So called classic films you’ve never seen. on 16:31 - Aug 27 by derbyhoop

Great choice and interesting that half your guests had never seen it. The Desrt Island thing sounds great, you've got me thinking about what I'd choose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024