Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday 19:08 - Nov 11 with 3109 viewsdurham_exile

Apparently 2,500 from Poorman Road are coming.

Lamburke says he may play 2 youngsters. Come off it he will play a full strength side, he doesn't want to lose to Col U.

After Saturday we want to get back to winning ways.

UTU's we

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:23 - Nov 12 with 840 viewswessex_exile

Hahhahahaha - what a hoot!!!

Commiserations Ipshit, but thanks for the ticket sale cash

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:24 - Nov 12 with 834 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:23 - Nov 12 by wessex_exile

Hahhahahaha - what a hoot!!!

Commiserations Ipshit, but thanks for the ticket sale cash

Great stuff

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:26 - Nov 12 with 832 viewsGOSBTS

Bravo!! Got stuck in 30 minutes of traffic along Axial Way near the stadium - almost wish I’d parked up and gone to the game now! Looking forward to hearing the verdict on Radio Suffolk tomorrow morning.
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:31 - Nov 12 with 818 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:26 - Nov 12 by GOSBTS

Bravo!! Got stuck in 30 minutes of traffic along Axial Way near the stadium - almost wish I’d parked up and gone to the game now! Looking forward to hearing the verdict on Radio Suffolk tomorrow morning.

The EADT will be publishing a special edition with black edging

Essentially wiping the scoreline from the record.

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:41 - Nov 12 with 811 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:31 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

The EADT will be publishing a special edition with black edging

Essentially wiping the scoreline from the record.

UTU's

Attendance 5,104 with 2,781 farmers

EADT report is so bitter it's unbelievable
They are calling Clampin spectacular strike a fluke how dare they
Hope the A12 delays them getting home
UTU's
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 21:49]

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:57 - Nov 12 with 801 viewsoxfcolu

Good result tonight, but have to agree with Durham. The EADT summary was so biased I stopped reading it. No decent football reporter use the word fluke he even tried to say it was a clearance.
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 22:13 - Nov 12 with 785 viewsgerry_us

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:57 - Nov 12 by oxfcolu

Good result tonight, but have to agree with Durham. The EADT summary was so biased I stopped reading it. No decent football reporter use the word fluke he even tried to say it was a clearance.

Feel so sorry for the tractor boys...

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 22:28 - Nov 12 with 776 viewsGOSBTS

Not a bad turn out from the U’s faithful in the end either!
Login to get fewer ads

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:33 - Nov 12 with 751 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 22:28 - Nov 12 by GOSBTS

Not a bad turn out from the U’s faithful in the end either!

Lamburke we were beaten by a tackle what a louse he is

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 00:23 - Nov 13 with 746 viewsnoah4x4

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:41 - Nov 12 by durham_exile

Attendance 5,104 with 2,781 farmers

EADT report is so bitter it's unbelievable
They are calling Clampin spectacular strike a fluke how dare they
Hope the A12 delays them getting home
UTU's
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 21:49]

The A12 won't delay them.

Best chant of the night "one nil, and a long walk home".

I swear half must live on Highwoods and St John's given how many walked down dog shi5 alley to the Mill Road Water Tower.
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 08:34 - Nov 13 with 710 viewsburnsieespana

Friend of mine was convinced we had our strongest team out and they all were boys. When I explained otherwise the chat went very quiet 🤫!
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 10:46 - Nov 13 with 697 viewsgerry_us

Even McGreal can't manage to give credit when it is due stating to the Gazette that it was a "lucky strike". Man, he should have been lauding it over the tractor Boys, not belittling his own team. What is a matter with the guy.
When does Wayne Brown become available?
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 11:13 - Nov 13 with 692 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 10:46 - Nov 13 by gerry_us

Even McGreal can't manage to give credit when it is due stating to the Gazette that it was a "lucky strike". Man, he should have been lauding it over the tractor Boys, not belittling his own team. What is a matter with the guy.
When does Wayne Brown become available?

Gerry after the FA Cup final!

After we sign Jerome Slew!!!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 11:48 - Nov 13 with 685 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 11:13 - Nov 13 by durham_exile

Gerry after the FA Cup final!

After we sign Jerome Slew!!!!

UTU's

I second both those comments!!

Spot on Gerry, why on earth didn't the manager really milk the goal and give Clampin some credit to grow his own player. Baffling anti-management.

Moor Pinot

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 12:08 - Nov 13 with 676 viewswessex_exile

As mentioned on the OMB, it was Lapslie's pass which really made the goal - if he hadn't played it short, Clampin would never have had to lash at it, and never would have scored - Lapslie gets an assist because of his poor pass

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 12:34 - Nov 13 with 671 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 12:08 - Nov 13 by wessex_exile

As mentioned on the OMB, it was Lapslie's pass which really made the goal - if he hadn't played it short, Clampin would never have had to lash at it, and never would have scored - Lapslie gets an assist because of his poor pass

Wessex totally agree about the assist!!!!!

It was a tremendous strike from Clampin and I am not only disappointed by a lack of appreciation from JM but also the amount of sour grapes consumed by the Suffolk Fiends, EADT, Lamburke is simply breath-taking.

A really special strike and a deserved match winner.

Bring on the home match in the round of 32

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 17:27 - Nov 13 with 635 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 12:34 - Nov 13 by durham_exile

Wessex totally agree about the assist!!!!!

It was a tremendous strike from Clampin and I am not only disappointed by a lack of appreciation from JM but also the amount of sour grapes consumed by the Suffolk Fiends, EADT, Lamburke is simply breath-taking.

A really special strike and a deserved match winner.

Bring on the home match in the round of 32

UTU's

Have looked again at Clampins wonder strike I was reminded of a similar distance goal from Bobby Gough at Layer Road many years ago.

I cannot remember who it was against but he scored from about 40 yards towards the Layer Road end of the ground.

Certainly despite the bias shown by EADT et Al it was a brilliant strike and had Ronaldo or Messi scored a similar goal we would be subject to replay after replay on TV.

Let us enjoy the magnificence of his strike and the victory against the Farmers.

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 18:40 - Nov 13 with 623 viewsnoah4x4

Saw it live and today a replay. Goalkeeper off line, congested penalty box, it was a clear attempt to send it back into the danger zone. How Lambert saw it as a “tackle” is ridiculous. The Ipswich forward isn’t that close. When Coventry found the net from distance due to defence/keeper poor positioning we didn’t bitch and argue “fluke”. It was OUR player(s) error.

Not even a mention of last nights result on ITV local news. The lack of graciousness in defeat by all located North of Essex is astonishing. I vote it best strike since Greg Halfords thunderbolt v Sheffield Wednesday at Layer Road. Ipswich fielded a strong team. We were missing three internationals. Hope Ipswich’s season turns downward on this result. Town Fans will soon be on Lambert’s back. U’s versus Man United will be forming positive U’s opinion in schools. What an opportunity for our club.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 18:44]
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:29 - Nov 13 with 594 viewsGOSBTS

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 18:40 - Nov 13 by noah4x4

Saw it live and today a replay. Goalkeeper off line, congested penalty box, it was a clear attempt to send it back into the danger zone. How Lambert saw it as a “tackle” is ridiculous. The Ipswich forward isn’t that close. When Coventry found the net from distance due to defence/keeper poor positioning we didn’t bitch and argue “fluke”. It was OUR player(s) error.

Not even a mention of last nights result on ITV local news. The lack of graciousness in defeat by all located North of Essex is astonishing. I vote it best strike since Greg Halfords thunderbolt v Sheffield Wednesday at Layer Road. Ipswich fielded a strong team. We were missing three internationals. Hope Ipswich’s season turns downward on this result. Town Fans will soon be on Lambert’s back. U’s versus Man United will be forming positive U’s opinion in schools. What an opportunity for our club.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2019 18:44]

Lambert engages in a lot of doublespeak. Prior to the Ipswich v Lincoln FA Cup game on Saturday he said he sympathised with Town fans having to fork out for numerous away trips. Then what does he do? Puts out a weakened squad against the Imps meaning that they have to travel to Lincoln for the replay on a weekday night. Then he puts out a youthful squad against our strong team last night, loses and now notches up another potentially far-flung away game in the EFL Trophy. He didn't have to play all the reserves last night. Town beat us 5-0 in the friendly back in July and if our performance against Coventry is anything to go by, they could have run out a similar scoreline last night if they'd had a smattering of Norwoods and Judges on the pitch. 2500 Ipswich fans did not just turn out to spot future talent - they'd get similar crowds to U21 games if that were the case. They came to see their team win and I really feel Lambert has not grasped that.

Has Colchester/North Essex always been dominated by Ipswich fans? I know of one school in Colchester who's headteacher is going to the Man Utd game and has encouraged his children to take the Thursday morning/day off to do the same.
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 22:33 - Nov 13 with 580 viewsburnsieespana

Sadly Gosbits it has been the case since we lost out to the farmers in 1957 when they gained promotion from League 3 when we had for a longtime looked favourites to gain promotion.
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:28 - Nov 13 with 573 viewsmfb_cufc

The home game in the round of 32 will be against another team from the South East if I understand the rules properly. That means it will be either Leyton Orient, Chelsea U21's, Stevenage or Northampton we play. If that is the case a very good chance of making progress.

mfb

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 06:43 - Nov 14 with 558 viewsthrillseeker

GOSBTS - you wrote ' I know of one school in Colchester who's headteacher is going to the Man Utd game and has encouraged his children to take the Thursday morning/day off to do the same.'

What school is that? Certainly not St Helena. Their attendance officer has refused my request to take daughter out for 1.5 days although it may be reviewed due to denand.

I'm not bothered as train and hotel already booked for whole family
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 09:06 - Nov 14 with 548 viewsbwildered

wonder strike I was reminded of a similar distance goal from Bobby Gough at Layer Road many years ago.

I cannot remember who it was against but he scored from about 40 yards towards the Layer Road end of the ground.

The game you are referring Durham was U's v Blackpool 10/01/81.
A truly icon goal for all those there. No fluke here, a Beckhamesque deliberate shot when the ball sat up for Gough near the halfway line.
What a underrated signing Bobby Gough was, only 7k from struggling Southport. Also scored some thunderbolt free kicks.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 12:37 - Nov 14 with 530 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 09:06 - Nov 14 by bwildered

wonder strike I was reminded of a similar distance goal from Bobby Gough at Layer Road many years ago.

The game you are referring Durham was U's v Blackpool 10/01/81.
A truly icon goal for all those there. No fluke here, a Beckhamesque deliberate shot when the ball sat up for Gough near the halfway line.
What a underrated signing Bobby Gough was, only 7k from struggling Southport. Also scored some thunderbolt free kicks.

bwildered - thanks for refreshing my memory. Truly excellent.

I can remember the goal very clearly, but couldn't remember the opposition.

I was standing just to the left of the goal at the Layer Road end and had a brilliant view as Bobby Gough struck a sublime shot from 40 yards.

Totally agree about the worth to Colchester of Gough and others like Froggatt.

Great memories.

UTU's

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:33 - Nov 14 with 494 viewsGOSBTS

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 06:43 - Nov 14 by thrillseeker

GOSBTS - you wrote ' I know of one school in Colchester who's headteacher is going to the Man Utd game and has encouraged his children to take the Thursday morning/day off to do the same.'

What school is that? Certainly not St Helena. Their attendance officer has refused my request to take daughter out for 1.5 days although it may be reviewed due to denand.

I'm not bothered as train and hotel already booked for whole family

I'll have to ask my work colleague when I'm back from my holiday on the 25th as she didn't say which. It's a primary school though.

This is an experience that will live long in the memory of any boy/girl that attends, far more than two days of school!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024